Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 01:00 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,552,612 times

Advertisements

Anyone going into prison ministry has my sincere admiration.
If I were to take the the bible in its literal sense and not interpret it to todays society,
I could be living in a box somewhere, thats kinda senseless to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2009, 01:38 PM

240 posts, read 437,231 times
I am so amazed at all that people are saying concerning my thread and just found out that two of the inmates that was helping prepare the meal are being questioned concerning putting motor oil in the gravy for the roast beef and mashed potaoes,these inmates also gets to go outside to wash the patrol cars and they think thats where they got the oil from the prison shop.So nowI really dont care what Christ girl says I love prison ministry and not everyone recieves Christ into their life and as far as them not liking us well I deal with the women in prison not the men,we did not eat at the prison they transported the food to a local church fellowship hall.Jesus did eat with sinners and so have I and I will eat with one more if you invite me,but never the lessI have a right to protect myself from anything that I feel in myspirit that would harm me.I did notfeel to eat it I made that wise decision abd it kept me from going to the hospital my system would have been destroyed,because as I stated I have lupus so I do what is right for me,you or no one else was there to help me when the lupus caused me to not walk,work,roll over in bed,I lost all of my beautiful long hair.
You Christy was not there to hold my hand when I was being seen by doctors every week for 9 months,you were not there to go through all the test,examinations,biopsies allergy test to determine what foods,soaps,perfumes,fabrics,lotions beverages that the lupus had caused me to have major flare ups that when I would have a flare up it affected my heart,eyes,joints,so dont judge me until you have walked through hell in my shoes,because you dont know what the hell I have been through.
I have dealt with prisoners for 4 years and they all need deliverance but alot of them get jail religion because they know the game to get out.The conditions of this prison is bad and we have beentold alot about how the mens jack off in the food there so you can eat it all you want because you probably is eating them

Old 10-21-2009, 02:33 PM

1,952 posts, read 4,789,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by queenlisa View Post
I am so amazed at all that people are saying concerning my thread and just found out that two of the inmates that was helping prepare the meal are being questioned concerning putting motor oil in the gravy for the roast beef and mashed potaoes,these inmates also gets to go outside to wash the patrol cars and they think thats where they got the oil from the prison shop.So nowI really dont care what Christ girl says I love prison ministry and not everyone recieves Christ into their life and as far as them not liking us well I deal with the women in prison not the men,we did not eat at the prison they transported the food to a local church fellowship hall.Jesus did eat with sinners and so have I and I will eat with one more if you invite me,but never the lessI have a right to protect myself from anything that I feel in myspirit that would harm me.I did notfeel to eat it I made that wise decision abd it kept me from going to the hospital my system would have been destroyed,because as I stated I have lupus so I do what is right for me,you or no one else was there to help me when the lupus caused me to not walk,work,roll over in bed,I lost all of my beautiful long hair.
You Christy was not there to hold my hand when I was being seen by doctors every week for 9 months,you were not there to go through all the test,examinations,biopsies allergy test to determine what foods,soaps,perfumes,fabrics,lotions beverages that the lupus had caused me to have major flare ups that when I would have a flare up it affected my heart,eyes,joints,so dont judge me until you have walked through hell in my shoes,because you dont know what the hell I have been through.
I have dealt with prisoners for 4 years and they all need deliverance but alot of them get jail religion because they know the game to get out.The conditions of this prison is bad and we have beentold alot about how the mens jack off in the food there so you can eat it all you want because you probably is eating them
We weren't there - you were. I believe what you say and I didn't realize you were in a women's prison - that explains a lot, right there. If you felt checked not to eat it, then you did the right thing, for you.

You don't have to justify yourself, at least you were there, trying to minister to people...I, personally, probably wouldn't be afraid to eat it........but then, I don't have lupus, either! Thank goodness. Don't feel badly.

Old 10-21-2009, 02:44 PM

55 posts, read 81,562 times
just remember 1800 years ago you would have been the one locked up for your beliefs. would you trust you

Old 10-21-2009, 03:01 PM

240 posts, read 437,231 times
Default oh come on

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoneer View Post
just remember 1800 years ago you would have been the one locked up for your beliefs. would you trust you

the people that are in prison now are in their for their criminal acts not their religous belief totally different,and yes I trust me,because I was raised to do good and it will come back to you,so I feel good for not eating that motor oil

anybody else want a piece of me BRING IT ON

Old 10-21-2009, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenlisa View Post
God gave us a brain, intuition and common sense too. Hmmmm...
I wonder why? I wouldn't worry about the judgments of one or two.
Next time they have a dinner, save your platter, you can
mail it out in appreciation.

Last edited by virgode; 10-21-2009 at 03:44 PM..

Old 10-21-2009, 03:41 PM

Heres a phrase I love, its appropriate here:

"If God only used perfect people, nothing would ever get done"
Rick Warren

Old 10-21-2009, 03:59 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,439,567 times
You eat McDonald's regularly? Burger King, How about you're favorite Chinese food? Who's cooking those? Do you really know? How do you know if that prisoner who just got out last week isn't flipping your burgers? Because you KNEW who did the cooking at your "affair", suddenly somebody is out to kill you? Really?

You know what, thank God He does'nt treat us like that! He welcomes us and accepts US just as we are, yes prisoners and all.........

What would I have done you ask? Gratefully accept it and close my mouth about it. Judgmental, a little, ignorant, definitely, but you know what is said: Ignorance can be educated........

PS: What's your purpose of being there anyway? Curious.

Old 10-21-2009, 03:59 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,715,345 times
God save the QueenLisa

Old 10-22-2009, 09:55 AM

4,901 posts, read 8,752,582 times
Are all of you who are so forcefully still telling her that she SHOULD have eaten it forgetting that the others got sick and they later found out there was motor oil in it?

Hindsight is 20/20.....and in this case, hindsight proves that she was absolutely right in not eating it!

It's possible she didn't handle it the most perfect way, but thank God he is merciful and forgiving, and helps us to learn from our mistakes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity