Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 07:06 AM

2,331 posts, read 3,365,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniMae1 View Post
I prayed for years and nothing happened. So what is prayer the answer for? Disappoinment?! Yeah.
What were you expecting to happen? Were you looking for a sign, or were you really doing your best to have a conversation with your Heavenly Parent?

Sincere fasting, prayer with a purpose after doing one's homework and all one can do, scripture study, having the faith to keep on keeping on keeping God's commandments to the best of one's ability, and much intense listening can tune you to the right 'frequency' to hear the still small voice of individual revelation from God.

He's there all right, and He does answer prayer...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2009, 07:22 AM

2,339 posts, read 4,383,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justamere10 View Post
What were you expecting to happen? Were you looking for a sign, or were you really doing your best to have a conversation with your Heavenly Parent?

Sincere fasting, prayer with a purpose after doing one's homework and all one can do, scripture study, having the faith to keep on keeping on keeping God's commandments to the best of one's ability, and much intense listening can tune you to the right 'frequency' to hear the still small voice of individual revelation from God.

He's there all right, and He does answer prayer...

Desperately seeking a family healing!!!! That is what I was expecting to happen! But apparently I wasn't good enough or didn't pay enough to the church or something! Because god basically told me....well I can't say it cause I'll get an infraction.

Old 11-04-2009, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniMae1 View Post
Desperately seeking a family healing!!!! That is what I was expecting to happen! But apparently I wasn't good enough or didn't pay enough to the church or something! Because god basically told me....well I can't say it cause I'll get an infraction.
As i often tell my little grandchildren when one of them gets a hurt: "life comes with bumps and scrapes and cuts and bruises, aaaaand good things."

Those things such as illness that we naturally try to avoid are sometimes the very things that allow us to learn and grow the most, even though it's hard, God sees things from a different perspective.

Look back on your life at the things you at the time thought were terribly negative and you'll see that you emerged from them and survived. That will continue, that's the way these few mortal years are set up for us, we're in school. We need to experience pain so that we can know it's opposite and that that's what we want. Negative happenings are an essential part of our growing up experience as a child of God, so that we can become more like our Heavenly Parent. God is no repecter of persons, He loves those whom He chastens, even you.

Old 11-04-2009, 08:41 AM

Default The Infinite Power of Hope.

The Infinite Power of Hope

Finding hope in Jesus Christ sustains us through times of difficulty and despair, teaching us there is reason to rejoice even when darkness seems to surround us. Below is a link to a website that focuses on HOPE including inspiring videos and true stories.

http://www.lds.org/topic/finding-hope/

Old 11-04-2009, 04:06 PM

392 posts, read 556,961 times
America has no hope; prophecy is unfolding right before our eyes. Now America or Babylon must meet her maker and face His wrath he will pour on her. Come out of her my people for her sins have reached unto heaven.

Old 11-04-2009, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gideon7620 View Post
America has no hope; prophecy is unfolding right before our eyes. Now America or Babylon must meet her maker and face His wrath he will pour on her. Come out of her my people for her sins have reached unto heaven.
To have hope is a choice. We're a long way down the road to pride, immorality, and secularism in America, but I think the pendulum is now swinging the other way and that the majority of grassroots Americans continue to be good people. Because of them and those who repent and turn to God as times get even more difficult, perhaps God will spare this nation. I certainly hope so.

Old 11-04-2009, 04:19 PM

4,790 posts, read 5,875,750 times
Prayer, or not, the squeaky wheel still needs oiling. We can pray for God to oil the wheel, or we can oil it ourselves, and thank God for the opportunity to hit the road in a noiseless fashion.

Old 11-05-2009, 07:26 AM

Quote:
To have hope is a choice. We're a long way down the road to pride, immorality, and secularism in America, but I think the pendulum is now swinging the other way and that the majority of grassroots Americans continue to be good people. Because of them and those who repent and turn to God as times get even more difficult, perhaps God will spare this nation. I certainly hope so.

Gideon said, I believe that also. All we need now is for another George W. to come into offince now and take over. We are headed for deep trouble when another Neo Con comes into office from the extreme right wing influence. We Christines placed the Bushes in office and they used God's name to get in. We fell for it. Now some other neocon will come along and do the same; the atospherre and setting are ripe for the takings. I believe the antichrist will be a right wing conservative. Afterall, he is the only one that can deceive the right wing as he makes his appearce as godlike or in favor of God's people. Satan will present himself as an angel of light. For such Obama can not be the antichrist.

Old 11-05-2009, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gideon7620 View Post
Gideon said, I believe that also. All we need now is for another George W. to come into offince now and take over. We are headed for deep trouble when another Neo Con comes into office from the extreme right wing influence. We Christines placed the Bushes in office and they used God's name to get in. We fell for it. Now some other neocon will come along and do the same; the atospherre and setting are ripe for the takings. I believe the antichrist will be a right wing conservative. Afterall, he is the only one that can deceive the right wing as he makes his appearce as godlike or in favor of God's people. Satan will present himself as an angel of light. For such Obama can not be the antichrist.
Quoting from the op, one of those "right wing conservatives" had this to say:

"If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." Ronald Reagan

But this is more about the grassroots common people of the USA than about those who strut around Washington DC daily inventing more and more laws to puff their pride, feed bureaucrats and lawyers, and control the people. (Laws are just words, words written by politicians, lawyers, and special interest minority groups.)

Here is the solution to America's problems, the way to get the Lord to fight our battles for us:

"If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land." 2 Chronicles 7: 14

http://scriptures.lds.org/en/2_chr/7/14#14

Old 11-05-2009, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Quoting from the op, one of those "right wing conservatives" had this to say:

"If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." Ronald Reagan

But this is more about the grassroots common people of the USA than about those who strut around Washington DC daily inventing more and more laws to puff their pride, feed bureaucrats and lawyers, and control the people. (Laws are just words, words written by politicians, lawyers, and special interest minority groups.)

Here is the solution to America's problems, the way to get the Lord to fight our battles for us:

"If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land." 2 Chronicles 7: 14

http://scriptures.lds.org/en/2_chr/7/14#14
GIdeon said
I understand what you are saying but we have prophecy to contend with. Ameirica I believe fits into that prophecy., If they had a grass roots political revival and had an appointee, chance are he would be the antichrist. They came out from amounst us that their works might be made manifest; this is precisely what sacares me a grass roots appointment would cause the pendulum to swing to the right as never seen before, to the point of radicalism. This is precisely what happened in Nazi Germany, as a matter of fact, Hitler's favorite Bilble verse was render unto Ceasar, that which is Caecar's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity