Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2009, 09:40 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,658,642 times

Advertisements

In another thread we were discussing Faith and Works...and this post by DaltonG stood out for me...Thank you DaltonG...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltonG
No that is not it at all. He is addressing a group who is trying to say that faith alone saves James 2:14 "Can faith alone save him?" then verses 15-26 say no way you vain fool faith without works is dead.
James 2:10-14 does, in fact, explain to us that our relationship with God is based totally upon obedience. If there is no obedience, there can be no relationship. Our God, Who is altogether holy, pure and undefiled, cannot be joined together as one in covenant relationship with those who are disobedient and rebellious. Disobedience and rebellion cut off communication and separates us from God.

Today, I want us to take a look at James 2:, verses 17 through 26...to support what DaltonG expressed in his post.

Our Will Is The Key To Restoration.

James 2:

17) Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.
18) Yes, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: show me faith without thy works, and I will show thee my faith by my works.
19) Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe. and tremble.
20) But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?
21) Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?
22) Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works waqs faith made perfect?
23) And the Scripture was fulfilled which saith. Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.
24) Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.
25) Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them another way?
26) For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.
God has been teaching us by His Spirit and equipping us for war. Now it is MOBILIZING TIME...RESTORATION TIME!

God planned during this time for restoration for His people to be strong, mature, spiritual warriors who exercise the full power of their wills to defeat Satan in their lives; to take dominion and authority over Satan's power; and to fulfill His will on earth as they witness, teach, lay hands on the sick and cast out devils.

Many Christians are still waiting for God to take away certain harmful habits, or deliver them from certain strongholds of the mind (such as fear, bitterness, anger, etc.) and set them free from physical, financial, and family problems. They do not know how Satan is attacking their wills, or how to use their wills as a weapon against his attacks...and so they give up.

But God gave us the power and ability as born-again children of God, and He is waiting for us to exercise the power of our wills to take authority over these things by faith and bring them under submission to the Word of God. We must release our faith to move into action before we can tear down Satan's strongholds in our lives.

Your will is a powerful force that God gave you which determines the course of your life. You alone are responsible for your actions. You alone have the power over your will. You alone have the power of your free will to choose your own destiny...the power of life and death, victory and defeat. You alone must exercise your will to experience restoration in your life BY FAITH. Remember, FAITH IS A FACT...BUT FAITH IS AN ACT. Faith does NOT come alive UNTIL YOU PUT IT INTO ACTION...and before you can move into action YOU MUST EXERCISE YOUR WILL.

In verse 26, James compares faith without works (action) to a lifeless corpse whose spirit has left his body. Just as man's physical body cannot function without his spirit...it cannot breathe, think or move; neither can faith function...it is lifeless...inoperative...without some type of action.

Are you willing to receive restoration in your life? The choice is yours.

In Christ,
Verna.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity