Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 08:24 PM

392 posts, read 559,607 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justamere10 View Post
You apparently fear the people and apparently think THE antichrist is destined to come from America, I don't. And I'm not referring to a political grassroots movement. I'm referring to good people everywhere turning more fully to God, giving up sins such as immorality, and with a positive frame of mind (focused faith) asking GOD to turn away evil from America and Americans.

As it was with Nineveh, prophecy is conditional upon the freedom people have to choose to change. I continue to believe that the majority of grassroots Americans are good people who love the Lord, but are in need of some retrenching and turning back more fully to Him and His teachings, especially to love one another.
Gideon said, I understand your reasoning, and I do not mean to sound pessiimistic. Truthfully, it is impossible; Jesus told us this generation would not pass until all these things be fulfilled. Quite frankly, I am looking forward to seeing God's wrath poured on America. She indeed is the Mother of Harlots described in Revelation. No other nation on earth fits the character as she does. We even have the Babylonian Godess Ishatar, the largest stone idol ever built, sitting in the center of world trade, NewYork Harbor. God can not reverse Bible prophecy, it would make him a liar. God does not lie. The American Indians will hold a special place in God during the new Millenium; they must have faith. Come out of her my people for her sins have reached unto heaven. America is a cestpool of corruption and always has been.

Last edited by Gideon7620; 11-08-2009 at 08:33 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2009, 09:29 PM

2,331 posts, read 3,374,347 times
Default With God, all things are possible...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gideon7620 View Post
Gideon said, I understand your reasoning, and I do not mean to sound pessiimistic. Truthfully, it is impossible; Jesus told us this generation would not pass until all these things be fulfilled. Quite frankly, I am looking forward to seeing God's wrath poured on America. She indeed is the Mother of Harlots described in Revelation. No other nation on earth fits the character as she does. We even have the Babylonian Godess Ishatar, the largest stone idol ever built, sitting in the center of world trade, NewYork Harbor. God can not reverse Bible prophecy, it would make him a liar. God does not lie. The American Indians will hold a special place in God during the new Millenium; they must have faith. Come out of her my people for her sins have reached unto heaven. America is a cestpool of corruption and always has been.
It seems quite popular among people who hold a certain fashionable political belief to blame America and Americans for everything wrong in the world.

You certainly come across as much more than just "pessimistic."

As for me, I love my country and know that even though our inspired constitution and unique individual freedoms are under attack and severely threatened right now by enemies within, I still have confidence in grassroots Americans to stand up and do the right thing.

If we're as far down the wrong road as you seem to think we are then we'll need to effectively and unitedly seek the help of the Lord to help us fight this battle against wickedness in high places, secularism, immorality, and pride. An attitude of optimism, faith in God, and confidence that we can defeat wickedness at all levels is helpful. The defeatist negative attitude you display, in my opinion, is destructive and demoralizing.

And that: seeking the help of the Lord through repentance, right living, right doing, and prayer, is the subject of this thread.

With God, all things are possible...

Old 11-09-2009, 05:31 AM

Quote:
It seems quite popular among people who hold a certain fashionable political belief to blame America and Americans for everything wrong in the world.

You certainly come across as much more than just "pessimistic."

As for me, I love my country and know that even though our inspired constitution and unique individual freedoms are under attack and severely threatened right now by enemies within, I still have confidence in grassroots Americans to stand up and do the right thing.

If we're as far down the wrong road as you seem to think we are then we'll need to effectively and unitedly seek the help of the Lord to help us fight this battle against wickedness in high places, secularism, immorality, and pride. An attitude of optimism, faith in God, and confidence that we can defeat wickedness at all levels is helpful. The defeatist negative attitude you display, in my opinion, is destructive and demoralizing.

And that: seeking the help of the Lord through repentance, right living, right doing, and prayer, is the subject of this thread.

Gideon said, understand this my friend, America has been destructive since its inception. There in nothing good about her besides the true Christian and Jewish herritage that belongs to her. For such we are commanded to come out of her.

What is modern Babylon? Modern Babylon is a system of Religious freedom for all religions; it is a unification of all faiths, cultures, ideals, and philosophies. It is as in ancient times a unification of all races, under one embrella, a sea of racial diversity as seen in scripture; One out of many, epruribus unum. We also must note that modern day Babylon has the largest seaports in the world; it is the center of world trade. Modern Babylon has the strongest military in the world. Another important note to note of Babylon is the fact that it has the largest economy in the world and has prospered more so than any Nation. The Modern day Babylonian system also has many councils and counselors. Notice we could pull thousands of verses to prove the US fits prophecy to a tee, but we won't; covering the main aspects should easily prove, America is modern day Babylon. Other important factors to add on to this too are the facts that America has spread its filth of materialism, idolatry, false religions, economics, and Hollywood filth to all the nations of the world. The nations have become drunk with the wine and excess of her fornication; take note, America is a lady. We even have the Babylonian idol, known as Ishtar in New York Harbor, known as Lady Liberty. Ironically, Ishtar, the bearer of light and freedom for all immigrants, also had her place in ancient Babylon. Her place was to light the way for all immigrants seeking freedom and liberty through the Babylonian system. So as America has openings and opportunities for all immigrants so did ancient Babylon. The ideal behind Babylon was to unite all races and cultures under one umbrella, and unify them to one. As you recall God did not want a one world system; he wanted nations to be separate and sovereign in all ways.

Many think modern Babylon is the Papacy. What we will discover is the papacy does not have the largest economy in the world. Nor does it have the largest seaports in the world. Further, it is not the place where the kings of the earth meet to make global changes and place embargos against nations. The papacy does not spread Hollywood filth around the world, setting the culture of the world. America hs done this for at least one century. The vatican or no other nation is called the lady of kingdoms nor are they youthful in age. America is. Though many estimate the papacy to be Babylon, these few items of importance exclude this religious body from being the politcal beast system we see in Revelation 17 and 18. Only one city and nation fits that discription we see in Revelation, that is New York City and America.
Here are just a few verses that demonstrate the United States of America is Babylon, Jeremiah 51:51, (Jeremiah 50:6),(Habakkuk 1:6), (Isaiah 13:19), (Isaiah 47:5), (Jeremiah 51:33), (Isaiah 47:1) , Revelation 18,17 etc.

Now, I understand that nature human instinct would be, this is preposterous. America, Babylonhttp://dailycrossesforums.com/forum/images/smilies/huh.gif (broken link) Give me a break. Consider for a moment that she is the financial capital of the world. New York City is considered the hub or capital of the world, by the entire world. Located in the center of NY's commerce in none other than the United Nations Security Council, a diplomatic arm or force used by corporate American interest to sway the nations to compliance; refusal to comply brings sanctions, trade embargos, and military invasions by allied nations belonging to the council, led by special interest. When looking at all the scriptural references given, consider that America is a perfect representation of what is recorded in scripture about Modern Day Babylon, The Mother of Harlots or the mother of the secular and corrupt establishments of Governments in History, in other words the worst case scenario of all corrupted governments..

This is not pessimism, it is a reality; face it. My thoughts are not destructive but factual; America and its false prophets have brought destruction to themselves; it is only a matter of time and she will suffer neuclear destruction. She will burn with missles fired from the north, Russia most likely. This will not occur until the end of the GT, so we do have some time still to figure out where to run

Last edited by Gideon7620; 11-09-2009 at 06:22 AM..

Old 11-09-2009, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Gideon said, understand this my friend, America has been destructive since its inception. There in nothing good about her besides the true Christians and Jewish herritage that belong to her. For such we are commanded to come out of her.

This is not pessimism, it is a reality; face it. My thoughts are not destructive but factual; America and its false prophets have brought destruction to themselves; it is only a matter of time and she will suffer neuclear destruction. She will be burn with missles fire from the north, Russia most likely. This will not occur until the end of the GT, so we do have some time still to figure out where to run
It is my opinion that you should be pushing your dark views of America and Americans in the political forums; you have no foundation for them in scripture, just your twisted personal HOPE that the USA is a modern day Babylon and has never done good. There are probably many people writing in the political forums who could set you on a straighter path about this great nation and its people and history. (To this day, many people all over the world would risk their lives to get to our country and partake of our unique constitutional freedoms and opportunities.)

Admittedly though, many Americans have forsaken God and turned to pride, secularism, and immorality.

Contrary to your fond hopes, there are many scriptures referring to the Americas as a "land of promise."

Word Search: land promise

Granted though, the promise is conditional on its inhabitants living as Christ taught us we should live. I think it's time for a great retrenchment, a humble and sincere turning of grassroots Americans to repentance, prayer, even fasting and asking for the help of the Lord in fighting and defeating those enemies who would dance in the streets and take great delight each time harm has been done to us, our children, and our freedoms.

It is my opinion that after spending much time on our knees, we must stand up and voice our intense desire to retain the precious and unique constitutional freedoms that for many generations made this the greatest and freest modern day nation in the world.

That's how I see it. Anyone else see it that way? Or have we all been lulled away into carnal 'security', forgotten where our freedoms came from, and become as Gideon says?

----

17 But behold, if the inhabitants of the earth shall repent of their wickedness and abominations they shall not be destroyed, saith the Lord of Hosts.

19 For the kingdom of the devil must shake, and they which belong to it must needs be stirred up unto repentance, or the devil will grasp them with his everlasting chains, and they be stirred up to anger, and perish;

20 For behold, at that day shall he rage in the hearts of the children of men, and stir them up to anger against that which is good.

21 And others will he pacify, and lull them away into carnal security, that they will say: All is well in Zion; yea, Zion prospereth, all is well—and thus the devil cheateth their souls, and leadeth them away carefully down to hell.

22 And behold, others he flattereth away, and telleth them there is no hell; and he saith unto them: I am no devil, for there is none—and thus he whispereth in their ears, until he grasps them with his awful chains, from whence there is no deliverance.

2 Nephi 28: 17,19-22

http://scriptures.lds.org/en/2_ne/28/17-22#17

Last edited by justamere10; 11-09-2009 at 07:08 AM..

Old 11-09-2009, 07:03 AM

Perhaps this will convince you a bit. Hey let's face it, America is the Harlot in Revelation

DARK SECRETS: INSIDE BOHEMIAN GROVE#

Old 11-09-2009, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Perhaps this will convince you a bit. Hey let's face it, America is the Harlot in Revelation
I believe that you and your fellow travelers are grossly in error. America is A LAND OF PROMISE!

But we must be faithful to God and the lifestyle teachings of Jesus Christ to retain our inspired constitutional freedoms and be a light to the world.

But we're straying from prayer and Christianity so I'm ok with moderators moving this to Religion and Philosophy if they see it that way too.

Old 11-09-2009, 07:16 AM

Quote:
I believe that you and your fellow travelers are grossly in error. America is a LAND OF PROMISE!

But we must be faithful to God and the lifestyle teachings of Jesus Christ to retain our inspired constitutional freedoms and be a light to the world.
Gideon said, let me speculate as you have, if she is the harlot, where does this place you? Personally, I think we should be praying that God's people come out of her for her sins have reached unto heaven. We even have the highest crime rates in the world.

Old 11-09-2009, 07:17 AM

5,553 posts, read 8,002,075 times
Quote:
The choice is up to US! If good people in America will turn to Him and do their best to keep His commandments and love one another, He will fight our battles for us and America will be delivered from the dark forces that seek to overthrow her and force her inhabitants into slavery and misery.

I find the bolded section quite interesting as a black person, I wonder how come this god did not fight our battles and deliver us in a timely manner from Americans who forced my people into slavery and misery? Also, it is interesting that it was during these dark times for enslaved Africans and their descendants that America and Europe were seeing the "blessings" of the lord.

So let me get this straight. If Americans turn to god, they can avoid what "god fearing" Americans did to other people?

Last edited by InsaneInDaMembrane; 11-09-2009 at 07:31 AM..

Old 11-09-2009, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Gideon said, let me speculate as you have, if she is the harlot, where does this place you? Personally, I think we should be praying that God's people come out of her for her sins have reached unto heaven. We even have the highest crime rates in the world.
You keep using that phrase "come out of her". Are you suggesting that 300,000,000 people abandon this nation to others and migrate from the USA to some other geographic location? Or perhaps abandon their sins? Or maybe something else? Please explain what you are trying to convey with that phrase, thanks.

Old 11-09-2009, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
I find the bolded section quite interesting as a black person, I wonder how come this god did not fight our battles and delivered us in a timely manner from Americans who forced my people into slavery and misery? Also, it is interesting that it was during these dark times for enslaved Africans and their descendants that America and Europe were seeing the "blessings" of the lord. So let me get this straight. If Americans turn to god, they can avoid what "god fearing" Americans did to other people?
With respect, I understand that some people see themselves as victims and thus entitled to special privileges because of experiences their ancestors had generations ago. That's certainly a valid topic for discussion, but please, not in this particular thread, thanks.

But having said that, it is my belief that God cares about and loves ALL of His children and that He does respond to sincere humble prayer and always has. But He sees things from an eternal perspective. The challenges we experience in this brief mortal life may better position us for growth and learning in the eternities as we continue our growing up experience and become more (or less, depending on our choices) like He is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity