Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 11:08 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,563,768 times

Advertisements

Yesterday someone posted this verse in my thread directed at Christians who claim and confess often to be "so loving" yet are highly critical towards their fundamentalist, orthodox brothers and sisters in Christ just because they don't like what they do or say without any scriptural support of showing it to be a sin had me thinking. (Thank you Lord for giving me a message and support through Oakback's post )

in Mark 9:40. Jesus ordered the disciples not to hinder the exorcist, making the logical point that someone sincerely acting in His name would not soon turn against Him. There is no nuetral ground regarding Jesus Christ; those who are "not against" Him are on His side, but by the same token, "He who is not with me is against me; and he who does not gather with me scatters (Mathew 12:30)

Are you hindering your brothers and sisters in this room? Are you doubting and criticizing their sincerity towards unbelievers being saved, are you doubting the power of the Holy Spirit which dwells in that person or if that person has the Holy Spirit in them? even their love for their God or that your pride has you thinking you love God and people more than they do based on your personal understanding and beliefs on how you think a "loving" Christian should be?

Jesus did not allow His disciples to do this so why are we doing it?

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 10-20-2009 at 11:22 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2009, 11:12 AM

218 posts, read 311,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Yesterday someone posted this verse in my thread directed at Christians who claim and confess often to be "so loving" yet are highly critical towards their fundamentalist, orthodox brothers and sisters in Christ just because they don't like what they do or say without any scriptural support of showing it to be a sin had me thinking. (Thank you Lord for giving me a message and support through Oakback's post )

in Mark 9:40. Jesus ordered the disciples not to hinder the exorcist, making the logical point that someone sincerely acting in His name would not soon turn against Him. There is no nuetral ground regarding Jesus Christ; those who are "not against" Him are on His side, but by the same token, "He who is not with me is against me; and he who does not gather with me scatters (Mathew 12:30)

Are you hindering your brothers and sisters in this room? Are you doubting and criticizing their love for unbelievers, even their love for their God or that you are thinking you love God more than they do based on your personal understanding and beliefs on how you think a Christian should be?

Jesus did not allow His disciples to do this so why are you doing it?
How do you mean critical and what was said?

Old 10-20-2009, 11:15 AM

1,289 posts, read 2,167,449 times
Massive plank thread. : popcorn:

Old 10-20-2009, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightinsky View Post
How do you mean critical and what was said?
We are called intolerant, hateful, pharisee, unloving, legalistic, religious......need I go on?

Old 10-20-2009, 11:18 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,285,273 times
How can you be working for God when Jesus came to seek and save the lost and you are calling those who He came to seek and save "the children of the devil" and if they remain lost(which is absurd because Jesus came to seek and save the lost) they are off to their fete of Eternal damnation ?.

Old 10-20-2009, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StirringWaters View Post
Massive plank thread. : popcorn:
Stirring would love to discuss this...please

Old 10-20-2009, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
How can you be working for God when Jesus came to seek and save the lost and you are calling those who He came to seek and save "the children of the devil" and if they remain lost(which is absurd because Jesus came to seek and save the lost) they are off to their fete of Eternal damnation ?.
So you doubt our sincerity and love even that the Holy Spirit resides in us. Thank you for your honesty pcamps

Old 10-20-2009, 11:19 AM

1,289 posts, read 2,167,449 times
Quote:
Stirring would love to discuss this...please
I can't...I'd have to pull my plank out first.

Old 10-20-2009, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StirringWaters View Post
I can't...I'd have to pull my plank out first.
lol ....uhhh Stirring....you're the best

Old 10-20-2009, 11:24 AM

218 posts, read 311,178 times
Quote:
We are called intolerant, hateful, pharisee, unloving, legalistic, religious......need I go on?
If those things were said well I'm sorry. I just joined these forums last week so I don't know all the specifics. I do know that many born again Christians can be less understanding towards orthodox believer's. My parents, uncle's and aunts are orthodox in religion and I was too until I became born again John 3:3. I love all my brother's and sister's from orthodox it's just that they find traditions are more important to them then is obeying and following the bible. Other than that they add sacraments as a means for salvation by works when ephesians 2:8 speaks about grace through faith not by works, traditions, etc. They don't follow the principles of the bible but rather create their own ideas about what is right and wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity