Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2009, 12:18 PM

37,336 posts, read 28,045,767 times

Advertisements

Never like the term God does as He pleases , i believe all what He does is for a purpose and that is His good pleasure , and i believe we are His good pleasure.
What purpose would it serve God just to go around doing what the hell He wants ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2009, 12:22 PM

32,529 posts, read 21,830,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
I know Richard but I grew up an arminian and I have to say even though I side with the Calvinistic appraoch interpreting scripture, I can see some valid arminian points dealing with salvation using scripture.
I was saved in an aminiast church, The Fountain Of Life, a pentacostal congregation in Burlington, New Jersey. In 1986. And there theology did not make sense to me, it only did if i just listened to what was being preached, but, when i started reading the Bible for myself i began to become confused because what they were preaching was different from scripture. For instance, speaking in tongues, there are rules to do this in public and there is no such thing as a private prayer language....it was this and other things that led me to search for the truth, God's Truth, not mine, not yours, not man's, but, God's. The doctrine of Predestination helped me to study the Bible in a systematic way. Also, to point out in 1619 or was 1609....the Synod of Dort reject Aminius' Five Point as unscriptural and restated Calvin's Five Points. Arminius' theology comes from Palagius which in the 4th century was considered a heresy. and your support of both Arminius and Calvin makes you a Semi-Palagian, which also, was rejected as a heresy......Does the Bible not say that in the end many will follow unsound Doctrine? Which Doctrine is currently proliferous and which one considered heresy.......makes one wonder.

Old 11-11-2009, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddythreepointoh View Post
Tiget, ANY form of Calvinism is, inherantly, not reasonable or logical. Sorry. That's why I can't see your position...because as I've said, the differences between various forms of Calvinism are just semantics.

Even in your previous post, you still maintain that people are volunteering to go to hell (even if they don't realize it ) and that they would still choose this if hell and heaven were made literally real to them in this life. That is simply NOT reasonable or logical!

I don't get where you are going with the mercy vs. justice question. I don't believe that they are seperate things, and therefore want both, and furthermore will get both--whether I want them or not. God's justice is tempered by His mercy.
what about the scripture that says Christ came to save only the Jews?

Old 11-11-2009, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juj View Post
These are the same horrible human beings whose intrepretation of Calvanism and Bible is being followed. Why would you follow anything that these horrible and depraved humans beings would say and how would you know as a fellow horrible human being that the person had anything truthful to say. No one knows if they are elect or not, so you Calvanist are completely lost. Horrible human beings following the depraved word of horrible human beings with no clear knowledge who is elect or not. Wow, where can I sign up?
You cannot create god in your own image and expect to be glorifying Him. You must be conformed to His image. read the old testament and you will be horrified at what God does...and He is the same today as yesterday as tommorow.

Old 11-11-2009, 12:54 PM

63,387 posts, read 39,647,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Does the Bible not say that in the end many will follow unsound Doctrine? Which Doctrine is currently proliferous and which one considered heresy.......makes one wonder.
It should be something to consider that Revelation suggests the dominant or most prolific doctrine will eventually be the false one of the antiCHRIST. The pedominance of the Jehovah-like God (definitely ANTI-Christ in attributes, attitudes, etc.) . . . as opposed to pure Jesus Christ (love) . . . seems to me to be more in line with that prophesy.

Old 11-11-2009, 12:56 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,497,499 times
A Calvinist vs a mystic who doesn't believe in the words of the bible but the spirit of the words. This is going to be good.

Old 11-11-2009, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Well there are different degrees of Calvinism so you will get conflicting viewpoints. I believe that God predestines those He saves to do His bidding on this planet in His name thus giving Him the glory and gives the rest of humanity every opportunity through His creation, our conscience etc....to know Him and to repent.
The point is they are not going to unless God regenerates their spirit and makes them alive in order to respond to the Gospel. It is not our choosing God but His choosing us.

Old 11-11-2009, 01:01 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,497,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
The point is they are not going to unless God regenerates their spirit and makes them alive in order to respond to the Gospel. It is not our choosing God but His choosing us.
Richard I know. "we love Him because He first loved us" but I do see verses that "contradict". I call these paradoxes like which came first regeneration or repentance?...and I am fine with it. I am at peace with it. I have accepted that we cannot fully comprehend even the basic of doctrines taught to our little ones in Sunday School.

Old 11-11-2009, 01:05 PM

Quote:
If I thought God was only just and no other qualities then I will be heading to hell

Justice is whatever God says no matter how much I disagree or could even abhor it. If God said, it was just for babies to go to hell then it is just. What am I to do. I am bound by scripture.
Amen.

Old 11-11-2009, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
But don't you have an inner sense of justice, that for example tells you "babies going to hell" cannot be justice? Therefore God must not do that?

FYI Scripture does not say that babies go to hell.
but scripture does say that one must Believe and be baptized....how can a baby do this....and scripture does not say that they are exempt from this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity