U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 04:40 PM

302 posts, read 467,015 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundance View Post
Yes...the operative phrase being "with God..."
Amen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2009, 04:43 PM

7,543 posts, read 11,555,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna Kupp View Post
It is the very death of self.
Christy and I will agree on this, but I thought I would bring the microscope to this topic.

I hope we can all see this, but it really does require the cross in our lives. We are not natured by birth to be this way, but through the sufferings that the Holy Spirit brings we are changed. God is love, man is not. Let us not resist what God brings into our lives in order to form His nature in us.

Old 10-20-2009, 07:15 PM

1,405 posts, read 2,109,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
Christy and I will agree on this, but I thought I would bring the microscope to this topic.

I hope we can all see this, but it really does require the cross in our lives. We are not natured by birth to be this way, but through the sufferings that the Holy Spirit brings we are changed. God is love, man is not. Let us not resist what God brings into our lives in order to form His nature in us.
Hey are you talking about "our" Christygirl here on City Data???

Donna, this is a beautiful, inspiring post, you have blessed us all with this!!!

Old 10-20-2009, 08:12 PM

4,309 posts, read 5,453,036 times
I'm not one to argue with truth.........that's why I remain. Bless your hearts brothers and sisters in Christ! No one said it would be easy eh? LOVE................thank God for Jesus huh?

YouTube - Kirk Franklin - Love

Old 10-20-2009, 08:27 PM

14,078 posts, read 17,040,950 times
Never forget that love is always a chosen action. You may choose to love someone, or you may choose not to but, at some point, you will choose.

Old 10-20-2009, 09:20 PM

302 posts, read 467,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Never forget that love is always a chosen action. You may choose to love someone, or you may choose not to but, at some point, you will choose.
You have made an important point. It is our choice to act in love --or to not act in love, and at times there can be a real battle within us before we decide what to do. God is not going to decide for us --but he will enable us to be overcomers if we call upon Him.

Sometimes satan can flood our minds with thoughts about why something "just isn't fair" and other reasons why we should not act in love. That is the time to call upon the name of the Lord. If I just cry "Help" the spiritual battle ends and I have peace.

Romans 10:13

13 For1063 whosoever3956, 3739, 302 shall call upon1941 the3588 name3686 of the Lord2962 shall be saved.4982

4982 saved -
saos, “safe”); to save, that is, deliver or protect (literally or figuratively): - heal, preserve, save (self), do well, be (make) whole.

Donna Kupp

Old 09-04-2010, 07:02 AM

122 posts, read 149,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna Kupp View Post
You have made an important point. It is our choice to act in love --or to not act in love, and at times there can be a real battle within us before we decide what to do. God is not going to decide for us --but he will enable us to be overcomers if we call upon Him.

Sometimes satan can flood our minds with thoughts about why something "just isn't fair" and other reasons why we should not act in love. That is the time to call upon the name of the Lord. If I just cry "Help" the spiritual battle ends and I have peace.

Romans 10:13

13 For1063 whosoever3956, 3739, 302 shall call upon1941 the3588 name3686 of the Lord2962 shall be saved.4982

4982 saved -
saos, “safe”); to save, that is, deliver or protect (literally or figuratively): - heal, preserve, save (self), do well, be (make) whole.

Donna Kupp
Amen.... "If I just cry "Help" the spiritual battle ends and I have peace."

That is the ultimate goal of His agape love, conquering the self-life and finally His will over riding the heart of self and the beautiful results will call out for His help..... amen ??
We can not love as He loves. Our love is always selfish, sensual feelings in some way or another and most definitely self- motivated on the interior carnal nature and the exterior experiences !
It is only by the Holy Spirit whom performs in the heart that spiritual surgery, giving God's love and bringing the end of self (old man), that once ongoing battle to a final end of itself and that heart coming and entering into the rest of our God for all eternity, whom through the power of His Spirit will bring forth in that one (believer) the condition of being sanctified to the complete will of God. Amen !!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity