U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2009, 04:43 AM

26,325 posts, read 13,962,188 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
...Oh no!......you mean there is another Verna Perry in this world...? LOL! No, I am from the beautiful, sunny state of Florida...born in Tampa, on McDill Air Force Base...my dad was in the Air Force in the war....my grandpa was in the Army...I love our Soldiers, and support them in every way I can. My great, great, great, great, great uncle is John Quincey Adams...I have "warrior" blood in my veins!...

Maybe she heard of me from someone who lives in Jersey that posts on CD!...
Her name is Alola Young, she is 93 now...
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2009, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Neither have i seen anyone address the lie that "God chooses who He wishes for Salvation" yet.
Read Romans.......

Old 11-21-2009, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Does John 3 verse 16 mean For God so loved the world ? or For God so loved the Jews ?.

There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus . Galatians 3 verse 28

For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us; Ephesians 2 verse 14
If He Chose a people to Himself thru Abraham in the OT, Wouldn't it make sense that He would do the same in the NT???

Old 11-21-2009, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
1Ti 2:4
Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

2Pe 3:9
The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

1Ti 4:10
For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Col 1:16
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.
And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.
For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;
And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.

2Cr 5:19
To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

Rom 11:15
For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead?

Eph 1:10
That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:

Phl 2:10-11
That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Rom 14:11
For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.

Psa 67:4
O let the nations be glad and sing for joy: for thou shalt judge the people righteously, and govern the nations upon earth. Selah.

Psa 66:4
All the earth shall worship thee, and shall sing unto thee; they shall sing to thy name. Selah.

Psa 22:27
All the ends of the world shall remember and turn unto the LORD: and all the kindreds of the nations shall worship before thee.

Isa 26:9
With my soul have I desired thee in the night; yea, with my spirit within me will I seek thee early: for when thy judgments are in the earth, the inhabitants of the world will learn righteousness.

Act 24:15
And have hope toward God, which they themselves also allow, that there shall be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and unjust.

Jhn 6:44
No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Jhn 12:32
And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.

1Cr 15:21-22
For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead. For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive

The truth is Calvinists are wrong about the fact that God will have all me to be saved, and Arminians are wrong about the election and predstination of souls. Also the problem with calvinism is understand what it means to be called or chosen.

Put together Arminiansim and Calvinism and you come to the truth of things ... That the many/all are called to salvation, but only a few are chosen to rule with Christ and have life pertaining to the ages.

Also the Arminians have it wrong that faith is a work of man, Calvinists have it right faith is a gift of God by election alone. But Calvinists and Arminians are wrong about the fact that you dont have to believe in Christ before you die to be saved. The problem both groups have is understanding the remedial chastising of the fiery judgments of God which are for the purpose of purification and sanctification of them that are so judged ...

1 Cor 3:13-15
Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is. If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

To bad so few Christians are willing or able to come to a knowledge of this truth. Nevertheless, Gods will be done ...

Amen and Selah ...
He is talking to those that are Christians, not un-believers....

Old 11-21-2009, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigetmax24 View Post
Agreed, God does not lie.

You intimate that Peter's use of "any" and "all" is directed at Christians?

If your answer is in the affirm, how can this passage make any sense?
The pivital point is that thru scripture God always saves a remnant from each generation, Christ came to save the lost sheep of Israel, the Elect, The Chosen.......One cannot ignore the use of these words just because they think it is not fair (in man sense of fairness, everybody gets a Gold Star, even if you are the dumbest kid in class).....And it also speaks of the fullness of the Gentiles...this would imply that not every Gentile will be saved, but a number of them.....One has to remember that God did not foresake His people, the Jews....Christ came for them...they are the Tree that Gentiles are grafted in.......Messianic Jews still observe the Jewish way, but, know it is not the way to Salvation, they recognize Christ as the Messiah......Fact is, Gentiles are just ADOPTED children.....

Old 11-21-2009, 06:07 AM

30,264 posts, read 20,012,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
If He Chose a people to Himself thru Abraham in the OT, Wouldn't it make sense that He would do the same in the NT???
Just because you are not chosen does not mean you are not saved .

The Old testament priests (The tribe of Levi) were chosen does that mean the rest of Israel was not God's people.

The fact of the matter is God so loved the world and desires all to be saved and accomplishes is desires . John 3 : 16 .1 Tim 4 :10,Isaiah 55 :11.

You know what Richard quit with the i'm special thing , the only way you will become special in God's eyes is when you see everyone is special in God's eyes.

Old 11-21-2009, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
I Disagree ... What if God chooses to have mercy on all men not just believers? And what if he chooses to have mercy on a few now, and later on the many? What if, as i believe to be true, "us-ward" means all men in the dispensation of the fullness of times, but only believers now in the ages? This can also be true according to what you have posted. Its just looking at it from another perspective which is also based on further exegesis of scripture, such as 1 Tim 4:10 ... And there are countless scriptures which state that God is in fact going to save all men, and reconcile all things to himself through Christ, so that all kindred of all nations and all things in the heavens and in the earth will be brought back into harmony with God. The only scriptures that seem to contradict these understandings outright are the ones that have been mistranslated from the original texts wherein the Greek words aion and its adjective forms aionios and aionion and the Hebrew word olam are concerned ... Once the true understanding of what those words in fact mean is discerned, then all the sudden the concept of eternal damnation practically ceases to exist in light of the prevailing doctrine of universal reconciliation found throughout the texts of the bible in both old and new testaments alike.

Understanding this it becomes obvious the reason why the vast majority of Christians in the first five centuries AD believe in the doctrine of Universal reconciliation, or apocatastasis as it was known then by the native Greek speaking eastern churches and theological seminaries. Also it is no wonder why the capital of the pagan world of the time(Carthage/Rome) and the theological school that existed therein believed in eternal torture, because of the fact that they were not native Greek speaking peoples but where in fact native Latin speaking peoples of the west.

Amen and Selah ...
If Christ said Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven in this world or the next, then what of those that blasphemed the Holy Spirit? If they are not forgiven in the next world, then logic dictates they have to go somewhere else.....just because every knee shall bow and every tongue confess does not mean that everyone will submit willingly...Just look at how Muhammed propegated Islam....he had men on horses go out and proclaim Islam at the point of a sword it was either worship Islam, pay tribute or die.......if you were poor and could not afford to pay tribute, which of the other two choices would you choose? People worshipped Islam against there will.....

Old 11-21-2009, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigetmax24 View Post
According to you, Peter states that God wills all (of the converted) to come to repentance (conversion).

Do you see anything nonsensical about this? Why would a converted person need to be converted?

Also, you failed to answer my question: Do you believe it's possible for the converted to become reprobate?
Conversion and repentance are not the same......One is converted to a belief...One repents from Sin...Sin is simply disobeidience to God...

Old 11-21-2009, 06:34 AM

30,264 posts, read 20,012,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Read Romans.......
I have read Romans and never seen it .

Point me to a scripture that saves He chose a certain few for Salvation , you cannot do it because it's not there , the best you could possibly do is find scriptures that say some are chosen .

When it says for example "We are a chosen people a Royal priesthood" does not say there are a few saved for salvation , it's saying that is what we are .

Old 11-21-2009, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Not one single scripture you have quoted says "God chooses who he WISHES for salvation".

My hat survives another day !!!!!!!!!!!

Here's just a couple of scriptures that says that He desires and chose all for salvation.

John 3 : 16 For God so loved the world

John 12 : 32 But I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all men to myself."

1 Tim 4 : 9.10 This is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance 10(and for this we labor and strive), that we have put our hope in the living God, who is the Savior of all men, and especially of those who believe.

It is utterely amazing how many people on this forum are laboring and striving to repel and resist the trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance (1 Tim 4 9,10) , and you need to be ashamed of yourself for doing so.Infact i will go as far to say you are enemies of the gospel for doing so .

Basically what you are saying is "though God wants all to be saved i cannot accept it". Why do you always resist the Holy Ghost ? ( the reasons why is obvious)
The only way to reconcile the contradictory scriptures is to understand the implication of Temporal and Eternal......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity