U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 10-20-2009, 11:00 PM
 
Location: Tennessee/Michigan
28,008 posts, read 46,503,961 times
Reputation: 19433

Advertisements

SARGODHA, PAKISTAN (Worthy News)-- Fighters linked to the militant Taliban group have threatened to kill Christians and burn their homes in Pakistan's Punjab province if they don't meet their demands.

In a letter sent to the Christian community in the northeastern city of Sargodha, Taliban militants said Christians should convert to Islam, pay an Islamic tax imposed on religious minorities, known as 'Jizya tax', or leave the country.

Worthy Christian News » BREAKING NEWS: Taliban Threatens To Kill More Christians
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-21-2009, 09:01 AM
 
4,083 posts, read 4,309,551 times
Reputation: 806
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
SARGODHA, PAKISTAN (Worthy News)-- Fighters linked to the militant Taliban group have threatened to kill Christians and burn their homes in Pakistan's Punjab province if they don't meet their demands.

In a letter sent to the Christian community in the northeastern city of Sargodha, Taliban militants said Christians should convert to Islam, pay an Islamic tax imposed on religious minorities, known as 'Jizya tax', or leave the country.


Worthy Christian News » BREAKING NEWS: Taliban Threatens To Kill More Christians

The taliban have a whole list of folks they want to kill and its not just xians.

Christians

those who they deem to not be following their brand of Islam

women & girls who they deem to be to modern and educated

anyone aligned to the west

Jews

There is a list here and there are more I'm sure. They need to be defeated or the world as we know it will be gone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-21-2009, 05:11 PM
 
16,301 posts, read 24,312,676 times
Reputation: 8267
Guess I should wear my Proud Atheist T-shirts more often. Only then the Islamic and the Fundie's both want to kill me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-21-2009, 05:21 PM
 
5,925 posts, read 5,698,389 times
Reputation: 639
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Guess I should wear my Proud Atheist T-shirts more often. Only then the Islamic and the Fundie's both want to kill me.

Well, the modern fundies are cowards, back in the days of the crusades, they took care of business.

Now they just sic God on ya and will laugh at you when you get whats coming to ya.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-21-2009, 05:31 PM
 
16,301 posts, read 24,312,676 times
Reputation: 8267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Well, the modern fundies are cowards, back in the days of the crusades, they took care of business.

Now they just sic God on ya and will laugh at you when you get whats coming to ya.
OH! and 'what is coming to me'

I recognize they believe they have a jealous and vindictive deity, but what they imagine really doesn't bother me, as it is just 'imaginary'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top