Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 07:52 PM

1,413 posts, read 2,463,069 times

Advertisements

will be in heaven . . . not on earth . . . there is so much unbiblical doctrine abounding what is happening those 1,000 years.

The Bible has the answer. Jesus Christ is now in heaven preparing mansions for His children (John 14:1,2). When He returns, He will take us to Himself, "that where I am, there you shall be also" (vs. 3). Thus, when He comes, Jesus will take us to the place where He is now. Where is that? In heaven, in the New Jerusalem (Revelation 3:12; 21:10,24). Similarly, 1 Thessalonians 4:16,17 tells us that when Jesus Christ returns at the end of the world that we shall be "caught up." Thus we are going UP to glory. In perfect agreement with this is Revelation 19:1,2, which tells us that immediately after the destruction of Babylon (Revelation 18:8-24), John saw all the saved IN HEAVEN with Jesus Christ.

According to Revelation 20:4,6, the saints will "reign" with Jesus for 1000 years. Yet, contrary to popular opinion, Revelation 20 DOES NOT SAY the saints will rule on earth at that time. This wouldn’t make sense anyway, for why would Jesus and the saints rule over a devastated and ruined world covered with dead bodies? No. The Bible says that we are going UP when Jesus returns (1 Thessalonians 4:17), that Christ will take us to the NEW JERUSALEM (John 14:1-3), and that we will all be IN HEAVEN praising God after Babylon is destroyed (Revelation 19:1,2).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2009, 09:17 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,432,574 times
The 1000 years in the Greek should be interpreted as the years and reign of the thousands of saints, referring not to a time period of 1,000 years, but to the number of saints reigning. In Revelation chapter 7 the 144,000 should be interpreted as indicative of the thousands of saints who are reigning. Satan is bound during their reign to the extent that he can’t stop the gospel from spreading from nation to nation. That reign of the thousands is the time between Pentecost AD 30 and the return of Christ to judge Israel in 70 AD.

Daniel 7 also confirms this judgement:

Dan 7:10 A fiery stream issued and came forth from before him: thousand thousands ministered unto him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him: the judgment was set, and the books were opened.

We must understand that these saints are not just those that have deferred the beast, the mark and so forth, but is inclusive of all the saints. The Great Tribulation saints are just part of this thousands.

χίλιοι chilioi - thousand thousands
χιλιάς chilias - one thousand

The first word is used here concerning this concept and denotes a plurality of a thousand. Because of this error, the entire system of eschatology has been misinterpreted no more than a few years after John wrote it. This very reason why many of the early church fathers erred.

Old 10-20-2009, 09:59 PM

2,339 posts, read 4,400,101 times
Jesus will be reigning with a football team?! Awesome! I suppose Jesus would be the quarterback.

Old 10-20-2009, 10:12 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,432,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniMae1 View Post
Jesus will be reigning with a football team?! Awesome! I suppose Jesus would be the quarterback.
Too much Java I think DaniMae...u got any for me?

Old 10-21-2009, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Too much Java I think DaniMae...u got any for me?

Yeah always! Freshly ground stuff today. Mmmm.... Come on over! Bring forbidden donuts!

Old 10-21-2009, 06:00 AM

Quote:
DaniMae, I know you are agnostic . . do you think it's okay that recently you have been joining discussions . . just to make saracastic comments??? It seems a little bit antagonistic to me . . . but that's my two cents.

Old 10-21-2009, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesigns64 View Post
DaniMae, I know you are agnostic . . do you think it's okay that recently you have been joining discussions . . just to make saracastic comments??? It seems a little bit antagonistic to me . . . but that's my two cents.

Huh? I'm just being silly! If you go through many posts you'll find different people cutting up. I'm sorry if it bothers you. I am just like this all the time. My family loves it! Leave it to mom to say something funny! Really I mean nothing by it. If I were being antagonistic I'd saying mean and nasty things. Not silly.

Old 10-21-2009, 06:44 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,560,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesigns64 View Post
will be in heaven . . . not on earth . . . there is so much unbiblical doctrine abounding what is happening those 1,000 years.

The Bible has the answer. Jesus Christ is now in heaven preparing mansions for His children (John 14:1,2). When He returns, He will take us to Himself, "that where I am.............
I believe we will be on earth for a thousand years then Satan allied with millions on this planet for one last rebellion against God then after this reign God will destroy the earth and create a new one but this is a non essential so I won't be dogmatic about it.

Old 10-21-2009, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Huh? I'm just being silly! If you go through many posts you'll find different people cutting up. I'm sorry if it bothers you. I am just like this all the time. My family loves it! Leave it to mom to say something funny! Really I mean nothing by it. If I were being antagonistic I'd saying mean and nasty things. Not silly.
Yeah, I know, your comments usually crack me up . . . . I love their addition to things . . maybe it's me . . . blessings . .

Old 10-21-2009, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
I believe we will be on earth for a thousand years then Satan allied with millions on this planet for one last rebellion against God then after this reign God will destroy the earth and create a new one but this is a non essential so I won't be dogmatic about it.
I used to believe that, or shall I say, when I first started attending church, that is what I was taught . . . but the bible, in my opinion, didn't line up with that teaching . . . look at this . . .

1And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.

2And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,

3And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity