U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 11-30-2009, 03:31 AM
 
Location: US
26,244 posts, read 13,909,589 times
Reputation: 1591

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
You may believe in a god whose mercy fails but i do not.His mercy endures forever because that's His nature.It's a shame christians cannot believe He is.
There are two classes of people that Christ died for, the world as a whole temporally and the Elected Eternally...that is why it says Christ not only died for us, but for the whole world....it temporally stayed God's hand of execution on the world......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-30-2009, 03:39 AM
 
Location: US
26,244 posts, read 13,909,589 times
Reputation: 1591
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Grow up ?????????? you believe God chose some for salvation and some for damnation, then in the next breathe you accredit your salvation to you believing in Jesus, and you are telling me to grow up , you have got to be kidding ,

Which one is it ? God chose you for salvation ? or you believed unto salvation ? . I think you need to rethink what you believe , because believing God chose you and believing you are saved because you believed is contradictory.
you just don't understand the process of Salvation, God clearly says in the Bible that "I sought you, you did not seek Me, you did not choose Me, but I chose you", I did not choose to believe, although at one time i thought so, but through years of study come to realize that i had no choice in the matter, i could not possibley take credit for it, it was all the work of God.....Study the scriptures in order and not randomly and you will see.........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-30-2009, 03:40 AM
 
Location: US
26,244 posts, read 13,909,589 times
Reputation: 1591
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
I haven't a clue what you are talking about, and I'm not sure you do either ...You sound spiritually constipated my friend...LOL I recommend two doses of the Gospel for this ailment!

Better yet, take a full teaspoon of repentance and then both doses of the Gospel...LOL
Your spiritual immaturety is showing......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-30-2009, 03:41 AM
 
Location: East Coast
30,125 posts, read 19,958,111 times
Reputation: 2104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
There are two classes of people that Christ died for, the world as a whole temporally and the Elected Eternally...that is why it says Christ not only died for us, but for the whole world....it temporally stayed God's hand of execution on the world......
John is saying to believers He didn't just die for us but the whole world .

He died once for as a ransom for all men 1 Tim 2 : 6

13But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far away have been brought near through the blood of Christ.

14For he himself is our peace, who has made the two one (jew and gentile) and has destroyed the barrier, the dividing wall of hostility, 15by abolishing in his flesh the law with its commandments and regulations. His purpose was to create in himself one new man out of the two, thus making peace, 16and in this one body to reconcile both of them to God through the cross, by which he put to death their hostility. 17He came and preached peace to you who were far away (gentiles) and peace to those who were near(jews). 18For through him we both have access to the Father by one Spirit. 19Consequently, you are no longer foreigners and aliens, but fellow citizens with God's people and members of God's household, 20built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone. 21In him the whole building is joined together and rises to become a holy temple in the Lord. 22And in him you too are being built together to become a dwelling in which God lives by his Spirit. Ephesians 2 :13-22

As you see there are not 2 classes of people and eternal and temporal election. Verse 14 says God has destroyed the barrier the dividing wall of hostility and here you are trying to rebuild it

You say you have studied for 20 years and you are saying such stuff as this ????????????

Last edited by pcamps; 11-30-2009 at 03:50 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-30-2009, 03:42 AM
 
Location: US
26,244 posts, read 13,909,589 times
Reputation: 1591
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
But Christ did die and it was foreknown He would before the foundation of the world:

1Pe 1:19 but with precious blood, as of a lamb unblemished and unspotted--Christ's--
1Pe 1:20 foreknown, indeed, before the foundation of the world, and manifested in the last times because of you,

Abraham believed the Gospel just like us. He was saved just like us. And he was not saved by any law or works.
So, what were the OT sacrifices for?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-30-2009, 03:44 AM
 
Location: US
26,244 posts, read 13,909,589 times
Reputation: 1591
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
It isn't the proclamation of words that makes it good news, it's what the proclamation tells us was accomplished! My question to you was rhetorical, hoping that it would shame you into seeing what it says. I guess not...LOL Therefore, I'll answer it for you.

Yes, the Gospel is good news for all creation.

And why is that?

Because it is applicable for all, to all creation.

And how so?

Because Christ died for all:

Rom 6:10 For in that He died, He died to sin once for all; but in that He lives, He lives to God.

2Co 5:14 for the love of the Christ doth constrain us, having judged thus: that if one for all died, then the whole died,

Believe it my friend, it's the Gospel and it's true.
So, animals are going to heaven also? because they are part of creation......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-30-2009, 05:52 AM
 
6,221 posts, read 6,402,926 times
Reputation: 682
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Where does it say in scripture that babys go to heaven?
Yes, i do believe it, because any other belief would condradict the Scriptural condition for Salvation...
Your answer is a bit ambiguous, but I believe you are saying babies that die go to hell because they don't meet the condition for salvation.

Where does it say in scripture that babies go to hell?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-30-2009, 09:29 AM
 
Location: US
26,244 posts, read 13,909,589 times
Reputation: 1591
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
John is saying to believers He didn't just die for us but the whole world .

He died once for as a ransom for all men 1 Tim 2 : 6

13But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far away have been brought near through the blood of Christ.

14For he himself is our peace, who has made the two one (jew and gentile) and has destroyed the barrier, the dividing wall of hostility, 15by abolishing in his flesh the law with its commandments and regulations. His purpose was to create in himself one new man out of the two, thus making peace, 16and in this one body to reconcile both of them to God through the cross, by which he put to death their hostility. 17He came and preached peace to you who were far away (gentiles) and peace to those who were near(jews). 18For through him we both have access to the Father by one Spirit. 19Consequently, you are no longer foreigners and aliens, but fellow citizens with God's people and members of God's household, 20built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone. 21In him the whole building is joined together and rises to become a holy temple in the Lord. 22And in him you too are being built together to become a dwelling in which God lives by his Spirit. Ephesians 2 :13-22

As you see there are not 2 classes of people and eternal and temporal election. Verse 14 says God has destroyed the barrier the dividing wall of hostility and here you are trying to rebuild it

You say you have studied for 20 years and you are saying such stuff as this ????????????
You still don't get it.....that is sad.........it means there is no longer Jew or Gentile, they are one in Christ......And the author is talking to Christians....it is not talking about elect vs. non-elect.......in other words the believeing Gentiles has been grafted into the family of God and in essence become Jews....Because God did not forget the people He chose nor cancel out the convenant He made with Abraham....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-30-2009, 09:31 AM
 
Location: US
26,244 posts, read 13,909,589 times
Reputation: 1591
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Your answer is a bit ambiguous, but I believe you are saying babies that die go to hell because they don't meet the condition for salvation.

Where does it say in scripture that babies go to hell?
where does it say they don't?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-30-2009, 11:08 AM
 
6,221 posts, read 6,402,926 times
Reputation: 682
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
where does it say they don't?
LOL ok. It also doesn't say that babies are forced into slave labour on the moon, mining green cheese.... but I guess you believe the default position is that babies goes to hell (which is unsubstantiated in scripture).


Lets use some reason and logic that you speak of often. We have this God of love, who is love, and who tells us to love our enemies. He also tells us we must become as little children before we can enter the Kingdom of Heaven, and furthermore, its better if you are drowned in the sea with a millstone around your neck rather than cause a little child to stumble. This God who tells us all these things - you would have us believe this God lets little babies go into an eternal hell of torment and fire? And since you are a Calvinist, you would also believe that God predestines and decrees that these little babies burn forever for God's glory? Is that reasonable and logical to you? Sorry, this doesn't hold water.



You really think Jesus will say "Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels" to a little baby? You really think a little baby is judged for its "works" and then thrown into a lake of literal fire because the baby's name wasn't in the book of life? NO. Your beliefs are bankrupt if this is what you think...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top