U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 12-09-2009, 03:52 PM
 
2,526 posts, read 2,321,450 times
Reputation: 327

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
doing?????? I said, receiving Christ.

(Romans 3:21–26)

21 But now a righteousness from God, apart from law, has been made known, to which the Law and the Prophets testify. 22 This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference, 23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory
...
Another common belief that is not scriptural. Let's look again using a literal translation:

Rom 3:21 And now apart from law hath the righteousness of God been manifested, testified to by the law and the prophets,
Rom 3:22 and the righteousness of God is through the faith of Jesus Christ to all, and upon all those believing, --for there is no difference,
Rom 3:23 for all did sin, and are come short of the glory of God--

It was through the faith of Jesus, not ours my friend, that saved us. Unfortunately, the newer translations that are based upon the doctrines of man pervert this wonderful truth. And here it is again:

Gal 2:16 having known also that a man is not declared righteous by works of law, if not through the faith of Jesus Christ, also we in Christ Jesus did believe, that we might be declared righteous by the faith of Christ, and not by works of law, wherefore declared righteous by works of law shall be no flesh.'

Php 3:9 not having my righteousness, which is of law, but that which is through faith of Christ--the righteousness that is of God by the faith,

I recommend a bible translation that is accurate. You'll find it glorifies God, not man.

Also, we receive Christ (when believing the Gospel) through faith by regeneration of the Holy Spirit, not in our justification at the cross.

Last edited by AlabamaStorm; 12-09-2009 at 03:56 PM.. Reason: typo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-09-2009, 03:57 PM
 
8,989 posts, read 12,480,389 times
Reputation: 746
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
Another common belief that is not scriptural. Let's look again using a literal translation:

Rom 3:21 And now apart from law hath the righteousness of God been manifested, testified to by the law and the prophets,
Rom 3:22 and the righteousness of God is through the faith of Jesus Christ to all, and upon all those believing, --for there is no difference,
Rom 3:23 for all did sin, and are come short of the glory of God--
I notice how you forgot to bold that last part (so let me help you)


Quote:
I recommend a bible translation that is accurate. You'll find it glorifies God, not man.
No thanks I like my NASB and ESV

Quote:
Also, we receive Christ (when believing the Gospel) through faith by regeneration of the Holy Spirit, not in our justification at the cross.
We are justified, declared righteous, at the moment of our salvation. Justification does not make us righteous, but rather pronounces us righteous.

Sorry I believe in repentance before regeneration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-09-2009, 04:17 PM
 
2,526 posts, read 2,321,450 times
Reputation: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
I notice how you forgot to bold that last part (so let me help you)
Yes, and you forget to bold there is no difference. Seeing you're so kind, I'll help you too, and bold it in red...LOL :

Rom 3:22 and the righteousness of God is through the faith of Jesus Christ to all, and upon all those believing, --for there is no difference,

Both to all (coma) and upon all those believeing are declared righteous through the faith of Jesus. For there is no difference.

Quote:
No thanks I like my NASB and ESV

We are justified, declared righteous, at the moment of our salvation. Justification does not make us righteous, but rather pronounces us righteous.
Well, this is why you and John MacArthur don't quite get the Gospel. . Justification does indeed declare us to be righteous before God, it imputes Christ's righteousness to us. We come to the knowledge of it (those of whom the scripture says "upon all those believing") through regeneration by the Holy Spirit. But carry on, if nothing else though, I do recommend a new translation...LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-09-2009, 04:21 PM
 
8,989 posts, read 12,480,389 times
Reputation: 746
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
Yes, and you forget to bold there is no difference. Seeing you're so kind, I'll help you too, and bold it in red...LOL :
Of course there is no difference but you still have to believe......what is hard to understand

Quote:
Rom 3:22 and the righteousness of God is through the faith of Jesus Christ to all, and upon all those believing, --for there is no difference,

Both to all (coma) and upon all those believeing are declared righteous through the faith of Jesus. For there is no difference.

Well, this is why you and John MacArthur don't quite get the Gospel. . Justification does indeed declare us to be righteous before God, it imputes Christ's righteousness to us. We come to the knowledge of it (those of whom the scripture says "upon all those believing") through regeneration by the Holy Spirit. But carry on, if nothing else though, I do recommend a new translation...LOL
Sorry but it is your gospel that is incomplete. Not ONCE have I heard you say, repent.

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 12-09-2009 at 04:29 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-09-2009, 04:31 PM
 
Location: Seattle, Wa
5,302 posts, read 5,302,774 times
Reputation: 420
They can't Fundy, because it doesn't line up with their doctrine. All mankind are saved, regardless of their walk, and their "temporal" judgement and punishment. This is their premise, and therefore allows the non-believer, to continue on, knowing that he will too have a place with the righteous, eventually. Such heresy. It goes to the very core of the cross.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-09-2009, 04:36 PM
 
7,374 posts, read 7,220,482 times
Reputation: 892
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
They can't Fundy, because it doesn't line up with their doctrine. All mankind are saved, regardless of their walk, and their "temporal" judgement and punishment. This is their premise, and therefore allows the non-believer, to continue on, knowing that he will too have a place with the righteous, eventually. Such heresy. It goes to the very core of the cross.
Strawman ... It is our belief that all will repent. Its just that we do not agree that repentance is necessary before someone dies for one to be saved in the end. Repentance now is for the reward of reigning with Christ and having life pertaining to the ages.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-09-2009, 04:37 PM
 
8,989 posts, read 12,480,389 times
Reputation: 746
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
They can't Fundy, because it doesn't line up with their doctrine. All mankind are saved, regardless of their walk, and their "temporal" judgement and punishment. This is their premise, and therefore allows the non-believer, to continue on, knowing that he will too have a place with the righteous, eventually. Such heresy. It goes to the very core of the cross.
He is throwing these "jabs" and laughing like He is proving something. I want to hear his views on repentance because it is all through the bible from John the Baptist to the Apostle Paul yet not one time did I hear him say it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-09-2009, 04:48 PM
 
2,526 posts, read 2,321,450 times
Reputation: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Of course there is no difference but you still have to believe......
Yes of course, but that is the work of the Holy Spirit in regeneration, not justification! And yes, no one will enter the Kingdom of God without believing in Christ and having this knowledge of the Gospel. But again, (I sound like a broken record...LOL) that is the work of regeneration of the Holy Spirit, not our Justification that occurred at the cross.

We are not justified because we believe. We are justified by Christ alone, and it is His work for us on the cross that saves us. We experience His salvation in time, through the new birth by the Holy Spirit.

Quote:
Sorry but it is your gospel that is incomplete. Not ONCE have I heard you say, repent and again I don't read bibles written by heretics but thanks.
My Gospel is complete and it tells us why we are justified. That's the Gospel Paul proclaimed. And it was given to him by Christ, through revelation, 2,000 years ago. The new translations have made a mockery of it. They declare a works based Gospel, that is no Gospel!

If you don't like the YLT that I use, get the LITV or read from a Greek/English interlinear. Even the KJV has it right. The guys back in 1611 new the Gospel! The Geneva Bible and the Bishop's Bible from the 1500's, of which the KJV is based upon, new it too. They all proclaim the grace of God justifying the sinner by the faith of Jesus. They proclaim the Gospel!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-09-2009, 04:50 PM
 
8,989 posts, read 12,480,389 times
Reputation: 746
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post

If you don't like the YLT that I use, get the LITV or read from a Greek/English interlinear. Even the KJV has it right. The guys back in 1611 new the Gospel! The Geneva Bible and the Bishop's Bible from the 1500's, of which the KJV is based upon, new it too. They all proclaim the grace of God justifying the sinner by the faith of Jesus. They proclaim the Gospel!
So are you saying, one does not have to repent? It's your lack of understanding the true gospel that puts you in this position. Why even send missionaries. why Go ye there and teach all nations?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-09-2009, 04:53 PM
 
2,526 posts, read 2,321,450 times
Reputation: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
They can't Fundy, because it doesn't line up with their doctrine. All mankind are saved, regardless of their walk, and their "temporal" judgement and punishment. This is their premise, and therefore allows the non-believer, to continue on, knowing that he will too have a place with the righteous, eventually. Such heresy. It goes to the very core of the cross.
How many times do I have to tell you that is not what I believe...LOL That is not why mankind is saved. They are justified by Christ on the cross and are, or will be, regenerated, (saved as you put it), by the Spirit of God, just like you and I. And it ain't my doctrine silly boy! LOL It's way too early to be hitting the bottle you two. Admit it! You guy's do not believe the Gospel!

Last edited by AlabamaStorm; 12-09-2009 at 05:03 PM.. Reason: typo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top