Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2009, 06:38 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,016,467 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
2And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.
Temporally....that is where your deductive reasoning fails......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2009, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
No you believe God chose you , you cannot have it both ways
Grow up....

Old 11-29-2009, 06:48 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Temporally....that is where your deductive reasoning fails......
You may believe in a god whose mercy fails but i do not.His mercy endures forever because that's His nature.It's a shame christians cannot believe He is.

Old 11-29-2009, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Grow up....
Grow up ?????????? you believe God chose some for salvation and some for damnation, then in the next breathe you accredit your salvation to you believing in Jesus, and you are telling me to grow up , you have got to be kidding ,

Which one is it ? God chose you for salvation ? or you believed unto salvation ? . I think you need to rethink what you believe , because believing God chose you and believing you are saved because you believed is contradictory.

Last edited by pcamps; 11-29-2009 at 07:12 PM..

Old 11-29-2009, 07:01 PM

2,526 posts, read 2,936,374 times
Quote:
He was not makibg a statement, He was making a point....
I haven't a clue what you are talking about, and I'm not sure you do either ...You sound spiritually constipated my friend...LOL I recommend two doses of the Gospel for this ailment!

Better yet, take a full teaspoon of repentance and then both doses of the Gospel...LOL

Old 11-29-2009, 07:08 PM

Quote:
not Hogwash....So, what if christ hadn't died on the Cross? what then?
But Christ did die and it was foreknown He would before the foundation of the world:

1Pe 1:19 but with precious blood, as of a lamb unblemished and unspotted--Christ's--
1Pe 1:20 foreknown, indeed, before the foundation of the world, and manifested in the last times because of you,

Abraham believed the Gospel just like us. He was saved just like us. And he was not saved by any law or works.

Old 11-29-2009, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Just because you proclaim it to all creation does not mean all creation is going to respond.........
It isn't the proclamation of words that makes it good news, it's what the proclamation tells us was accomplished! My question to you was rhetorical, hoping that it would shame you into seeing what it says. I guess not...LOL Therefore, I'll answer it for you.

Yes, the Gospel is good news for all creation.

And why is that?

Because it is applicable for all, to all creation.

And how so?

Because Christ died for all:

Rom 6:10 For in that He died, He died to sin once for all; but in that He lives, He lives to God.

2Co 5:14 for the love of the Christ doth constrain us, having judged thus: that if one for all died, then the whole died,

Believe it my friend, it's the Gospel and it's true.

Old 11-29-2009, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
It isn't the proclamation of words that makes it good news, it's what the proclamation tells us was accomplished! My question to you was rhetorical, hoping that it would shame you into seeing what it says. I guess not...LOL Therefore, I'll answer it for you.

And why is that?

And how so?

Rom 6:10 For in that He died, He died to sin once for all; but in that He lives, He lives to God.

2Co 5:14 for the love of the Christ doth constrain us, having judged thus: that if one for all died, then the whole died,

Amen Alabama

Old 11-29-2009, 08:19 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,757,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post

And why is that?

And how so?

Indeed, amen ... Praise God for his tender mercies and loving Kindness which never fails ...

Old 11-30-2009, 03:26 AM

Quote:
Don't care about your Buts......

Not absurd, are you one of those folks that think everything applies to you regardless of who the scriptures are being addressed to?...Now, That's absurd....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity