U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 11-29-2009, 06:21 PM
 
Location: East Coast
30,167 posts, read 19,971,676 times
Reputation: 2107

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Again, it was a Jew speaking from a Jewish perspective....
Yes but if i(a gentile in the flesh) was in David's situation i would say the same thing , especially after reading and hearing of the lack of mercy the christian god has on here.

So as a gentile by flesh i can only take to myself sciptures that are not jewish orientated.Your reasoning is absurd

2And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-29-2009, 06:24 PM
 
Location: US
26,256 posts, read 13,920,882 times
Reputation: 1591
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
You can interpret it which ever way you want , when it says Mercy truimph's over judgement that is speaking about the nature of God's being, the very essence of who He is . I am fully aware of what it says in the proceding verses ,it does not escape the fact that God is God because He's God by nature His mercy(which is one of His attributes) truimph's over judgement.


9This is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance (How come Calvinists and fundamentalists can't fully accept it) 10(and for this we labor and strive).

The very least you calvinists and fundamentalist can do is bring yourself in line with and agree with Paul that it's a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance and labor and strive for it , that He's the Savior of All men regardless of whether you believe some are chosen , once saved always saved, unbelievers are going to fry in Eternal Torment , but you won't , you would rather resist it and insist He's not the Savior of All men , only of the chosen and thus doing reject the fact that Paul says it's a saying that deserves full acceptance, that we should labor and strive for.
Then you claim you believe the scriptures , you couldn't make it up , you reject it not because you believe it's not in the scriptures , you just don't want it to be true.

You believe God is a respecter of persons (even though you deny you do) , you believe you are deserving (even though you deny it) and cannot stand the fact that God loves the ungodly(even though you deny you do)
What it is saying when God is not a respector of personsa is that He does not choose based on their merits, or wealth, etc...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-29-2009, 06:26 PM
 
Location: East Coast
30,167 posts, read 19,971,676 times
Reputation: 2107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
What it is saying when God is not a respector of personsa is that He does not choose based on their merits, or wealth, etc...
Nor does He chose by lottery, nor by poverty .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-29-2009, 06:27 PM
 
Location: US
26,256 posts, read 13,920,882 times
Reputation: 1591
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latte'Chic View Post
LOL....No it isn't productive. I was really trying not to be sarcastic and not allowing my buttons to be pushed...... but now that I read it again I guess I didn't succeed!!
We (pcamps & myself) have been around this block so many times I am dizzy!

I appologize.....pcamps!

Thank you....Richard, may God bless you also!
Thank You....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-29-2009, 06:28 PM
 
Location: US
26,256 posts, read 13,920,882 times
Reputation: 1591
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
You are reading this through merciless goggles , if you really believes God chooses who He wants , how can that first of all give you confidence before Him never mind the ungodly who He died for at Calvary ?.What do you base Him choosing you and not your neighbor ?

6You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly. 7Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous man, though for a good man someone might possibly dare to die. 8But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

So according to you it was just some of the ungodly not all the ungodly.

Just admit it you think God is a respecter of persons, you believe He chose you because you are deserving and cannot accept that God demonstrated His love to All men at Calvary.
Because i believe in Jesus.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-29-2009, 06:31 PM
 
Location: East Coast
30,167 posts, read 19,971,676 times
Reputation: 2107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Because i believe in Jesus.....
No you believe God chose you , you cannot have it both ways
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-29-2009, 06:32 PM
 
Location: US
26,256 posts, read 13,920,882 times
Reputation: 1591
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
Let's take David for example:

2Sa 12:22 And he saith, `While the lad is alive I have fasted, and weep, for I said, Who knoweth? --Jehovah doth pity me, and the lad hath lived;
2Sa 12:23 and now, he hath died, why is this--I fast? am I able to bring him back again? I am going unto him, and he doth not turn back unto me.'

Do you think David went to spend eternity in your Hell with his illegitimate son?

King David believed the Gospel. He knew the Messiah would not only atone for his sins but also his children's. King David knew the Gospel.

The following examples concern children, as opposed to infants. However, no mention is given as to these children having any faith, hearing the Gospel or having received any ceremonial cleansing or washings, etc. They are strictly children as children.

Yet these children are said to have their own angels (their messengers) that stand before God:

Mat 18:10 `Beware! --ye may not despise one of these little ones, for I say to you, that their messengers in the heavens do always behold the face of my Father who is in the heavens,

Jesus came to specifically save these little ones (the word "for" directs us back as to why Jesus came):

Mat 18:11 for the Son of Man did come to save the lost.

Is it your testimony that one of these little ones did not go to Heaven?

Luk 9:47 and Jesus having seen the reasoning of their heart, having taken hold of a child, set him beside himself,
Luk 9:48 and said to them, `Whoever may receive this child in my name, doth receive me, and whoever may receive me, doth receive Him who sent me, for he who is least among you all--he shall be great.'

Is it your testimony that a child should not be received in Christ's name as being His?
He was not makibg a statement, He was making a point....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-29-2009, 06:34 PM
 
Location: US
26,256 posts, read 13,920,882 times
Reputation: 1591
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
That wasn't the issue at hand. You said that prior to Christ's death, one had to keep the OT law to be saved. Hogwash!!! and again, Hogwash!!!

Those who believed were in possession of eternal life, without keeping the law! Did you not read it?
not Hogwash....So, what if christ hadn't died on the Cross? what then?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-29-2009, 06:35 PM
 
Location: US
26,256 posts, read 13,920,882 times
Reputation: 1591
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
Com'on you do know what the Gospel is, do you not?

Look, the Gospel says that Christ died on the cross for our sins, and that he was resurrected for our justification (our being declared righteous before God). That is the Gospel, plain and simple.

When you proclaim the Gospel, do you tell people what the Gospel says? Jesus said to proclaim this good news to all creation. Why do you think he said to proclaim it to all creation? Why is this Gospel called good news for all creation?
Just because you proclaim it to all creation does not mean all creation is going to respond.........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-29-2009, 06:37 PM
 
Location: US
26,256 posts, read 13,920,882 times
Reputation: 1591
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Yes but if i(a gentile in the flesh) was in David's situation i would say the same thing , especially after reading and hearing of the lack of mercy the christian god has on here.

So as a gentile by flesh i can only take to myself sciptures that are not jewish orientated.Your reasoning is absurd

2And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.
Don't care about your Buts......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top