U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 11:11 AM

8,435 posts, read 8,387,998 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
turn the lights out lock the doors get under the bed, works for my cat.
I wish my cat could turn off lights and lock doors! In fact if he could just open the door that would be nice, not to mention use the toilet... I envy you.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2009, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post
Sometimes we as Christians make stupid bad decisions and do the "wrong thing". So what are we to do? How do you fix it? What does God think?

Yeah, I know: were human, stuff happens, and it's hard to walk blameless day after day. But...we are all expected to at least try. We can't use "I'm only human" as an excuse for not trying...

Example: today I screwed up. In a fit of anger, I lost my cool and said something to another that I shouldn't have. The other party involved was pushing all my "wrong" buttons, provoking me, but still I should have kept my tongue. I didn't. I let him have it with "both barrels".
Now I regret what I did, and will have to somehow repair the damage I caused. His parting words were something like "some Christian YOU are!!!" He's right on that count: very bad example on my part...what I did was wrong.
It's like I moved forward a step yesterday, but then slid back three today. Why do I tell you? Because...the Bible says to confess your faults one to another... (James 5:16) It doesn't say "cover it up and hide it"...it says confess your faults...
Maybe the next time this situation comes up, I will have learned how to handle it better...

Bud
Hey don't make excuses.. God doesn't care that you made the mistake.. God cares what you do with the realization of the mistake.. Don't beat yourself up. Christ came to make us free not so that we could be burdened with guilt. It is done. Now apologize and move on. It is only the ego that will suffer and you have obviously learned from the mistake.. that is not to say it won't happen again, but hey.. if you beat yourself up then you can't love yourself and if you can't love yourself then you can't love your neighbor as yourself.

So apologize and move on. If you hold onto the guilt it will be a stumbling block for your relationship with God and others. IMHO

Old 10-21-2009, 11:57 AM

1,895 posts, read 4,040,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Hey don't make excuses.. God doesn't care that you made the mistake.. God cares what you do with the realization of the mistake.. Don't beat yourself up. Christ came to make us free not so that we could be burdened with guilt. It is done. Now apologize and move on. It is only the ego that will suffer and you have obviously learned from the mistake.. that is not to say it won't happen again, but hey.. if you beat yourself up then you can't love yourself and if you can't love yourself then you can't love your neighbor as yourself.

So apologize and move on. If you hold onto the guilt it will be a stumbling block for your relationship with God and others. IMHO
And, more importantly, don't allow others to beat you up......you know, those "helpful" so-called Christians who see everyone's sin except their own.

Old 10-21-2009, 02:56 PM

2,739 posts, read 7,643,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
turn the lights out lock the doors get under the bed, works for my cat.

Umm....ok. Bwaa..hah...haa...hah....haaaaaa!

Thanks Huck...I needed a laugh...

Bud

Last edited by BudinAk; 10-21-2009 at 03:06 PM..

Old 10-21-2009, 03:05 PM

2,739 posts, read 7,643,856 times
I didn't get a chance to read all the replies before I went and called the guy this morning. I apologized for my irrational outburst, and being a "total jerk" (my words, not his) I fully expected to be lambasted and have my character attacked all over again. I mean, I had prepared myself not to return "evil for evil", but to keep a watch over my mouth. To my surprise, he immediately apologized to me for the way he acted too.

Isn't it cool how these things work out, if you do the right thing after a screw-up?

We both got a laugh when he said he hardly slept last night mulling over the confrontation. I said "me too....I hardly slept a wink..." I had spent the entire night tossing and turning, with my mind running full speed 100mph...LOL! And the source of the bickering has been addressed too. God showed me in my "sleep" (what little I got) what to do and what to say to fix the issue.

Yahoooo....problem all gone!

Thanks to all for the caring, suggestions, and prayers! Going to go right down the line and rep ya'll (as many as it will let me)

Yawn. Bud very tired and sleepy now....

Old 10-21-2009, 03:43 PM

Quote:
I didn't get a chance to read all the replies before I went and called the guy this morning. I apologized for my irrational outburst, and being a "total jerk" (my words, not his) I fully expected to be lambasted and have my character attacked all over again. I mean, I had prepared myself not to return "evil for evil", but to keep a watch over my mouth. To my surprise, he immediately apologized to me for the way he acted too.

Isn't it cool how these things work out, if you do the right thing after a screw-up?

We both got a laugh when he said he hardly slept last night mulling over the confrontation. I said "me too....I hardly slept a wink..." I had spent the entire night tossing and turning, with my mind running full speed 100mph...LOL! And the source of the bickering has been addressed too. God showed me in my "sleep" (what little I got) what to do and what to say to fix the issue.

Thanks to all for the caring, suggestions, and prayers! Going to go right down the line and rep ya'll (as many as it will let me)

So happy it all worked out! God is good!

Old 10-21-2009, 03:51 PM

20,299 posts, read 15,647,071 times
Quote:
Sometimes we as Christians make stupid bad decisions and do the "wrong thing". So what are we to do? How do you fix it? What does God think?

Yeah, I know: were human, stuff happens, and it's hard to walk blameless day after day. But...we are all expected to at least try. We can't use "I'm only human" as an excuse for not trying...

Example: today I screwed up. In a fit of anger, I lost my cool and said something to another that I shouldn't have. The other party involved was pushing all my "wrong" buttons, provoking me, but still I should have kept my tongue. I didn't. I let him have it with "both barrels".
Now I regret what I did, and will have to somehow repair the damage I caused. His parting words were something like "some Christian YOU are!!!" He's right on that count: very bad example on my part...what I did was wrong.
It's like I moved forward a step yesterday, but then slid back three today. Why do I tell you? Because...the Bible says to confess your faults one to another... (James 5:16) It doesn't say "cover it up and hide it"...it says confess your faults...
Maybe the next time this situation comes up, I will have learned how to handle it better...

Bud
To the person you wronged. Not to the entire world!!!

Old 10-21-2009, 03:57 PM

5,925 posts, read 5,683,225 times
Quote:

Bud

Hey welcome to being human, do your best, God loves ya.

Old 10-21-2009, 09:20 PM

580 posts, read 632,167 times
God is Good in You! See, he had it all under control.
God Bless Bud.

Old 10-24-2009, 10:54 AM

5,733 posts, read 4,582,717 times
Quote:

Yay Bud! (sorry if that sounds lame... it's what popped in my mind as I read this.. lol.)

Glad everything worked out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or