U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 01:12 AM

5,261 posts, read 6,233,863 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thy Kingdom Come View Post
Again, no such scripture. Show me any scripture with the words "physical death" and "lost forever" It's all based on the translation of aionion and owlam as "everlasting".
I'm not going there with you TKC...I don't need Greek to understand that sin separates us from God, and all I need to know this, is through my precious Bible...period.

Again...I think we're done here.

Good night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2009, 01:13 AM

2,739 posts, read 7,641,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
Ezekiel 18

(21) God sheweth how He dealeth with a wicked man repenting: (24) with a just man revolting. (25) He defendeth His justice, (31) and exhortedth to repentance.
21)But if the wicked will turn from all his sins that he hath committed, and keep all my statutes, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall surely live, he shall not die.
22)All his transgressions that he hath committed, they shall not be mentioned unto him: in his righteousness that he hath done, he shall live.
23)Have I any pleasure at all that the wicked should die? saith the Lord God: and not that he should return from his ways, and live?
24)But when the righteous turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and doeth according to all the abominations that the wicked man doeth, shall he live? All his righteousness that he hath done shall not be mentioned: in his trespass that he hath trespassed, and in his sin that he hath sinned, in them he shall die.
25)Yet ye say, The way of the Lord is not equal. Hear now, O house of Israel; is not my way equal? are not your ways unequal?
26) When a righteous man turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and dieth in them; for his iniquity that he hath done shall he die.
27)Again, when the wicked man turneth away from his wickedness that he hath committed, and doeth that which is lawful and right, he shall save his soul alive.
28)Because he considereth, and turnetth away from all his transgressions that he hath committed, he shall surely live, he shall not die.
29)Yet saith the house of Israel, The way of the Lord is not equal. O house of Isreal, are not my ways equal? are not your ways unequal?
30)Therfore I will judge you, O house of Israel, every one according to his ways, saith the Lord God. Repent, and turn yourselves from all your transgressions; so iniquity shall not be your ruin.
31)Cast away from you all your transgressions, whereby ye have transgressed; and make you a new heart and a new spirit: for why will ye die, O house of Israel?
32)For I have no pleasure in the death of him that dieth, saith the Lord God: wherefore turn yourselves, and live ye.

Crystal clear. You will live in righteousness. You will die in your sins...your very soul will die forever in your sins if you do not turn...if you do not repent. And anyone that says different, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

Wherefore turn yourselves, and live ye: I like that!

I see nothing wrong with living in righteousness. And I see nothing wrong with the idea of forsaking sin and wrongdoing. It's an honorable goal, and I think we should do it! If we should fail, then repent, ask the Lord for forgiveness, and then move on. Don't let momentary stumbling blocks stop you...

Bud

Old 10-21-2009, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post
Wherefore turn yourselves, and live ye: I like that!

I see nothing wrong with living in righteousness. And I see nothing wrong with the idea of forsaking sin and wrongdoing. It's an honorable goal, and I think we should do it! If we should fail, then repent, ask the Lord for forgiveness, and then move on. Don't let momentary stumbling blocks stop you...

Bud
I know!!! Right??!! There is so much peace to be found when living in righteousness...there's so much freedom!!!...the truth truly does set you free from all bondage of sin...God's yoke is so light, and His burden is so easy...It's something everyone should want more than anything!...and it is attainable to everyone...if they are only willing to receive it!

Thanks Bud...

Old 10-21-2009, 01:38 AM

1,711 posts, read 1,564,355 times
Verna says that according to Ezekiel 18, if the house of Israel dies in their sins they are dead and lost forever.
  • Ezekiel 18:31 Cast away from you all your transgressions, whereby ye have transgressed; and make you a new heart and a new spirit: for why will ye die, O house of Israel?
Yet in chapter 37, God asks the prophet Ezekiel "can these bones live?".
  • Ezekiel 37:3 And he said unto me, Son of man, can these bones live? And I answered, O Lord GOD, thou knowest.
What are these bones?
  • Ezekiel 37:11 Then he said unto me, Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel: behold, they say, Our bones are dried, and our hope is lost: we are cut off for our parts.
Are these hopeless, dead, dried up, slain, cut-off bones really lost forever?
  • Ezekiel 37:11 Then he said unto me, Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel: behold, they say, Our bones are dried, and our hope is lost: we are cut off for our parts. 12 Therefore prophesy and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, O my people, I will open your graves, and cause you to come up out of your graves, and bring you into the land of Israel. 13 And ye shall know that I [am] the LORD, when I have opened your graves, O my people, and brought you up out of your graves, 14 And shall put my spirit in you, and ye shall live, and I shall place you in your own land: then shall ye know that I the LORD have spoken it, and performed it, saith the LORD.

Old 10-21-2009, 01:47 AM

1,711 posts, read 1,564,355 times
Quote:
I'm not going there with you TKC...I don't need Greek to understand that sin separates us from God, and all I need to know this, is through my precious Bible...period.

Again...I think we're done here.

Good night.
I had already posted that before you I saw your good night... so good night again...

I agree that sin separates us from God and that the only way to be made alive again is to repent and follow the Lord. That much we agree on.

Old 10-21-2009, 01:50 AM

[quote=Thy Kingdom Come;11279691]Verna says that according to Ezekiel 18, if the house of Israel dies in their sins they are dead and lost forever.
  • Ezekiel 18:31 Cast away from you all your transgressions, whereby ye have transgressed; and make you a new heart and a new spirit: for why will ye die, O house of Israel?
Yet in chapter 37, God asks the prophet Ezekiel "can these bones live?".
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by TKC
    Ezekiel 37:3 And he said unto me, Son of man, can these bones live? And I answered, O Lord GOD, thou knowest. What are these bones?
  • Ezekiel 37:11 Then he said unto me, Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel: behold, they say, Our bones are dried, and our hope is lost: we are cut off for our parts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKC
Are these hopeless, dead, dried up, slain, cut-off bones really lost forever?
  • Ezekiel 37:11 Then he said unto me, Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel: behold, they say, Our bones are dried, and our hope is lost: we are cut off for our parts. 12 Therefore prophesy and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, O my people, I will open your graves, and cause you to come up out of your graves, and bring you into the land of Israel. 13 And ye shall know that I [am] the LORD, when I have opened your graves, O my people, and brought you up out of your graves, 14 And shall put my spirit in you, and ye shall live, and I shall place you in your own land: then shall ye know that I the LORD have spoken it, and performed it, saith the LORD.
The vision was to encourage the desponding Jews; to predict both their restoration after the captivity, and also their recovery from their present and long-continued dispersion. It was also a clear intimation of the resurrection of the dead; and it represents the power and grace of God, in the conversion of the most hopeless sinners to himself. Let us look to Him who will at last open our graves, and bring us forth to judgment, that He may now deliver us from sin, and put his Spirit within us, and keep us by his power, through faith, unto salvation.

Old 10-21-2009, 04:14 AM

30,146 posts, read 19,964,744 times
I do not believe sin seperates God from us but seperates us from God .

Romans 3

6You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly. 7Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous man, though for a good man someone might possibly dare to die. 8But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

2 Corinthians 5

19that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting men's sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation. 20We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ's behalf: Be reconciled to God. 21God made him who had no sin to be sin[a] for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.

We need to learn to approach God on the basis of what He has said and done , rather than what we see in our fleshly carnal minds.

Romans 4

18Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed and so became the father of many nations, just as it had been said to him, “So shall your offspring be.”d 19Without weakening in his faith, he faced the fact that his body was as good as dead—since he was about a hundred years old—and that Sarah’s womb was also dead. 20Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, 21being fully persuaded that God had power to do what he had promised.

Old 10-21-2009, 06:06 AM

1,895 posts, read 4,039,360 times
Quote:
Dear DaniMae,

A person can be judged a true Christian, or not, by the fruit of their words and actions. If their words and actions are vile...then what is in their heart is vile. As a man thinketh, so is he. A person is who they are in their heart...and when hatred and wickedness comes from their mouth...they are not a true Christian.
You are in no position to judge anyone....I hate to break it to you. LOL. You aren't God, and you aren't perfect, either, no matter what you claim.

1 John 3:15
Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.

Last edited by Sundance; 10-21-2009 at 07:11 AM..

Old 10-21-2009, 07:51 AM

988 posts, read 1,573,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniMae1 View Post
You say that you know where Sundance's heart is?! I thought only god knew a person's heart! ?

Mat 12:34 O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.

We can know another's heart by his words. They cannot hide their heart from those who have received the knowledge of the truth,

1Jn 2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

HK

Old 10-21-2009, 08:03 AM

1,895 posts, read 4,039,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold Kupp View Post
Mat 12:34 O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.

We can know another's heart by his words. They cannot hide their heart from those who have received the knowledge of the truth,

1Jn 2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

HK
.......all of which, applies to Miss P., also, for God is no respector of persons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or