Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 02:57 PM

240 posts, read 437,260 times

Advertisements

well I do prison ministry and have been doing it for 4 years well the warden and sheriff decided to give all the volunteers a dinner for coming to spread the gospel to the inmates.
we all went from our church about 10 of us ,well they had the dinner at this big beautiful church and as they were blessing the meal they asked God to bless the inmates that prepared the meal.
HOLD ON THE INMATES COOKED MY APPRECIATION MEAL!you know I lost my appetite I know how alot of those inmates are by working with them in the prison ministry and you let them cook for me.OH NO NO NO.
I devided not to eat and thank God I did'nt because alot of people got badly sick,vomiting,diarrhea,they say it was food poison.

Would you have denied the meal or accepted it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2009, 03:00 PM

14,688 posts, read 26,617,537 times
I probably wouldn't have eaten it. Unfortunately, I don't think I would trust the kitchen inmates to cook food for people outside the prison. The warden and the sherriff shouldn't have either.

Old 10-20-2009, 03:03 PM

55 posts, read 81,565 times
I would have eaten thankfully even if i had gotten sick.

Old 10-20-2009, 03:35 PM

I dont care how much I would pray over the food and give thanks but the fact that I knew who cooked it was a big turn off,had I not known I would have eaten it just like I do at reataurants,but I knew and it saved me from having my stomach pumped

Old 10-20-2009, 03:45 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,564,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by queenlisa View Post
well I do prison ministry and have been doing it for 4 years well the warden and sheriff decided to give all the volunteers a dinner for coming to spread the gospel to the inmates.
we all went from our church about 10 of us ,well they had the dinner at this big beautiful church and as they were blessing the meal they asked God to bless the inmates that prepared the meal.
HOLD ON THE INMATES COOKED MY APPRECIATION MEAL!you know I lost my appetite I know how alot of those inmates are by working with them in the prison ministry and you let them cook for me.OH NO NO NO.
I devided not to eat and thank God I did'nt because alot of people got badly sick,vomiting,diarrhea,they say it was food poison.

LOL....Dude some of are germiphobes and some of us just have good common sense. I for one don't blame you you were not acting any less loving or Christian.

Old 10-20-2009, 04:00 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,178,366 times
I work with a guy who does prison ministry (he plays softball on a team against prison teams ); anyway, he said he's been in similar situations and ate what the prisoners ate. A lot of prisons are so far away from conveniences that a visitor would have to drive an hour or more for "regular" dining.

Old 10-20-2009, 04:48 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,211,332 times
Quote:

I do prison ministry and would have accepted it gladly. This post truly shows just how judgmental and hypocritical some "Christians" really are.

Old 10-20-2009, 04:52 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,760,317 times
Quote:

I have been in jail ... on multiple occasions ... You know what they say about preachers kids? ... It is true, at least in regard myself. Anyway, I don't think i would have eaten much of it if any at all. YIKES!

Heck i hardly ate during my various stays in jail anyway. I would eat the bread and the cold cuts but that was it, id just give the rest of it away ... Perhaps if some of these people here had experienced the things i experienced when i was in jail they would understand where you are coming from a little more.

Old 10-20-2009, 05:06 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,966,764 times
Quote:

It looks to me that God knew the food was bad and saved you from a very bad situation of food poisoning. But, He made sure the others who ate would experience that poisoning in accord with His august wisdom.

You did the right thing.

Old 10-21-2009, 07:36 AM

Default thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
It looks to me that God knew the food was bad and saved you from a very bad situation of food poisoning. But, He made sure the others who ate would experience that poisoning in accord with His august wisdom.

You did the right thing.

alot of people tried to make me feel bad and unappreciative,but I had food poison 2 years ago and almost died because at that time I was just diagnoised with lupus and those two just about took me out,so I dont care or apologize for being cautious in what I eat and who prepares because I have to take extra care of myself with the lupus
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity