U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 11-29-2009, 02:10 PM
 
Location: US
26,262 posts, read 13,925,706 times
Reputation: 1592

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Latte Chic you are hilarious where in those quotes of mine am i showing no mercy . I am replying to a man who claims he is superior because he's stuidied hebrew,greek and aramaic.

Why did i mention ET ?

Because any person who believes in it like yourself believes God's love, mercy and grace is limited without a shadow of doubt.

Again what part of "if we believe" do you not understand ?

Or is that to harsh to a way to ask you ?

Here i will try again

Dear Latte Chic i am having a very hard time that you failed to miss the fact that i said "If we believe", therefore obviously not judging in my post , i do apologize for not making this more clearer to you so you are not so easily mistaken and hurt , forgetting that you are a very sensitive person and it's only you can be frank with other posters who persist in limiting God's , love and mercy to all of His creation.
My sincere apologies.

And on another note it does not matter what you think when you limit the love,grace and mercy of God ,but of cause me saying this will be interpreted as being unloving , even though you use the same language.

Latte Chic you are so easily offended , , this is because you believe in a conditional loving God whose love,grace and mercy is limited, you believe once saved always saved but you are not secure even in this because if you was you would not be so insecure as to get easily offended . Trust the Lord not a doctrine then you will be secure in Him.

Just because someone disagrees with you or is frank with you does not mean they are being unloving .

Please tell me how you can love like the Lord if you think and believe that His love,grace and mercy is limited like the calvinists and fundamentalists believe ?
you totally missed her point, but i got it, thanks to you Latte, which shows your spiritual immaturety....You do not discuss things to learn, you are only trying to proclaim your gospel and are very closed minded....everything you have posted with respect to UR...been there, done that, found the error....but, you do not want to see the error in UR...because that could mean that possibly your freinds and family that do not believe are headed for hell and you cannot deal with it so you surround yourself with those that will tell you what you want to hear.......that in the end they will also be saved, but, you are missing the point that there are conditions that precede Salvation.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-29-2009, 02:15 PM
 
Location: US
26,262 posts, read 13,925,706 times
Reputation: 1592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latte'Chic View Post
pcamps.....you are really funny, funny, and did I say, funny.... LOL! I mean that literally..... Your really don't understand do you.....This is just way too comical!
Oh, I needed a good laugh this morning....seriously, plus we need a good comedian in this forum to keeps us going....LOL!
I am so sure other's will get such a kick out of this whole ordeal this morning, way to funny! LOL.....
I really wish you could see yourself in your posting....pcamps.. LOL!! Oh, well, another day in the Christianity Forum with pcamps.....love ya, anyway!!!
Don't take me wrong, i know how hard it is not to be sarcastic, but, is that response really producing anything? It does sound as immature as his postings at times....i try to avoid things like that, lol, not always successful, but, i try......again, i just say this out of brotherly love, as once i was told for my sarcasm.....May God bless you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-29-2009, 02:17 PM
 
Location: East Coast
30,182 posts, read 19,976,834 times
Reputation: 2107
You can interpret it which ever way you want , when it says Mercy truimph's over judgement that is speaking about the nature of God's being, the very essence of who He is . I am fully aware of what it says in the proceding verses ,it does not escape the fact that God is God because He's God by nature His mercy(which is one of His attributes) truimph's over judgement.


9This is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance (How come Calvinists and fundamentalists can't fully accept it) 10(and for this we labor and strive).

The very least you calvinists and fundamentalist can do is bring yourself in line with and agree with Paul that it's a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance and labor and strive for it , that He's the Savior of All men regardless of whether you believe some are chosen , once saved always saved, unbelievers are going to fry in Eternal Torment , but you won't , you would rather resist it and insist He's not the Savior of All men , only of the chosen and thus doing reject the fact that Paul says it's a saying that deserves full acceptance, that we should labor and strive for.
Then you claim you believe the scriptures , you couldn't make it up , you reject it not because you believe it's not in the scriptures , you just don't want it to be true.

You believe God is a respecter of persons (even though you deny you do) , you believe you are deserving (even though you deny it) and cannot stand the fact that God loves the ungodly(even though you deny you do)

Last edited by pcamps; 11-29-2009 at 02:28 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-29-2009, 02:20 PM
 
Location: US
26,262 posts, read 13,925,706 times
Reputation: 1592
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
Let's start this again...LOL

I'll answer your question first, and then you answer mine. I believe infants do enter the Kingdom of God based upon Christ's work alone. Through Christ's death, the sins of the infant (inherited from Adam) are imputed to Christ, and Christ's righteousness is imputed to them. Through Christ's resurrection, the infant is declared justified and righteous before God. It's what is known as the Gospel my friend , I also believe that the Holy Spirit quickens or regenerates their soul based upon the work of Christ alone (the Gospel) prior to their entering the Kingdom.

So you tell me, based upon your theory of salvation, as you've stated above (hearing the Gospel preached, having to believe it and then be baptized): Do you believe that any infant that dies during or after birth enters the Kingdom of Heaven? Any at all?
Where does it say in scripture that babys go to heaven?
Yes, i do believe it, because any other belief would condradict the Scriptural condition for Salvation...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-29-2009, 02:24 PM
 
Location: US
26,262 posts, read 13,925,706 times
Reputation: 1592
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
The scripture says is believing. I know you didn't like it, but did you read the second phrase about: but hath passed out of the death to the life? Do you think they did this by keeping the law?
Yea, those that believe have passed out of death to life.....not everyone that just hears....not everyone that heard believed....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-29-2009, 02:26 PM
 
Location: US
26,262 posts, read 13,925,706 times
Reputation: 1592
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
And what did you believe concerning the Gospel?
That there is no way that i could merit Salvation and that it is only thru Christ that that happens and it is because God chose me then called me thru the quickening of my spirit.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-29-2009, 02:30 PM
 
Location: US
26,262 posts, read 13,925,706 times
Reputation: 1592
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
That's it, only 20 years...LOL Still a young pup that hasn't been house broken...LOL
Where did i say anything about 20 years in that post....i said in others, over 20.....your sarcasm is awesome......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-29-2009, 02:32 PM
 
Location: On a road heaven bound !
10,290 posts, read 8,041,829 times
Reputation: 17783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Don't take me wrong, i know how hard it is not to be sarcastic, but, is that response really producing anything? It does sound as immature as his postings at times....i try to avoid things like that, lol, not always successful, but, i try......again, i just say this out of brotherly love, as once i was told for my sarcasm.....May God bless you.

LOL....No it isn't productive. I was really trying not to be sarcastic and not allowing my buttons to be pushed...... but now that I read it again I guess I didn't succeed!!
We (pcamps & myself) have been around this block so many times I am dizzy!

I appologize.....pcamps!

Thank you....Richard, may God bless you also!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-29-2009, 02:35 PM
 
Location: US
26,262 posts, read 13,925,706 times
Reputation: 1592
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Richard what you are failing tpo see is not one of these scriptures you keep quoting has anything to do with salvation.

Also it's you who is claiming you are superior in your knowledge , God forbid that i should claim such a thing.
That is exactly the point Paul is making throughout Romans.....what do you think Paul was talking about that led up to those scriptures? they are showing that God does CHOOSE based on His will, not mans....in other words man can create his own faith and it is not of God unless he was called...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-29-2009, 02:42 PM
 
Location: East Coast
30,182 posts, read 19,976,834 times
Reputation: 2107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
That is exactly the point Paul is making throughout Romans.....what do you think Paul was talking about that led up to those scriptures? they are showing that God does CHOOSE based on His will, not mans....in other words man can create his own faith and it is not of God unless he was called...
You are reading this through merciless goggles , if you really believes God chooses who He wants , how can that first of all give you confidence before Him never mind the ungodly who He died for at Calvary ?.What do you base Him choosing you and not your neighbor ?

6You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly. 7Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous man, though for a good man someone might possibly dare to die. 8But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

So according to you it was just some of the ungodly not all the ungodly.

Just admit it you think God is a respecter of persons, you believe He chose you because you are deserving and cannot accept that God demonstrated His love to All men at Calvary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top