U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 12-07-2009, 03:18 PM
 
8,989 posts, read 12,454,210 times
Reputation: 746

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
To believe modern church doctrine, one must turn their brain off and believe in contradictions.

God saves babies after death, but doesn't save people after death.

Aren't babies people too?
Actually the mainstream church teaches what scripture says and that's all, we harmonize things we don't understand by using other scripture. If we don't see it in scripture to harmonize with we leave it at that, another mystery of God; we leave reason at the door because that is only trying to get into the mind of God and that is a no...no.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-07-2009, 03:22 PM
 
Location: East Coast
30,223 posts, read 19,991,820 times
Reputation: 2108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
God will never go against His own word or else He won't be God. I can't base what God will do on my assumption of who He si. I must see it in scripture.
God will never act out of character or go against who He is by nature , this is why He is God and above all others .He is the unchanging God , He is steadfast in who He is, and utterly dependable to be unto us who He says He is . This is no assumption it's fact , and one thing i know for certain with you Fundy and those who believe like you do is that your own conscience does not sit comfortable with defending a god who does or may send babies to Eternal torment , or chooses some to go there and some not to go there .

I also no for certain if you heard of such a thing before you believed you would think it was insane.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-07-2009, 03:24 PM
 
6,221 posts, read 6,408,216 times
Reputation: 682
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Do babies have a conscious of the law imprinted in their hearts?

No they don't...so they are saved....after death...they cannot practice the faith or abide by it. They are babies.
That is the point and I am not backtracking.....you are. UR can't get their ducks straight....we can.
What I am backtracking on?!? What ducks are not straight?

Sorry I see now you weren't backtracking, I just didn't understand your answer where you said "we cannot".

Anyways, I agree babies don't know the law nor can they practice faith or repent.

Yet babies are not sinless. There is none righteous, not even babies. SO HOW IS IT THEY ARE SAVED? How are they made rightesous? There is only one way: that is through Jesus Christ, and it happens without them repenting in this life.

So another pillar of modern Christendom is knocked down - God can save people even if they haven't repented in this life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-07-2009, 03:28 PM
 
Location: East Coast
30,223 posts, read 19,991,820 times
Reputation: 2108
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
To believe modern church doctrine, one must turn their brain off and believe in contradictions.

God saves babies after death, but doesn't save people after death.

Aren't babies people too?
This is so true . I only thought those who got involved with cults did this but i am beginning to see it's prevailent with Christians , i'm still being purged of God to the things i through ignorance allowed myself to be gullible to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-07-2009, 03:30 PM
 
6,221 posts, read 6,408,216 times
Reputation: 682
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
How is this a contradiction? I see nothing in scripture to point out babies going to hell....based on the book of life....the babies are sinful but they are not mature enough to understand justification, sin etc....They behave bad and even at times know what they are doing is wrong but as far as grasping the gospel, faith or repentance......come on.
"How is this a contradiction?" You've got to be kidding me.

How about these common one-liners:

"God cannot be in the presence of sin"
"Sin seperates people from God"
"God cannot save anyone after death"

Yet you just admitted above that babies are sinful. This is true, but if babies don't go to hell, you have just contradicted your own beliefs.

If God lets babies into heaven, then He must have removed their sin, and therefore saved them, all after the baby has died. Therefore God saves people (babies) after death, without them having repented before death.

You are full of contradictions and don't even see it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-07-2009, 03:31 PM
 
8,989 posts, read 12,454,210 times
Reputation: 746
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
God will never act out of character or go against who He is by nature , this is why He is God and above all others .He is the unchanging God , He is steadfast in who He is, and utterly dependable to be unto us who He says He is . This is no assumption it's fact.
and how do you know this 100% sure?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-07-2009, 03:43 PM
 
Location: East Coast
30,223 posts, read 19,991,820 times
Reputation: 2108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
and how do you know this 100% sure?
Because God is love , period . His children also bear His nature.

Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God. 1 John 4 : 7


So please do not try and tell me when God sends anyone to hell never mind babies, that your god is a god of love , and to those who would say that we send ourselves to hell , you both need to hear the good news.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-07-2009, 03:44 PM
 
8,989 posts, read 12,454,210 times
Reputation: 746
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Because God is love , period . His children also bear His nature.

Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God. 1 John 4 : 7


So please do not try and tell me when God sends anyone to hell never mind babies, that your god is a god of love , and to those who would say that we send ourselves to hell , you both need to hear the good news.
I asked, how do you know for a fact God is unchanging and that He never goes against His own nature?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-07-2009, 04:06 PM
 
Location: Seattle, Wa
5,302 posts, read 5,289,114 times
Reputation: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post

Yet babies are not sinless. There is none righteous, not even babies. SO HOW IS IT THEY ARE SAVED? How are they made rightesous? There is only one way: that is through Jesus Christ, and it happens without them repenting in this life.

So another pillar of modern Christendom is knocked down - God can save people even if they haven't repented in this life.
Modern Christendom...LOL I will let that one slide.

Now, how is it that they are saved?

Because they don't know the law, and the sting of death is in the law.

Another pillar of the UR paradigm once again dismantled by one verse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-07-2009, 04:11 PM
 
8,989 posts, read 12,454,210 times
Reputation: 746
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
"How is this a contradiction?" You've got to be kidding me.

How about these common one-liners:

"God cannot be in the presence of sin"
"Sin seperates people from God"
"God cannot save anyone after death"

Yet you just admitted above that babies are sinful. This is true, but if babies don't go to hell, you have just contradicted your own beliefs.

If God lets babies into heaven, then He must have removed their sin, and therefore saved them, all after the baby has died. Therefore God saves people (babies) after death, without them having repented before death.

You are full of contradictions and don't even see it.
You had me until you got to "God cannot save anyone from death" where is that?

Actually you are basing this off a few points in scripture which you have not applied rightly when pertaining to babies when taking into account a systematic theology; the whole council of God from Genesis to Revelations. You can't point to verses that look at face value in your favor and exclude the verses that don't favor your argument. You have a bias approach and an incorrect way of studying scripture.

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 12-07-2009 at 04:19 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top