U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 11-29-2009, 01:20 PM
 
Location: East Coast
30,224 posts, read 19,996,777 times
Reputation: 2108

Advertisements

5For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, 6who gave himself as a ransom for all men 1 Tim 2 : 5

9This is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance (How come Calvinists and fundamentalists can't fully accept it) 10(and for this we labor and strive), that we have put our hope in the living God, who is the Savior of all men, and especially of those who believe. 1 Tim 4 : 9,10

And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me. John 12 : 32

And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for our's only, but also for the sins of the whole world.1 John : 2

Oh wait , i forgot All doesn't mean All and Whole doesn't mean Whole and world doesn't mean world it means chosen or Calvinist or what you want to put in there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-29-2009, 01:23 PM
 
Location: US
26,288 posts, read 13,944,968 times
Reputation: 1596
God's grace ,love and mercy was limited to the Jews in the OT, they were the ones He chose, why would He change His way of doing things? Christ was God in the flesh, so He is the same person....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-29-2009, 01:26 PM
 
Location: East Coast
30,224 posts, read 19,996,777 times
Reputation: 2108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
God's grace ,love and mercy was limited to the Jews in the OT, they were the ones He chose, why would He change His way of doing things? Christ was God in the flesh, so He is the same person....
No it wasn't God is love , how can he be love and limit it
1 Oh, give thanks to the LORD, for He is good!
For His mercy endures forever.
2 Oh, give thanks to the God of gods!
For His mercy endures forever.
3 Oh, give thanks to the Lord of lords!
For His mercy endures forever:

4 To Him who alone does great wonders,
For His mercy endures forever;
5 To Him who by wisdom made the heavens,
For His mercy endures forever;
6 To Him who laid out the earth above the waters,
For His mercy endures forever;
7 To Him who made great lights,
For His mercy endures forever—
8 The sun to rule by day,
For His mercy endures forever;
9 The moon and stars to rule by night,
For His mercy endures forever.

10 To Him who struck Egypt in their firstborn,
For His mercy endures forever;
11 And brought out Israel from among them,
For His mercy endures forever;
12 With a strong hand, and with an outstretched arm,
For His mercy endures forever;
13 To Him who divided the Red Sea in two,
For His mercy endures forever;
14 And made Israel pass through the midst of it,
For His mercy endures forever;
15 But overthrew Pharaoh and his army in the Red Sea,
For His mercy endures forever;
16 To Him who led His people through the wilderness,
For His mercy endures forever;
17 To Him who struck down great kings,
For His mercy endures forever;
18 And slew famous kings,
For His mercy endures forever—
19 Sihon king of the Amorites,
For His mercy endures forever;
20 And Og king of Bashan,
For His mercy endures forever—
21 And gave their land as a heritage,
For His mercy endures forever;
22 A heritage to Israel His servant,
For His mercy endures forever.

23 Who remembered us in our lowly state,
For His mercy endures forever;
24 And rescued us from our enemies,
For His mercy endures forever;
25 Who gives food to all flesh,
For His mercy endures forever.

26 Oh, give thanks to the God of heaven!
For His mercy endures forever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-29-2009, 01:28 PM
 
Location: East Coast
30,224 posts, read 19,996,777 times
Reputation: 2108
David said to Gad, "I am in deep distress. Let me fall into the hands of the LORD, for his mercy is very great; but do not let me fall into the hands of men."

We might as well put Calvinist in where it says men
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-29-2009, 01:28 PM
 
Location: US
26,288 posts, read 13,944,968 times
Reputation: 1596
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latte'Chic View Post
CAREFUL..........



Gen.12:2-3
2. I will make you a great nation; I will bless you and make your name great;
And you shall be a blessing.
3. I will bless those who bless you, and I will curse him who curses you; and in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed.”

~In thee shall all the families of the earth be blessed. Jesus Christ is the great blessing of the world, the greatest that ever the world possessed. All the true blessedness the world is now, or ever shall be possessed of, is owing to Abram and his posterity. Through them we have a Bible, a Saviour, and a gospel. They are the stock on which the Christian church is grafted.
Latte, i do not glory in the fact that i am Jewish, i glory in the fact that God quickened my spirit to believe in Christ....circumcision means nothing and non-circumcision means nothing....In other words He wants you circumcised in the Heart and gentiles are grafted in and become spiritual Jews....God has not forsaken the people He chose and has not annulled His convenant with Abraham...in fact He has fullfilled it thru Christ...Amen to that...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-29-2009, 01:29 PM
 
Location: On a road heaven bound !
10,290 posts, read 8,045,424 times
Reputation: 17783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Are you saying i should take heed? what is your point here? and i must add an AMEN to the last lines of your post........
no.....it was pcamps I was telling to take heed to your post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-29-2009, 01:31 PM
 
Location: East Coast
30,224 posts, read 19,996,777 times
Reputation: 2108
Isaiah 63:7 I will mention the lovingkindnesses of the LORD, and the praises of the LORD, according to all that the LORD hath bestowed on us, and the great goodness toward the house of Israel, which he hath bestowed on them according to his mercies, and according to the multitude of his lovingkindnesses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-29-2009, 01:32 PM
 
Location: East Coast
30,224 posts, read 19,996,777 times
Reputation: 2108
Jeremiah 31:3 The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-29-2009, 01:40 PM
 
Location: On a road heaven bound !
10,290 posts, read 8,045,424 times
Reputation: 17783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Latte, i do not glory in the fact that i am Jewish, i glory in the fact that God quickened my spirit to believe in Christ....circumcision means nothing and non-circumcision means nothing....In other words He wants you circumcised in the Heart and gentiles are grafted in and become spiritual Jews....God has not forsaken the people He chose and has not annulled His convenant with Abraham...in fact He has fullfilled it thru Christ...Amen to that...
No,.....I think you are misunderstanding my post...sorry!

I realize your statement "i do not glory in the fact that i am Jewish, i glory in the fact that God quickened my spirit to believe in Christ....", Amen...

And yes, I believe this also..."circumcision means nothing and non-circumcision means nothing...."

Amen...."In other words He wants you circumcised in the Heart and gentiles are grafted in and become spiritual Jews...."

And this was my point..."God has not forsaken the people He chose and has not annulled His convenant with Abraham...in fact He has fullfilled it thru Christ...Amen to that.."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-29-2009, 01:56 PM
 
Location: US
26,288 posts, read 13,944,968 times
Reputation: 1596
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
What is the warning ? . If you noticed i said if "we believe" so obviously i was speaking to myself also. Tell me how can you love like the Lord if you believe His grace,love and mercy is limited , it's impossible to do so , because if you could you are greater than the god you believe in.

The fact of the matter is i believe there is no end to His grace , love and mercy because that is who God is by nature and character, and that is why i believe in the universal reconciliation of all mankind , because His mercy truimph's over judgement James 2 : 13 .

So when you are argue the the fact that the lost end up in eternal torment you obviously believe there is an end to God's grace,love and mercy and you have the audacity to say be careful to me lol.
In James 2:13 he is talking to people that think that by also following the Law that they will be justified....there were Jews about at the time preaching that you had to believe in Christ AND be circumcised and follow the Law in order to be saved......There are Pentacostals that say you are not saved unless you speak in tongues...and other Pentacostals that say if you sin you can lose your Salvation...they too argue the point with scripture by taking it out of context totally missing Pauls point in Romans:
Rom 7:1 Are ye ignorant, brethren--for to those knowing law I speak--that the law hath lordship o
ver the man as long as he liveth?
Rom 7:2 for the married woman to the living husband hath been bound by law, and if the husband may die, she hath been free from the law of the husband;
Rom 7:3 so, then, the husband being alive, an adulteress she shall be called if she may become another man's; and if the husband may die, she is free from the law, so as not to be an adulteress, having become another man's.
Rom 7:4 So that, my brethren, ye also were made dead to the law through the body of the Christ, for your becoming another's, who out of the dead was raised up, that we might bear fruit to God;
Rom 7:5 for when we were in the flesh, the passions of the sins, that are through the law, were working in our members, to bear fruit to the death;
Rom 7:6 and now we have ceased from the law, that being dead in which we were held, so that we may serve in newness of spirit, and not in oldness of letter.
Rom 7:7 What, then, shall we say? the law is sin? let it not be! but the sin I did not know except through law, for also the covetousness I had not known if the law had not said:
Rom 7:8 `Thou shalt not covet;' and the sin having received an opportunity, through the command, did work in me all covetousness--for apart from law sin is dead.
Rom 7:9 And I was alive apart from law once, and the command having come, the sin revived, and I died;
Rom 7:10 and the command that is for life, this was found by me for death;
Rom 7:11 for the sin, having received an opportunity, through the command, did deceive me, and through it did slay me ;
Rom 7:12 so that the law, indeed, is holy, and the command holy, and righteous, and good.
Rom 7:13 That which is good then, to me hath it become death? let it not be! but the sin, that it might appear sin, through the good, working death to me, that the sin might become exceeding sinful through the command,
Rom 7:14 for we have known that the law is spiritual, and I am fleshly, sold by the sin;
Rom 7:15 for that which I work, I do not acknowledge; for not what I will, this I practise, but what I hate, this I do.
Rom 7:16 And if what I do not will, this I do, I consent to the law that it is good,
Rom 7:17 and now it is no longer I that work it, but the sin dwelling in me,
Rom 7:18 for I have known that there doth not dwell in me, that is, in my flesh, good: for to will is present with me, and to work that which is right I do not find,
Rom 7:19 for the good that I will, I do not; but the evil that I do not will, this I practise.
Rom 7:20 And if what I do not will, this I do, it is no longer I that work it, but the sin that is dwelling in me.
Rom 7:21 I find, then, the law, that when I desire to do what is right, with me the evil is present,
Rom 7:22 for I delight in the law of God according to the inward man,
Rom 7:23 and I behold another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of the sin that is in my members.
Rom 7:24 A wretched man I am ! who shall deliver me out of the body of this death?
Rom 7:25 I thank God--through Jesus Christ our Lord; so then, I myself indeed with the mind do serve the law of God, and with the flesh, the law of sin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top