Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2009, 10:07 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,432,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
Please do, my master... I confess my sins...LOL What is Full Preterism? And while your at it, tell me about Justification too!
Go to AllThingsFulfilled.com and Eschatology.org

It may take you months to go through the material there, as it did I, but you will get the gist of Full Preterism there.

Now for the Parousia and the ROTD...those I can explain in a couple sentences.

The Parousia is the marriage between the Lamb and the Bride. Rev 19
The ROTD was the complete emptying of Hades, the judgement of the dead based on their works, and destruction of it in the lake of fire. Rev 20
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2009, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Talk about being clueless . . . sciotamicks . . . your understanding of God is incompatible with Jesus. There is no way anyone who actually knows Jesus could EVER imagine Him loving only SOME of us or imposing ETERNAL punishment on ANY of us for any reason. Think about that while you contemplate "what kind of Spirit you are" and what kind of "god"(or Spirit) you are following.
Mystic,

Spare me your new age jargon. I don't have time for it. Go prey on another, your rhetoric is moot with me.

Old 12-09-2009, 10:32 PM

2,526 posts, read 2,936,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Go to AllThingsFulfilled.com and Eschatology.org

It may take you months to go through the material there, as it did I, but you will get the gist of Full Preterism there.

Now for the Parousia and the ROTD...those I can explain in a couple sentences.

The Parousia is the marriage between the Lamb and the Bride. Rev 19
The ROTD was the complete emptying of Hades, the judgement of the dead based on their works, and destruction of it in the lake of fire. Rev 20
Thanks my good friend. I'm going to read up on this and see how it squares with my current views of Amillennialism. I'm usually very cautious when entertaining new doctrinal ideas, particularly if they are a radical departure from the Westminster Confession of Faith (like UR was) so it may take me some time to think through all of it's ramifications. Thank-you again! .

Old 12-09-2009, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Thanks my good friend. I'm going to read up on this and see how it squares with my current views of Amillennialism. I'm usually very cautious when entertaining new doctrinal ideas, particularly if they are a radical departure from the Westminster Confession of Faith (like UR was) so it may take me some time to think through all of it's ramifications. Thank-you again! .
Alabama, Your welcome. And I am sorry if I accused you of UR...I was sorely mistaken, as I am on many occasions. Message boards can be a curse more than a blessing sometimes, and the message gets lost often. I accept your view of Amillenialism.....as I was once there for a while...I embraced Partial Preterism for about two days and went Full after that. The road was long from Hardline Dispy to Amil.....but once I got to Amil...I was accused of Preterism, and it appeared I needed to read more. I stumbled onto William Bell, and everything fell into place....among others.

Full Preterism is not a conversion, but just another view of eschatology.
That's all. But that view, affects much in your view of scripture. It doesn't change your perspective on the good news, it only gets better...because now, I can give away my old clothes I have been saving for the Great Trib, and begin to heal the nations, by spreading the gospel of GOOD NEWS, that Christ did die for all men, and that government will increase, no matter what mankind has to throw at it, and I will be a part of it.

Old 12-09-2009, 11:59 PM

Quote:
How many times do I have to tell you that is not what I believe...LOL That is not why mankind is saved. They are justified by Christ on the cross and are, or will be, regenerated, (saved as you put it), by the Spirit of God, just like you and I. And it ain't my doctrine silly boy! LOL It's way too early to be hitting the bottle you two. Admit it! You guy's do not believe the Gospel!
Alabama...Roll Tide

I am sober...3 years so I don't hit the bottle...I do crave a little weed from time to time, but I never smoke it LOL

My high is Christ...Jesus Christ...and what He did for me. But I just read that you asked about justification...and I missed that. I am sorry.
Like I said...message boards...curse more, less blessing at times.
Real face to face is more effective...the passion is there, the fire and glow around us when we preach is so evident...anyway...I am rambling.

My answer is such:

I abide by the Westminster Confession of Faith on Justification....like you.

I, like you, have the blood of Christ on me, and God sees my sins no more, past present and future, although I must present myself to Him, when I sin, and renew my faith and repentance.

All six points of Chapter 11 I abide by and completely agree with.

Hope that helps!

Old 12-10-2009, 03:25 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,016,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
His people are none other than the church....those that are elected and predestined to receive Christ as Savior. None other.
I know...

Old 12-10-2009, 03:32 AM

Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm
Let me explain how I see that part of salvation. It's actually identical to 5 point Calvinism:

Profession of faith is the outward expression of the inward working of grace by the Holy Spirit. It's the part of sanctification. I break salvation down into a number of distinct parts, if you will, that make up it's whole.

The parts of salvation that are wholly within the sovereignty of God, that man plays no deciding role in whatsoever, are: Foreknowledge, Predestination, Election Justification and Regeneration (the prerequisites to entering the Kingdom).

The part of salvation that man does participate in is his Sanctification which happens over time. Sanctification is where his renewed spirit (Regeneration by the Spirit), now believes in the Gospel, confesses Christ as Lord, performs good works, displays the fruits of the Spirit, etc. The final part of mans salvation will be when he is resurrected in glory to be with God and Christ for ever.

I think most 5 point Calvinists would probably agree with most of that.

Does that help any?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
I agree....

I might add here that Sanctification is also soley of God through His corrections and disciplines...sort of like basic training.....He molds you through experiences whethergood or bad.....

Old 12-10-2009, 03:39 AM

Quote:
Well, I see some common ground here .

To make sure we're still in agreement, and to see if we agree regarding justification, who is being justified (declared righteous) by God:

Rom 8:30 and whom He did fore-appoint, these also He did call; and whom He did call, these also He declared righteous; and whom He declared righteous, these also He did glorify.

Rom 4:5 and to him who is not working, and is believing upon Him who is declaring righteous the impious, his faith is reckoned--to righteousness:

Would you agree that the impious (the sinner) are the ones that were called and justified before God?
Rom 4:5 seems to be saying even if the one is not doing anything for the kingdom, but, still has Faith (believing), that Faith is declared as Righteousness...that would seem to agree with what Paul said that one is not saved by works, lest anyone could boast......in this it gives God all the credit and glory and man has no part in it....but, the indication in this verse is the person is not working, but, has faith and is therefore declared righteous by God....

Old 12-10-2009, 09:00 PM

Quote:
It is a common rebuttal, and it's common for those who do not truly understand where justification comes from. Sinners are declared righteous at the cross by the work of Christ, not by what they do:

Rom 4:25 who was delivered up because of our offences, and was raised up because of our being declared righteous.
He is speaking from the standpoint of the believer, the elect....

Old 12-10-2009, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
doing?????? I said, receiving Christ.

(Romans 3:21–26)

21 But now a righteousness from God, apart from law, has been made known, to which the Law and the Prophets testify. 22 This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference, 23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory
Receiving Christ is a self-action.....When God regenerates your spirit, you can't help but believe...it is all Him...we do nothing for this to happen....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity