U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-21-2009, 08:04 AM
 
Location: Florida
5,261 posts, read 6,233,863 times
Reputation: 837

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold Kupp View Post
Mat 12:34 O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.


We can know another's heart by his words. They cannot hide their heart from those who have received the knowledge of the truth,


1Jn 2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.


HK
Good morning Harold......Amen, and God Bless!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-21-2009, 08:10 AM
 
Location: USA
1,895 posts, read 4,039,360 times
Reputation: 1988
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
Good morning Harold......Amen, and God Bless!
Well amen and amen, you will be judged with the judgement you mete out to others and guess what, you are not the one standing at the pearly gates, deciding who gains admittance and who does not, so don't get too heady, Miss P.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-21-2009, 11:15 AM
 
988 posts, read 1,573,886 times
Reputation: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundance View Post
Well amen and amen, you will be judged with the judgement you mete out to others and guess what, you are not the one standing at the pearly gates, deciding who gains admittance and who does not, so don't get too heady, Miss P.

ummmm - I think she is more concerned about your admittance than hers... After all, what other agenda could Verna have - she is not seeking money or approval. No she is using her time to try and help others see what she has learned that they may come to know God.

Verna has learned that those who do not keep God's commandments are deceiving themselves about their relationship with God.

1 John 2:3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.

That verse is the test. When you stand at the pearly gates will you be able to answer "Yes I know Him"?

HK

1 John 2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-21-2009, 11:28 AM
 
Location: RV Park
7,543 posts, read 11,550,724 times
Reputation: 4461
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
We need to learn to approach God on the basis of what He has said and done , rather than what we see in our fleshly carnal minds.
Words to live by - for both the saint and the sinner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-21-2009, 11:29 AM
 
Location: Florida
5,261 posts, read 6,233,863 times
Reputation: 837
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold Kupp View Post
ummmm - I think she is more concerned about your admittance than hers... After all, what other agenda could Verna have - she is not seeking money or approval. No she is using her time to try and help others see what she has learned that they may come to know God.
...exactly...my prayer is always for God to give me His heart...and to break my heart for what breaks His...to help me love as He has loved me...so as many as possible can walk from earth into eternity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold Kupp
Verna has learned that those who do not keep God's commandments are deceiving themselves about their relationship with God.
It is Scriptural...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold Kupp
1 John 2:3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.

That verse is the test. When you stand at the pearly gates will you be able to answer "Yes I know Him"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold Kupp
1 John 2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
Thank you Harold.

God Bless,
Verna.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-21-2009, 11:39 AM
 
5,925 posts, read 5,681,725 times
Reputation: 639
God brought every believer that currently exists to a point of repentance, some took longer than others. Some understand where they resisted and faught against it but relented eventually.

Some have actually forsaken this truth and worship themselves to the point they do not think God was required to have made their choice that they boast about so highly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-21-2009, 11:42 AM
 
Location: Seattle, Washington
8,435 posts, read 8,384,960 times
Reputation: 1690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundance View Post
Well amen and amen, you will be judged with the judgement you mete out to others and guess what, you are not the one standing at the pearly gates, deciding who gains admittance and who does not, so don't get too heady, Miss P.
I've been waiting to use this verse and I think it more than applies here:

Romans 2:1 Therefore you have no excuse, everyone of you who passes judgment, for in that which you judge another, you condemn yourself; for you who judge practice the same things.

But that is just common sense as well..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-21-2009, 11:42 AM
 
Location: USA
1,895 posts, read 4,039,360 times
Reputation: 1988
Quote:
That verse is the test. When you stand at the pearly gates will you be able to answer "Yes I know Him"?

I don't have to wait until I arrive at the pearly gates - I know, now, that I know Him.

Do you?

You cannot argue with the very words of the Lord.


Quote:
John 13: 33-34
34A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.

35By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-21-2009, 11:48 AM
 
Location: USA
1,895 posts, read 4,039,360 times
Reputation: 1988
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
I've been waiting to use this verse and I think it more than applies here:

Romans 2:1 Therefore you have no excuse, everyone of you who passes judgment, for in that which you judge another, you condemn yourself; for you who judge practice the same things.

But that is just common sense as well..
^Yep.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top