U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-22-2009, 11:01 AM
 
Location: Seattle, Washington
8,435 posts, read 8,398,344 times
Reputation: 1690

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMOST2L8 View Post
This should clear up any ignorance concerning the book of the law!!!

YouTube - WHAT LAW WAS NAILED TO THE CROSS????? PT.1

YouTube - WHAT LAW WAS NAILED TO THE CROSS????? PT.2

If this doesn't explain it, then you were not paying attention!!!


GOD BLESS!!!
ALMOST2L8
Ignorance is bliss...
Romans 1:1-4 You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge the other, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things. Now we know that Godís judgment against those who do such things is based on truth. So when you, a mere man, pass judgment on them and yet do the same things, do you think you will escape Godís judgment? Or do you show contempt for the riches of his kindness, tolerance and patience, not realizing that Godís kindness leads you toward repentance?

It is sad to see the LAW used to condemn others..

Perhaps a surgeon can help you with the plank in your eye?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-22-2009, 11:18 AM
 
Location: Prattville, Alabama
4,883 posts, read 5,122,928 times
Reputation: 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
Dear ALMOST2L8...I "ALMOST" fell off my seat when I read this post!!! You are EXACTLY correct! Thank God for your insight!

You know, in answer to the blue bolded part of your post...

...I have to say this...

...I have been judged so wrongly by these people, in that I have no love in my heart for others. NOTHING could be farther from the truth! Constantly, I read these same people posting over and over again that I follow the ten commandments for my salvation, and I have clarified over and over again...time and time again, that I do not follow the ten commandments thinking that this is going to save me...I'M ALREADY SAVED...BEFORE I began keeping the ten commandments, (which includes the Sabbath, which IS one of the commandments)...BY THE GRACE OF GOD, THROUGH FAITH I'M SAVED!...

... and hear this...I LOVE EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU!!! No matter how you have attacked me and said some of the most hurtful things to me...I still love you...and nothing you can do or say will EVER change that!

I KEEP THE TEN COMMANDMENTS BECAUSE I LOVE GOD...AND THIS IS MY WAY OF SHOWING HIM THAT I DO!

Your angry words and hostile attitudes towards me...and your accusations of my heart not filled with the love of God...are all your assumptions!...how can any of you say that I don't do what I do BECAUSE of the love that IS in my heart? Talk about judging someone! You ALL have, over and over again been guilty of the very thing you have so wrongly accused me of... being hateful...judgemental...self-righteous...a biggot...accusatory...and everything else negative I can think of. You all are WRONG about me! I am FULL of love...OVERFLOWING with it...for you!...especially for you! PLEASE!! Stop judging me! Please. You...none of you...know what is in my heart, obviously...your assumptions prove what you have no clue of!...your words prove what IS in your own heart...the very things you accuse my heart of being full of.

Thank you ALMOST2L8...God Bless you...
ROFL...Oh Yeah...we can tell Verna. Let's be honest here, shall we....you love only those who believe exactly as you do and fit into your neat little box of who you think God is. You are not open to anything other than what you believe is truth and your judgmental, self-righteous biggotry shows in every post you make.

Have you ever looked in the mirror Verna and asked yourself...why so many people feel this way about you? A little self-examination goes a long way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-22-2009, 11:27 AM
 
Location: Rapid City, SD
723 posts, read 859,348 times
Reputation: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Ignorance is bliss...
Romans 1:1-4 You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge the other, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things. Now we know that Godís judgment against those who do such things is based on truth. So when you, a mere man, pass judgment on them and yet do the same things, do you think you will escape Godís judgment? Or do you show contempt for the riches of his kindness, tolerance and patience, not realizing that Godís kindness leads you toward repentance?

It is sad to see the LAW used to condemn others..

Perhaps a surgeon can help you with the plank in your eye?
I have not judged anyone, that is not my job. You talk of planks in my eye so you must be Jesus Christ the judge. I have never told anyone on this site or off of it that they are condemned. Only God knows the hearts of men!!
The videos I offered condemn no one!!! They simply explain what law was abolished when Jesus died on the cross. Obviously you didn't watch them!!!!


GOD BLESS!!!
ALMOST2L8
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-22-2009, 11:34 AM
 
Location: Prattville, Alabama
4,883 posts, read 5,122,928 times
Reputation: 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMOST2L8 View Post
I have not judged anyone, that is not my job. You talk of planks in my eye so you must be Jesus Christ the judge. I have never told anyone on this site or off of it that they are condemned. Only God knows the hearts of men!!
The videos I offered condemn no one!!! They simply explain what law was abolished when Jesus died on the cross. Obviously you didn't watch them!!!!


GOD BLESS!!!
ALMOST2L8

Mt 5:17 Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill.

Did you miss that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-22-2009, 11:35 AM
 
Location: Rapid City, SD
723 posts, read 859,348 times
Reputation: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
ROFL...Oh Yeah...we can tell Verna. Let's be honest here, shall we....you love only those who believe exactly as you do and fit into your neat little box of who you think God is. You are not open to anything other than what you believe is truth and your judgmental, self-righteous biggotry shows in every post you make.

Have you ever looked in the mirror Verna and asked yourself...why so many people feel this way about you? A little self-examination goes a long way.
This post is itself judgemental and rude!! How could YOU possibly tell someone else what is truly in their hearts. I too have gotten into heated debates and then told the person that I loved them and truly wished them blessings. From the bottom of my heart. Yet, because we disagree in our beliefs they call me a liar and say that I don't wish that God blesses them. I do not judge others. I only tell them my version of the truth. And then they feel how they will.


GOD BLESS!!!
ALMOST2L8
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-22-2009, 11:40 AM
 
Location: Seattle, Washington
8,435 posts, read 8,398,344 times
Reputation: 1690
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMOST2L8 View Post
I have not judged anyone, that is not my job. You talk of planks in my eye so you must be Jesus Christ the judge. I have never told anyone on this site or off of it that they are condemned. Only God knows the hearts of men!!
The videos I offered condemn no one!!! They simply explain what law was abolished when Jesus died on the cross. Obviously you didn't watch them!!!!


GOD BLESS!!!
ALMOST2L8
I watched the first one for about 30 seconds... that is how much time it takes to figure out that 16 minutes of some guy screaming is not going to be informative... if I wanted that I could just run over to the church down the block and have my fill.

If you keep the law to yourself you condemn no one.. if you point out that "our entire relationship with God is based upon obedience" you imply that those who are not in complete obedience have no relationship with God.

Jesus got angry, he threw things.. he worked on the sabbath.. so if the sabbath commandment is reinterpreted by Christians.. who is to say I can't reinterpret things of my choosing?

You pick and choose what "laws" apply and which don't...
don't you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-22-2009, 11:40 AM
 
Location: Rapid City, SD
723 posts, read 859,348 times
Reputation: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Mt 5:17 Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill.

Did you miss that?
Then what is your reasoning that we no longer follow the ten commandments??? Or the reasoning that we don't present burnt offerings to God??? You guys were the ones laughing about us commandment followers saying we would just leave those out!!! Well the videos explain it!!! So if you did not watch them then you don't understand what I am even talking about!!!!


GOD BLESS!!!
ALMOST2L8
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-22-2009, 11:46 AM
 
Location: Prattville, Alabama
4,883 posts, read 5,122,928 times
Reputation: 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMOST2L8 View Post
This post is itself judgemental and rude!! How could YOU possibly tell someone else what is truly in their hearts. I too have gotten into heated debates and then told the person that I loved them and truly wished them blessings. From the bottom of my heart. Yet, because we disagree in our beliefs they call me a liar and say that I don't wish that God blesses them. I do not judge others. I only tell them my version of the truth. And then they feel how they will.


GOD BLESS!!!
ALMOST2L8
It may very well be, but you know what....maybe it will serve to open up the eyes of the one whom I responded to...and then again maybe it won't. You obviously are not aware of what's conspired and have no basis for your argument so I will leave it at that.

Have a Blessed Day!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-22-2009, 11:48 AM
 
Location: Rapid City, SD
723 posts, read 859,348 times
Reputation: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
It may very well be, but you know what....maybe it will serve to open up the eyes of the one whom I responded to...and then again maybe it won't. You obviously are not aware of what's conspired and have no basis for your argument so I will leave it at that.

Have a Blessed Day!

Sounds like a plan!!!


A Blessed day to yourself as well!!!
ALMOST2L8
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-22-2009, 12:04 PM
 
303 posts, read 486,473 times
Reputation: 58
LAW & GRACE

John 1:17
For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.

Galatians 3:10
All who rely on observing the law are under a curse, for it is written: “Cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the Book of the Law.”

Hebrews 7:18-19
The former regulation is set aside because it was weak and useless (for the law made nothing perfect), and a better hope is introduced, by which we draw near to God.

Hebrews 8:13
By calling this covenant “new,” He has made the first one obsolete;and what is obsolete and aging will soon disappear.

Hebrews 7:20-22
And it was not without an oath! Others became priests without any oath, but He became a priest with an oath when God said to Him: “The Lord has sworn and will not change His mind: `You are a priest forever.’” Because of this oath, Jesus has become the guarantee of a better covenant.

Hebrews 10:1-4
The law is only a shadow of the good things that are coming–not the realities themselves. For this reason it can never, by the same sacrifices repeated endlessly year after year, make perfect those who draw near to worship. If it could, would they not have stopped being offered? For the worshipers would have been cleansed once for all, and would no longer have felt guilty for their sins. But those sacrifices are an annual reminder of sins, because it is impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins.

Romans 3:19-20
Now we know that whatever the law says, it says to those who are under the law, so that every mouth may be silenced and the whole world held accountable to God. Therefore no one will be declared righteous in His sight by observing the law; rather, through the law we become conscious of sin.

The purpose of the law is to make us conscious of sin.

1 Timothy 1:8-10
We know that the law is good if one uses it properly. We also know that law is made not for the righteous but for lawbreakers and rebels, the ungodly and sinful, the unholy and irreligious; for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers, for adulterers and perverts, for slave traders and liars and perjurers–and for whatever else is contrary to the sound doctrine.

The purpose of the law is to show our need for salvation.

Galatians 3:19-24
What, then, was the purpose of the law? It was added because of transgressions until the Seed to whom the promise referred had come. The law was put into effect through angels by a mediator. A mediator, however, does not represent just one party; but God is one. Is the law, therefore, opposed to the promises of God? Absolutely not! For if a law had been given that could impart life, then righteousness would certainly have come by the law. But the Scripture declares that the whole world is a prisoner of sin, so that what was promised, being given through faith in Jesus Christ, might be given to those who believe. Before this faith came, we were held prisoners by the law, locked up until faith should be revealed. So the law was put in charge to lead us to Christ that we might be justified by faith.

The law cannot make you righteous, justify you, or give you life.

Galatians 2:16 & 21
Know that a man is not justified by observing the law, but by faith in Jesus Christ. So we, too, have put our faith in Christ Jesus that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not by observing the law, because by observing the law no one will be justified.
I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness could be gained through the law, Christ died for nothing!

Galatians 3:11
Clearly no one is justified before God by the law, because, “The righteous will live by faith.”

The law can only bring death.

Romans 7:10
I found that the very commandment that was intended to bring life actually brought death.

Galatians 3:21
Is the law, therefore, opposed to the promises of God? Absolutely not! For if a law had been given that could impart life, then righteousness would certainly have come by the law.

Knowone has ever kept the whole law except Christ, He kept the law perfectly for us

James 2:10
For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it.

Matthew 5:48
Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

Hebrews 10:14
Because by one sacrifice He has made perfect forever those who are being made holy.

Christ fulfilled the law.

The purpose of the law is to stir up sin.

1 Corinthians 15:56
The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law.

Romans 7:5, 7-8
For when we were controlled by the flesh, the sinful passions aroused by the law were at work in our bodies, so that we bore fruit for death.
What shall we say, then? Is the law sin? Certainly not! Indeed I would not have known what sin was except through the law. For I would not have known what coveting really was if the law had not said, “Do not covet.” But sin, seizing the opportunity afforded by the commandment, produced in me every kind of covetous desire. For apart from law, sin is dead.

Colossians 2:20-23
Since you died with Christ to the basic principles of this world, why, as though you still belonged to it, do you submit to its rules: “Do not handle! Do not taste! Do not touch!”? 
These are all destined to perish with use, because they are based on human commands and teachings. Such regulations indeed have an appearance of wisdom, with their self-imposed worship, their false humility and their harsh treatment of the body, but they lack any value in restraining sensual indulgence.

Romans 9:30-32
What then shall we say? That the Gentiles, who did not pursue righteousness, have obtained it, a righteousness that is by faith; 
but Israel, who pursued a law of righteousness, has not attained it. Why not? Because they pursued it not by faith but as if it were by works. ( the law ) They stumbled over the “stumbling stone.”

Galatians 3:10
All who rely on observing the law are under a curse, for it is written: “Cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the Book of the Law.”

The law includes the Ten Commandments.

2 Corinthians 3:7-9
Now if the ministry that brought death, which was engraved in letters on stone, came with glory, so that the Israelites could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of its glory, fading though it was, will not the ministry of the Spirit be even more glorious? If the ministry that condemns men is glorious, how much more glorious is the ministry that brings righteousness!

Hebrews 10:1
The law is only a shadow of the good things that are coming–not the realities themselves. For this reason it can never, by the same sacrifices repeated endlessly year after year, make perfect those who draw near to worship.


Matthew 5:17-18
Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.

Romans 10:4
Christ is the end of the law so that there may be righteousness for everyone who believes.

Galatians 3:13-14
Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: “Cursed is everyone who is hung on a tree.” He redeemed us in order that the blessing given to Abraham might come to the Gentiles through Christ Jesus, so that by faith we might receive the promise of the Spirit.

Galatians 4
But when the time had fully come, God sent his Son, born of a woman, born under law, to redeem those under law, that we might receive the full rights of sons.

Hebrews 9:15
For this reason Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance–now that He has died as a ransom to set them free from the sins committed under the first covenant.

Romans 8:3-4
For what the law was powerless to do in that it was weakened by the sinful nature, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful man to be a sin offering. And so He condemned sin in sinful man, in order that the righteous requirements of the law might be fully met in us, who do not live according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.

The purpose of the law is to lead us to Christ.

Galatians 3:24-25
So the law was put in charge to lead us to Christ that we might be justified by faith. Now that faith has come, we are no longer under the supervision of the law.

Romans 6:14
For sin shall not be your master, because you are not under law, but under grace.

1 Corinthians 15:56
The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law.


Romans 7:1-6
Do you not know, brothers–for I am speaking to men who know the law–that the law has authority over a man only as long as he lives? For example, by law a married woman is bound to her husband as long as he is alive, but if her husband dies, she is released from the law of marriage. So then, if she marries another man while her husband is still alive, she is called an adulteress. But if her husband dies, she is released from that law and is not an adulteress, even though she marries another man. So, my brothers, you also died to the law through the body of Christ, that you might belong to another, to Him who was raised from the dead, in order that we might bear fruit to God. For when we were controlled by the sinful nature, the sinful passions aroused by the law were at work in our bodies, so that we bore fruit for death. But now, by dying to what once bound us, we have been released from the law so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit, and not in the old way of the written code.

Romans 8:14
Because those who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God.

Romans 11:6
And if by grace, then it is no longer by works; if it were, grace would no longer be grace.

Galatians 3:1-3
You foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you? Before your very eyes Jesus Christ was clearly portrayed as crucified. I would like to learn just one thing from you: Did you receive the Spirit by observing the law, or by believing what you heard? Are you so foolish? After beginning with the Spirit, are you now trying to attain your goal by human effort?

Galatians 1:6-8
I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you by the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel–which is really no gospel at all. Evidently some people are throwing you into confusion and are trying to pervert the gospel of Christ. But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let him be eternally condemned!

Titus 2:11-14
For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men. It teaches us to say “No” to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age, while we wait for the blessed hope–the glorious appearing of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, who gave Himself for us to redeem us from all wickedness and to purify for Himself a people that are His very own, eager to do what is good.

Romans 8:14
Because those who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God.

Galatians 5:18
But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under law.

Galatians 2:19
For through the law I died to the law so that I might live for God.

Galatians 5:1
It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.

Ephesians 2:8-9
For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith–and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God– not by works, so that no one can boast.

Galatians 3:11
Clearly no one is justified before God by the law, because, “The righteous will live by faith.”

Last edited by caucazhin; 10-22-2009 at 12:25 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top