U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2009, 06:18 PM

6,221 posts, read 6,403,926 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
God will fulfill what He desires for the man seeking Him, but it is that man who turns from Him, in his anthropos, who rejects the knowledge of truth, and therefore condemns himself into eternal separation from God.
See what you just did there? You changed the word of God. You are adding and taking away from the word by saying God will not save all and God only desires for those seeking Him to be saved.

But let us verify the truth in scripture. Yet again you do not believe this verse:

1 Tim 2:3 This is good, and pleases God our Savior, 4who wants all men to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth.

There is no qualification such as you added about "those seeking Him". In fact scripture tells us that none are seeking Him. One only seeks the Lord when God enables them to believe.

Quote:
Preceeding that we see in verse 7:

Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.

So what His will is righteous and will come to fruition, but it is man's choice do be wicked, and forsake his way, thus his pardon revoked.
Amazing, you see Isa 55:7 as condemnation for the wicked. I see it as the wicked finally turning to the Lord and then He will have mercy on them. And they ALL will turn to the Lord when they are bowing to Him and swearing allegiance to Him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2009, 06:21 PM

5,302 posts, read 5,285,528 times
UR is such a false claim and they take the word of God and butcher it for their own rules.

Isa 55:1 Ho, every one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters, and he that hath no money; come ye, buy, and eat; yea, come, buy wine and milk without money and without price.

This is about Christ...the premise is about the one who seeks Him, and the one who forsakes Him!

And regarding most of Isaiah's work is about Christ and those who RECEIVE Him, and the condemantion of those who do not. Good grief man, you all sink in your own premise!

Old 12-07-2009, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
See what you just did there? You changed the word of God. You are adding and taking away from the word by saying God will not save all and God only desires for those seeking Him to be saved.
No I didn't...I provided exegesis of Isaiah 55...maybe you should read it again.

Quote:
But let us verify the truth in scripture. Yet again you do not believe this verse:

1 Tim 2:3 This is good, and pleases God our Savior, 4who wants all men to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth.

There is no qualification such as you added about "those seeking Him". In fact scripture tells us that none are seeking Him. One only seeks the Lord when God enables them to believe.
God wants them, but does man follow that premise. A big NO..hence Adam..He wanted Him to be good and obey, but he didn't. Your premise is fruitless.

Quote:
Amazing, you see Isa 55:7 as condemnation for the wicked. I see it as the wicked finally turning to the Lord and then He will have mercy on them. And they ALL will turn to the Lord when they are bowing to Him and swearing allegiance to Him.
Where does it say that?

Here let me help you:

Do you know what Isaiah 55 is about?

It's about restoration of Israel..the church..those that follow Him.

You people are a riot!

The entire Bible is covenantal...dealing with the church and the church only, and what happens to those that reject it!

Old 12-07-2009, 06:27 PM

Scotiamicks,

Your problem is you believe man's will is more powerful than God's will. This is simply the foolish pride of man. God's plan to have all men be saved will never make sense to you until you realize that God can achieve His will and His desires.

Old 12-07-2009, 06:34 PM

Quote:
No I didn't...I provided exegesis of Isaiah 55...maybe you should read it again.
Your so-called exegesis contradicts the word of God.

Quote:
God wants them, but does man follow that premise. A big NO..hence Adam..He wanted Him to be good and obey, but he didn't. Your premise is fruitless.

Where does it say that?

Here let me help you:

Do you know what Isaiah 55 is about?

It's about restoration of Israel..the church..those that follow Him.

You people are a riot!
LOL your view of God is a riot. God is pining away wishing mankind would do what He wants, and there's nothing God can do about it. Poor God, if only we would help him out, but God will never achieve what He desires. LOL your view of God makes him impotent and far from all-powerful.

Scripture has stated that all will swear allegiance to Him:

From the NASB:
Isaiah 45:23 "I have sworn by Myself,
The word has gone forth from My mouth in righteousness
And will not turn back,
That to Me every knee will bow, every tongue will swear allegiance.

This is also confirmed by Phil 2:11 and Romans 14:11. Sadly you probably don't believe this verse either. This trio of verses tells us that every person will bow to God, confess He is lord, worship and joyfully praise Him, even swearing allegiance to Him.

Old 12-07-2009, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Scotiamicks,

Your problem is you believe man's will is more powerful than God's will. This is simply the foolish pride of man. God's plan to have all men be saved will never make sense to you until you realize that God can achieve His will and His desires.
You are very wrong...you need to look in the mirror and realise you are guilty of the same accusation. God's will is that if you reject Him, you will inherit eternal punishment, but if you accept him, you will inherit eternal life. God's plan has been fulfilled in Christ. His desire, thelos, not chaphets, is that all men come to Him, but like Adam, some will not.
Deal with it.

Old 12-07-2009, 06:48 PM

30,145 posts, read 19,964,744 times
Quote:
UR is such a false claim and they take the word of God and butcher it for their own rules.

Isa 55:1 Ho, every one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters, and he that hath no money; come ye, buy, and eat; yea, come, buy wine and milk without money and without price.

This is about Christ...the premise is about the one who seeks Him, and the one who forsakes Him!

And regarding most of Isaiah's work is about Christ and those who RECEIVE Him, and the condemantion of those who do not. Good grief man, you all sink in your own premise!
You cannot put God in a box sciotamicks. The verse from Isaiah i bolded states that God accomplishes that which He desires , now whether you believe He is speaking about Israel or the Church is besides the point .
Does this mean we cannot take the scripture and say that "God is with me withersoever i go" because He said that only to Joshua ? Of cause not.

Like i said to you a few posts back the whole of scripture is a revelation of His son Jesus .

Last edited by pcamps; 12-07-2009 at 07:05 PM..

Old 12-07-2009, 07:01 PM

Quote:

From the NASB:
Isaiah 45:23 "I have sworn by Myself,
The word has gone forth from My mouth in righteousness
And will not turn back,
That to Me every knee will bow, every tongue will swear allegiance.

This is also confirmed by Phil 2:11 and Romans 14:11. Sadly you probably don't believe this verse either. This trio of verses tells us that every person will bow to God, confess He is lord, worship and joyfully praise Him, even swearing allegiance to Him.
UR is so predictable. IT butchers the word of God for their own carnal desires.

The law and the prophets prophesied Jesus’ return (Daniel 7:13), the resurrection (Daniel 12:2) and the judgment, (Isaiah 45:23; Romans 14:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10; Joel 2:28, 3:1-2; Matt 25:31-32)

Old 12-07-2009, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
You cannot put God in a box sciotamicks. The verse from Isaiah i bolded states that God accomplishes that which He desires , now whether you believe He is speaking about Israel or the Church is besides the point .

Like i said to you a few posts back the whole of scripture is a revelation of His son Jesus .

Does that mean i cannot take the scripture and say that "God is with me withersoever i go" because He said that only to Joshua ? Of cause not.
I don't put God in a box...you people do. God can do anything He wants, and if He wants to save all men, so be it, but I don't go around saying He will or won't, and the scripture does NOT say He will...just what desires to be. The scripture says people will fall from grace, a suffer eternal death...I don't say this, the scripture does.

You people tiwst and mold the word of God to your own rules.
Like Brimstone and Aionion and so forth. It is butchering the Word.

Eternal is Eternal..Deal with it....our friends and family members that rejected the truth, are dead eternally...that is what the scripture says. Period.

Last edited by sciotamicks; 12-07-2009 at 07:07 PM.. Reason: sp

Old 12-07-2009, 07:08 PM

God wanted Adam to be in complete communion with Him.

UR....did Adam do that which God desired? The same went for Old Covenant Israel...or even Judas.

No. Your premise regarding this is hollow and without ANY foundation. Leave it alone, or continue to be in error...your choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity