U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 12-09-2009, 05:56 PM
 
8,989 posts, read 12,470,092 times
Reputation: 746

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
Yes, repentance will always result in good works and the fruit of the Spirit. But like you've indicated, it does not justify us before God, but rather man:

Jas 2:17 So also faith, if it does not have works, is dead being by itself.
Jas 2:18 But someone will say, You have faith, and I have works. Show me your faith apart from your works, and I will show you my faith out of my works.
Alabama Storm if I were a true hyper Calvinist then I could see your side but in scripture I can see both sides (calvinism and arminianism). I can't ignore scripture. I can see God's sovereignty harmonizing with free will in scripture, can I fully comprehend it or explain it?....Not a chance!! but I know that God can and that is good enough for me. So I leave it at that. It's a paradox that just can't be answered right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-09-2009, 06:10 PM
 
2,526 posts, read 2,318,676 times
Reputation: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Alabama Storm if I were a true hyper Calvinist then I could see your side but in scripture I can see both sides (calvinism and arminianism). I can't ignore scripture. I can see God's sovereignty harmonizing with free will in scripture, can I fully comprehend it or explain it?....Not a chance!! but I know that God can and that is good enough for me. So I leave it at that. It's a paradox that just can't be answered right now.
It's all good and well my friend. I know you are here doing Christ's work too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-09-2009, 06:11 PM
 
7,374 posts, read 7,213,393 times
Reputation: 892
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Pertaining to the ages......Ironmaw...this is the worst presentation that UR has....it has no foundation whatsoever...leave it alone...it makes you, and your doctrine look foolish.
Oh really? Just like the way that so many bibles which are based on the KJV and before that the Latin Vulgate translate four different words by one single word, hell? You trust false translations.

We have proven it time and again ... Though you refuse it. That is okay, one day you will understand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-09-2009, 06:17 PM
 
7,374 posts, read 7,213,393 times
Reputation: 892
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
You have no clue about the work on the cross...you defile it by giving the unrighteous carte blanch to enter the kingdom after they pay for their sins in some make believe purgatory state in fire....blasphemy and heresy is what that is. No where in scripture does it teach it..anywhere.....you have to confess it with your mouth, or did you select that part out of the scripture too to support your failed and divided doctrine?

UR stands divided on all fronts and will turn to dust soon enough.
Just wait and see...I will see to it personally here at this forum.

Like Mike, this debate isn't between you and me, it is for people who google this heresy and read what we present here.
Rev 20:12-13
and I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God, and scrolls were opened, and another scroll was opened, which is that of the life, and the dead were judged out of the things written in the scrolls -- according to their works;
and the sea did give up those dead in it, and the death and the hades did give up the dead in them, and they were judged, each one according to their works;


1Cr 3:13-15
Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is. If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-09-2009, 06:41 PM
 
7,374 posts, read 7,213,393 times
Reputation: 892
1 Cor 4:5
Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God.

Rom 9:11
(For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth; )

Rom 9:16
So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.



Did Esau have a choice?



Jhn 15:16
Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.



You talk about Choice, and human free will as if a carnal degenerate man has the power to choose God, when Christ himself says we do not choose him but that he chooses us ... Simply more evidence of traditional inconsistencies and contradictions of the scriptures that are rampant throughout fundamentalist and orthodox Christianity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-09-2009, 10:41 PM
 
2,526 posts, read 2,318,676 times
Reputation: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
You have no clue about the work on the cross...you defile it by giving the unrighteous carte blanch to enter the kingdom after they pay for their sins in some make believe purgatory state in fire....blasphemy and heresy is what that is. No where in scripture does it teach it..anywhere.....you have to confess it with your mouth, or did you select that part out of the scripture too to support your failed and divided doctrine?

UR stands divided on all fronts and will turn to dust soon enough.
Just wait and see...I will see to it personally here at this forum.

Like Mike, this debate isn't between you and me, it is for people who google this heresy and read what we present here.
Hey, I thought you were a Preterist, and a Full (of) one at that...LOL

How is it that the resurrection of the dead is over when all you pagans from Rome keep on gettin' resurrected over and over again? LMAO
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-09-2009, 10:54 PM
 
Location: Seattle, Wa
5,302 posts, read 5,297,289 times
Reputation: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
Hey, I thought you were a Preterist, and a Full (of) one at that...LOL

How is it that the resurrection of the dead is over when all you pagans from Rome keep on gettin' resurrected over and over again? LMAO
Pagans from Rome? Resurrection of the dead? Do you even understand the argument you are presenting to me? Resurrected over and over again? LOL

Do you even know what the purpose of the Parousia and ROTD entailed?

You must do better research on Full Preterism before you even address me concerning it, or I can lay it out for you if you want. Because it is quite obvious you haven't the slightest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-09-2009, 10:58 PM
 
2,526 posts, read 2,318,676 times
Reputation: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Pagans from Rome? Resurrection of the dead? Do you even understand the argument you are presenting to me? Resurrected over and over again? LOL

Do you even know what the purpose of the Parousia and ROTD entailed?

You must do better research on Full Preterism before you even address me concerning it, or I can lay it out for you if you want. Because it is quite obvious you haven't the slightest.
Please do, my master... I confess my sins...LOL What is Full Preterism? And while your at it, tell me about Justification too!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-09-2009, 11:01 PM
 
Location: Seattle, Wa
5,302 posts, read 5,297,289 times
Reputation: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Oh really? Just like the way that so many bibles which are based on the KJV and before that the Latin Vulgate translate four different words by one single word, hell? You trust false translations.

We have proven it time and again ... Though you refuse it. That is okay, one day you will understand.
You have not proven anything but the redundancy of your very own failed doctrine created by men, that either renounced their views or were kicked out of the church. I read the all translations, yet I post KJV...its easy and very accessible, but does that matter? No..the Holy Spirit provides the right interpretation for us, not the translation. Strawman Ironmaw.

This argument is far from the blessings of the HS that you present.

I really believe in all your years of study, you have followed the wrong scholars, and chosen what your flesh seeks, rather than your spirit. But that is an opinion of mine based on your posts....and I really believe you need to take a class in Greek or Hebrew, and read the scriptures that way...in the original language, as I do...and translate them into English, not the other way around. Buy some books on linguistics, as I have, and don't throw away your books from your scholars and such, because the word of God, is the final word....always. Not your UR teachers and your UR Bible.

Compare them. But God's word is the final authority.

Hell is a real place, whether it be for torment or separation, or annihilation, the scripture supports all three, but it NEVER supports, temporal judgement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-09-2009, 11:04 PM
 
37,648 posts, read 25,337,503 times
Reputation: 5864
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
You have no clue about the work on the cross...you defile it by giving the unrighteous carte blanch to enter the kingdom after they pay for their sins in some make believe purgatory state in fire....blasphemy and heresy is what that is. No where in scripture does it teach it..anywhere.....you have to confess it with your mouth, or did you select that part out of the scripture too to support your failed and divided doctrine?
Talk about being clueless . . . sciotamicks . . . your understanding of God is incompatible with Jesus. There is no way anyone who actually knows Jesus could EVER imagine Him loving only SOME of us or imposing ETERNAL punishment on ANY of us for any reason. Think about that while you contemplate "what kind of Spirit you are" and what kind of "god"(or Spirit) you are following.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top