U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 04:58 PM

37,553 posts, read 25,268,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
If you love God, then you know He hates sin. He absolutely abhors it. He proved it when he cast Adam & Eve out of the Garden over one willful sin. He proved it when He turned His back on the rebellious house of Israel.
God hates NOTHING . . . it is a human emotion reflecting our weakness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2009, 05:21 PM

5,261 posts, read 6,239,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
If you love God, then you know He hates sin. He absolutely abhors it. He proved it when he cast Adam & Eve out of the Garden over one willful sin. He proved it when He turned His back on the rebellious house of Israel. Therefore, since you have studied His word to know this fact, you will yield to Jesus so He can purge all sin out of you. Jesus spilled His precious divine blood on the cross to deliver you from that which cannot stand before God, sin; not to simply cover sin up, but to deliver you from committing willful sin anymore. Your love for God will move you into obedience, not sin.

Jesus loved us so much that He willingly poured out His divine blood so that we can be made completely over; this is not simply turning over a new leaf, but made completely new into God's holy image. You must born of the water of the word and of His Spirit; a new creature in Christ Jesus.
Amen scgraham...Bless you brother.

Old 10-21-2009, 05:32 PM

1,895 posts, read 4,043,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
I guess you're in the same boat as Verna. LOVE...pure LOVE is following the commandements. When we "WALK IN PERFECT LOVE" are not all of the commandements fulfilled? I love God with all my heart, soul and mind and I love my neighbor as myself...is this not the fulfillment of the commandements?

Following commandments/rules doesn't mean anything to God if our HEART is not right. Following rules is exactly what Jesus freed us from...they couldn't do it and neither can we. Like I said earlier...I can follow all the rules to the letter and obey them perfectly but if I have NO LOVE IN MY HEART FOR OTHERS....that is just filthy rags to God and means nothing. We are commanded to LOVE others the way God LOVES us...if we are not doing this, then we are NOT following His commandments. We are not walking in "THE WAY" Jesus showed us to.
Exactly, the Bible says that no matter what we do, if it isn't done IN LOVE, then IT MEANS NOTHING. Nothing at all.

Old 10-21-2009, 06:07 PM

30,239 posts, read 20,001,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
No, it's not.

Old 10-21-2009, 08:30 PM

7,788 posts, read 10,453,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
The rest of you? Rotten to the core.
No, I'm not.

Old 10-21-2009, 09:08 PM

740 posts, read 1,800,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
God hates NOTHING . . . it is a human emotion reflecting our weakness.

MysticPhD. You are wrong. If you go to studylight.org, and type in God hates into the search line you will find out that there are instances in the bible where God does hate things...

Proverbs 6:12-19
12 A worthless person, a wicked man, Walks with a perverse mouth; 13 He winks with his eyes, He shuffles his feet, He points with his fingers; 14 Perversity is in his heart, He devises evil continually, He sows discord. 15 Therefore his calamity shall come suddenly; Suddenly he shall be broken without remedy. 16 These six things the LORD hates, Yes, seven are an abomination to Him: 17 A proud look, A lying tongue, Hands that shed innocent blood, 18 A heart that devises wicked plans, Feet that are swift in running to evil, 19 A false witness who speaks lies, And one who sows discord among brethren.

Old 10-21-2009, 09:11 PM

740 posts, read 1,800,339 times
One of the six things the LORD hates......Hands that shed innocent blood.....

Old 10-21-2009, 10:31 PM

5,261 posts, read 6,239,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibcwife View Post
One of the six things the LORD hates......Hands that shed innocent blood.....
Thank God for you and the truth you share. God Bless you.

Old 10-22-2009, 04:03 AM

723 posts, read 858,976 times
I don't understand it when people say "love is the fulfillment of the commandments". Well..... I understand it. I just don't understand their interperatation of it. For one to say "If you follow all of the laws, and are obedient to the laws without love then it means nothing" is a contradiction in itself. Because they go together. If you do not love God or your neighbor, then the possibility of obedience to the commandments is impossible!! And to say the two commandments that Jesus spoke of has nothing to do with the OT laws (10 commandments) to me is just not true. I do not think that Verna was trying to say that only a few selected commandments were behind the meaning of the two. I believe she meant.....Correct me if I'm wrong Verna....... that God made two tablets of stone!!! In kind of the same way that Jesus, made the two commandments!! God does not make mistakes nor are there coincidences in his word!!!

And the first great commandment:

Matthew 22:

36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law?

37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

38 This is the first and great commandment.

And the first great tablet of stone:

ONE: 'You shall have no other gods before Me.'

TWO: 'You shall not make for yourself a carved image--any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.'

THREE: 'You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain.'

FOUR: 'Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.'

The second great commandment:

39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

The second great tablet:

FIVE: 'Honor your father and your mother.'

SIX: 'You shall not murder.'

SEVEN: 'You shall not commit adultery.

EIGHT: 'You shall not steal.'

NINE: 'You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.'

TEN: 'You shall not covet your neighbor's house; you shall not covet your neighbor's wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor's.'

AMAZING!!! They actually fit together. Who would have thought??

40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

I believe that I could literally hang the 10 commandments (two stones) under these two commandments!! Who has heard the saying "Practice what you preach"??? Why would Jesus practice the obedience of the 10 commandments??? And then preach that we need not follow them??? It doesn't make sense!! I'm with Verna on this one ladies and gentleman!!

GOD BLESS!!!
ALMOST2L8

Last edited by ALMOST2L8; 10-22-2009 at 04:12 AM..

Old 10-22-2009, 04:37 AM

30,239 posts, read 20,001,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibcwife View Post

Proverbs 6:12-19
12 A worthless person, a wicked man, Walks with a perverse mouth; 13 He winks with his eyes, He shuffles his feet, He points with his fingers; 14 Perversity is in his heart, He devises evil continually, He sows discord. 15 Therefore his calamity shall come suddenly; Suddenly he shall be broken without remedy. 16 These six things the LORD hates, Yes, seven are an abomination to Him: 17 A proud look, A lying tongue, Hands that shed innocent blood, 18 A heart that devises wicked plans, Feet that are swift in running to evil, 19 A false witness who speaks lies, And one who sows discord among brethren.
The good news of the gospel is that God loved the world in that condition

Romans 5

6You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly. 7Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous man, though for a good man someone might possibly dare to die. 8But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity