U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 08:46 AM

8,989 posts, read 12,449,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
It is frightening and scary how he believes. It's this kind of blind adherence to the doctrines of men that had people burnt at the stake in the dark ages.
Your just a spiritual immature "christian" Pcamps. You think you are on the right path but you are not, in your sincerity you have created an idol in your mind. You love your idol not the true God.

Don't think I haven't noticed that you haven't answered the question of Moses. How does killing people; men, women and children (going against the 10 commandments) harmonize with your view of God's nature and character?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2009, 08:49 AM

5,556 posts, read 6,711,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Ok let's go from your thinking. Scripture is my authority but now since I don't go from the "book" and I become my own authority then because I don't like you, I think I will murder you so will I be justified in my thinking?
I'll stop here because my words must be few here.

Carry on.

Old 10-22-2009, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
I'll stop here because my words must be few here.

Carry on.
Oh come on...you can answer that? why am I not justified in killing you afterall I am now my own authority

Old 10-22-2009, 09:07 AM

30,170 posts, read 19,971,676 times
Quote:
Your just a spiritual immature "christian" Pcamps. You think you are on the right path but you are not, in your sincerity you have created an idol in your mind. You love your idol not the true God.

Don't think I haven't noticed that you haven't answered the question of Moses. How does killing people; men, women and children (going against the 10 commandments) harmonize with your view of God's nature and character?
I didn't realize you had asked a question about Moses .

Hebrews 1

3The Son(Jesus) is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things .

If you have seen me , you have seen the Father.

The scriptures tell us He's the same yesterday,today and forever .

I do not see in the gospels anything of Jesus that is an exact representation of killing men,women and children .

Old 10-22-2009, 09:15 AM

Quote:
I didn't realize you had asked a question about Moses .

Hebrews 1

3The Son(Jesus) is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things .

If you have seen me , you have seen the Father.

The scriptures tell us He's the same yesterday,today and forever .

I do not see in the gospels anything of Jesus that is an exact representation of killing men,women and children .
So your answer is?

Quote:
How does killing people; men, women and children (going against the 10 commandments) harmonize with your view of God's nature and character?

Old 10-22-2009, 09:26 AM

Quote:
So your answer is?
I have just told you

Old 10-22-2009, 09:29 AM

Quote:
I have just told you
"He is the same yestreday, today and froever" is not an answer. How does your god's character harmonize with killing men, women and children, violating the commandments?

You said, if God does dark things then He is not God. Isn't killing children darkness?

Old 10-22-2009, 09:35 AM

Quote:
"He is the same yestreday, today and froever" is not an answer. How does your god's character harmonize with killing men, women and children, violating the commandments?

You said, if God does dark things then He is not God. Isn't killing children darkness?
It's plain to see that you try and understand the scriptures through a carnal mind . You slam all that use reason and logic , but i don't see you using anything but carnal reason and logic.
The answer is there you just can't see it.

Old 10-22-2009, 09:42 AM

I have a question for you Fundy

The scriptures tell us “Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be; but we know that when He shall appear we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is. And every man that hath this hope in him, purifleth himself even as He is pure.” (I John III: v. 2, 3).

Now when it says when we see Him we shall be like Him,

Do you think we are going to have long flowing grey,blonde hair or beards, with long white garments ?.

Or do you believe we shall be an exact representation of His being ?

Or do you think we will be murderers,rapists, and all the other evil attributes you believe are in the make up of God ?.

Old 10-22-2009, 09:43 AM

5,556 posts, read 6,711,233 times
Quote:
Oh come on...you can answer that? why am I not justified in killing you afterall I am now my own authority
You really think you have me cornered into where you are trying to go with this, don't you? It's the classic CS Lewis, Mere Christianity argument. Again, please remember, I WAS where you are now and know the moves and tactics better than you think, however, I have to tread light in this forum which is why I said I would stop there.

Just carry on. I just thought I would make the previous observation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity