Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2009, 11:53 PM

2,526 posts, read 2,936,159 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
you are stretching there.....When a criminal is sentenced by a judge the case has been reconciled......in other words, the criminal is getting what he deserves.....and all the Greek definition of apokatallassō says is to reconcile fully, it does not have those other bullets, 2) and 3).....

It says He will reconcile everything, in other words He will put it right, if He were to reconcile the non-believers to Heaven then He has lied about not allowing sin into Heaven.....Learn some deductive reasoning.
But don't you get it? I don't think anyone is suggesting that one can possess eternal life different than anyone else. All will be reconciled in the exact same way, through Christ's death and resurrection and regeneration of the Spirit. In other words, take your doctrine of Calvinism, and it's limited atonement theory, and now apply that theory, with all it's benefits and accomplishments, to all and everyone without exception.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2009, 11:57 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,013,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Richard how can you be so presumptious to make such a comment ? , how could you possibly know ? . Are you judging me by your own lack of ability to recall scripture ?.

I cannot tell you how many times i have read the bible ,i used to devour it,but all i had was head knowledge.
When i first believed i was told by this evangelical brethren based fellowship that i belonged to that i should memorize the scriptures and that i did , but memorizing scriptures means nothing unless the scripture you are reading is revealing Jesus to us.

Did you know in John 14 that Jesus said i will bring to rememberance to things i have spoken to you ?.
God says He will write His Laws on your heart, memorizing scripture is useless, but when you read the scriptures in their entirety as they were ment to be read, as a letter, the meaning of what the writer was trying to convey becomes clearer.......When i was first saved i too was a scripture memorizer and i found myself quoting scripture that had no relevence to the situation, so, after i started studying the scripture as a letter and ignoring the chapters and verses,(as these were inserted sometime in the middle ages, if memory serves) it all started becoming clearer to me.....i've been at this for over 20 years and when i read things or hear people talk, i recognize patterns of error.....I do not bring another Gospel...Christ died for our Sins on the cross and and it is thru His shed blood that i am saved, because i am unable to do it myself....that is the Gospel.....i am not telling you or anyone else that there is another way....God forbid i would lose my mind and do that.........i am just giving the whys and wherefores of scripture thru deductive reasoning.......

Old 11-29-2009, 12:07 AM

2,526 posts, read 2,936,159 times
Quote:
One cannot believe unless God has called him through the quickening of his spirit......plain and simple....and it is pretty obvious thru common experience that not everyone is called.....The Gospel call goes out to everyone, but, only them with ears will hear..........
So your faith is based on common experience? Is that why you don't believe? Because "it's pretty obvious through common experience"? Sounds like David here:

Psa 27:13 I had not believed to look on the goodness of Jehovah In the land of the living!

Well now, what does this say:

Heb 11:1 And faith is of things hoped for a confidence, of matters not seen a conviction,

Heb 11:3 by faith we understand the ages to have been prepared by a saying of God, in regard to the things seen not having come out of things appearing;

Heb 11:6 and apart from faith it is impossible to please well, for it behoveth him who is coming to God to believe that He is, and to those seeking Him He becometh a rewarder.

I don't see anything about believing in God or scripture because it's obvious through common experience, do you?

Old 11-29-2009, 12:14 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,013,938 times
Quote:
You really are on a mission to prove that God does not the world (All of mankind) . The scriptures are so crystal clear that He loves the whole of mankind that a blind man on a galloping horse can see it .

You are contradicting the divine nature and character mate , by your insistence that God chose some for salvation while the rest of mankind He didn't.

This is where you are confusing yourself , yes Jesus came to his own, but his own received him not .

Now open your bible, read Acts and the epistles and see that the gospel was then taken to the gentiles also . It's plain as day , what is wrong with you that you would fight against the truth that God loves all of mankind ?.
I am not saying that He is just saving the Jews, of which i am one, what i am saying is that no one can believe unless God quickens their spirit and we know by common experience that that is not so with everyone........There are people dieing in their sin of unbelief everyday...if God says He calls the elected then that would mean the whole world is elected then that means that you don't have to believe in Christ to be elected.....you are not saved by works and excersizeing faith is a work, so, either God gives you faith which takes it out of your hands and is a work of God or you do it of your own will which is a selfwork......i've been doing this for over 20 years, thru the hebrew, greek, aramaic, the old translations of the bible, the new translations of the bible, the dead sea scrolls, etc....there is not much you can put past me.....in fact i recognize a lot of folks that post here are speaking from a spiritually young state.....i can say this because it sounds like what i used to sound like a long time ago.............

Old 11-29-2009, 04:02 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,270,776 times
Quote:
I am not saying that He is just saving the Jews, of which i am one, what i am saying is that no one can believe unless God quickens their spirit and we know by common experience that that is not so with everyone........There are people dieing in their sin of unbelief everyday...if God says He calls the elected then that would mean the whole world is elected then that means that you don't have to believe in Christ to be elected.....you are not saved by works and excersizeing faith is a work, so, either God gives you faith which takes it out of your hands and is a work of God or you do it of your own will which is a selfwork......i've been doing this for over 20 years, thru the hebrew, greek, aramaic, the old translations of the bible, the new translations of the bible, the dead sea scrolls, etc....there is not much you can put past me.....in fact i recognize a lot of folks that post here are speaking from a spiritually young state.....i can say this because it sounds like what i used to sound like a long time ago.............
Richard your interpretation of the scripture has been refuted time and time again, it would be tedious to keep going over the same ground with you , you say that nothing gets past you , i would 100% disagree with you because there are 3 things blatantly obvious that do, the fact that He is the Savior of All backed fully by the scriptures , the knowledge of His divine nature and character, and the warped belief that God randomly chose certain people for salvation and damnation.
I asked you for just one scripture that clearly says and defines God chose some and not others for Salvation and you have failed to do it , yet you believe such hogwash.
Very nice that you have studied hebrew,greek and aramaic , but you know what it does not impress me at all. You obviously think because you have studied you are superior judging by your closing statement on your post.
In one of my last posts i stated scriptures that quickly came to mind in response to another of your posts and you doubted that i was able to recall scriptures , and here you are boasting that you have studied hebrew, greek and aramaic for 20 years lol, come down from your pedestal.
As a man thinks in his heart so is he and he's also a reflection of the interpretation of the god he believes in .So if you believe God's grace,mercy,and love is limited it would go to say so is yours.

Old 11-29-2009, 06:01 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,692,543 times
Quote:
Richard your interpretation of the scripture has been refuted time and time again, it would be tedious to keep going over the same ground with you , you say that nothing gets past you , i would 100% disagree with you because there are 3 things blatantly obvious that do, the fact that He is the Savior of All backed fully by the scriptures , the knowledge of His divine nature and character, and the warped belief that God randomly chose certain people for salvation and damnation.
I asked you for just one scripture that clearly says and defines God chose some and not others for Salvation and you have failed to do it , yet you believe such hogwash.
Very nice that you have studied hebrew,greek and aramaic , but you know what it does not impress me at all. You obviously think because you have studied you are superior judging by your closing statement on your post.
In one of my last posts i stated scriptures that quickly came to mind in response to another of your posts and you doubted that i was able to recall scriptures , and here you are boasting that you have studied hebrew, greek and aramaic for 20 years lol, come down from your pedestal.
As a man thinks in his heart so is he and he's also a reflection of the interpretation of the god he believes in .So if you believe God's grace,mercy,and love is limited it would go to say so is yours.
Take heed.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965
Gen.12:2-3
2. I will make you a great nation; I will bless you and make your name great;
And you shall be a blessing.
3. I will bless those who bless you, and I will curse him who curses you; and in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed.”

~In thee shall all the families of the earth be blessed. Jesus Christ is the great blessing of the world, the greatest that ever the world possessed. All the true blessedness the world is now, or ever shall be possessed of, is owing to Abram and his posterity. Through them we have a Bible, a Saviour, and a gospel. They are the stock on which the Christian church is grafted.

Last edited by Cyber Munchkin; 11-29-2009 at 07:16 AM..

Old 11-29-2009, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latte'Chic View Post
Take heed.....

3. I will bless those who bless you, and I will curse him who curses you; and in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed.”

~In thee shall all the families of the earth be blessed. Jesus Christ is the great blessing of the world, the greatest that ever the world possessed. All the true blessedness the world is now, or ever shall be possessed of, is owing to Abram and his posterity. Through them we have a Bible, a Saviour, and a gospel. They are the stock on which the Christian church is grafted.
Take Heed ???????? He that is forgiven little loveth little , He that is forgiven much loveth much. If we believe God's grace ,love and mercy is limited then we really do not know ourselves .

Latte You really should be linking your quotes, like the Matthew Henry quote bolded in this post of yours.

Old 11-29-2009, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Take Heed ???????? He that is forgiven little loveth little , He that is forgiven much loveth much. If we believe God's grace ,love and mercy is limited then we really do not know ourselves .

Latte You really should be linking your quotes, like the Matthew Henry quote bolded in this post of yours.
CAREFUL..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965
I am not saying that He is just saving the Jews, of which i am one,

Old 11-29-2009, 06:25 AM

It's the truth and it was Jesus who said it not me, and you are quoting Matthew Henry without putting a link to his quote

Old 11-29-2009, 06:34 AM

Quote:
It's the truth and it was Jesus who said it not me, and you are quoting Matthew Henry without putting a link to his quote
Your avoiding the warning.............one needs to take heed to the given Scripture.

Yet, it is obvious one is trying to find a way to avoid the TRUTH of the warning!

Here's your link....pcamps! You really probably need to read it all..........
http://www.biblegateway.com/resource...Blesses-Christ
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity