U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 02:36 PM

7 posts, read 8,043 times

Advertisements

Thank you for your prayer. It means more to me than you can know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2009, 02:37 PM

Thank you so, so much.

Old 10-21-2009, 02:46 PM

5,261 posts, read 6,238,378 times
Dear CLBMo...Bless your heart...

I would be honored to pray for you, your husband, your child...and the little one to come. My heart goes out to you...

If I may...

...try to "see" God in it, o.k? If you can see God working in this, and see He is in control, you will be strengthened. He is in control, and sometimes what we see as a negative, God sees it as a positive. Try to see the big picture...that there are "things" that need to be cleaned up...and God, in His infinite wisdom, knows just exactly what it's going to take to make these things better...I will pray that His will be done in your life precious soul...Take care of yourself.

He will never leave you nor forsake you.

Love,
Verna.

Old 10-21-2009, 02:50 PM

2,739 posts, read 7,647,266 times
Praying for you, your husband, your daughter, and the little one to come...

Bud

Old 10-21-2009, 04:03 PM

4,309 posts, read 5,454,539 times
I will, and I understand your pain. Please, DM me. Your sister in Christ Jesus.

Old 10-21-2009, 10:21 PM

1,405 posts, read 2,110,227 times
I can feel your pain as I read thsi post, I will keep you in my prayers.

There is a website, google it, it is called Rejoice Ministries, I think you may be able to find comfort and guidance there.

Here is something I wanted to share with you. God Bless You today and always,

I AM STANDING FOR THE HEALING OF MY MARRIAGE!... I will not give up, give in, give out or give over 'til that healing takes place. I made a vow, I said the words, I gave the pledge, I gave a ring, I took a ring, I gave myself, I trusted GOD, and said the words, and meant the words... in sickness and in health, in sorrow and in joy, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in good times and in bad...so I am standing NOW, and will not sit down, let down, slow down, calm down, fall down, look down or be down 'til the breakdown is torn down!

I refuse to put my eyes on outward circumstances, or listen to prophets of doom, or buy into what is trendy, worldly, popular, convenient, easy, quick, thrifty, or advantageous... nor will I settle for a cheap imitation of God's real thing, nor will I seek to lower God's standard, twist God's will, rewrite God's word, violate God's covenant, or accept what God hates, namely divorce!

In a world of filth, I will stay pure; surrounded by lies I will speak the truth; where hopelessness abounds, I will hope in God: where revenge is easier, I will bless instead of curse; and where the odds are stacked against me, I will trust in God's faithfulness.

I am a STANDER, and I will not acquiesce, compromise, quarrel or quit.. I have made the choice, set my face, entered the race, believed the Word, and trusted God for all the outcome.

I will allow neither the reaction of my spouse, nor the urging of my friends, nor the advice of my loved ones, nor economic hardship, nor the prompting of the devil to make me let up, slow up, blow up, or give up 'til my marriage is healed.

- Author Unknown

Old 10-22-2009, 06:47 AM

14,078 posts, read 17,047,885 times
Don't give up hope just yet.

We went through a similar period when we divorced after 30 years of marriage. It was difficult for both of us, but God knew what He was doing by allowing it.

Yes, He allowed it. He did not direct it or cause it to happen (I did that), but He did let us both go off in our own free-will. The separation lasted 2 years.

During that time, we were both forced to confront ourselves and how we'd allowed what had been a good union to dissolve into what it had become. For me, personally, I came down to the point of holding a shotgun and contemplating ending the pain (there were other things at work too). In other words, I came to the bottom, where I had no other choice than to look up for my redemption. So did my wife.

In the end, we were restored and our lives were increased immeasurably. Like Job, we got back more than we lost, much more.

Here's the hard part, though....God may not deliver y'all as He did us. While He never ordains divorce (except in cases of infidelity and even then, it's not His will), He does allow it to happen because He does allow us our free will, in spite of the pain that often causes. Of course, He also chastises Believers when their free-will leads them astray, but that may or may not apply to y'all as it did to us. Are you willing to accept that He may not restore your marriage, that He may let your husband go? Or, let you go? That's where the rubber of faith meets the road; the surrender of our will to His.

But, even that is not hopeless. During my 60 years, I've found that no matter what has happened in my life, no matter how many times I've strayed or caused enormous pain to others, in the end, it all worked out to make me who I am today. My life, and yours, is a tapestry woven by God from his Will, and the circumstances He allowed to develop, in order to create the very person I am right now and make me useable now and in the future for what He intends to accomplish. Without all that having happened, I would not now be who He wanted me to be all along and would not now be in service to Him the way I am. "ALL THINGS work for good in the lives of those who love the Lord and are called to His purpose." That is more true than you can even imagine right now in your pain.

All you can do now is to lay it all at the foot of the Cross and leave it there. Don't pick it back up and worry with it. Trust that God will use whatever happens to benefit not only Himself, but you and your husband as well. You cannot see the future, but He can. You cannot control either the future or the actions of other people, but He can. Rely on that and nothing else.

In the Old Testament, the word translated into the English word "faith" isn't used but two times. In both instances, it means to trust in that which is trustworthy, in context, it means to trust in God because He has proven Himself trustworthy. Cling to that definition of faith and let it go.

Old 10-22-2009, 02:48 PM

723 posts, read 858,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLBMo View Post
I would like to request prayer for my marriage. My husband left last weekend and says he doesn't know if he he wants to come back. We have been married less than a year and are expecting a baby in February. We also have a amazing, Christ-filled, 11-year-old daughter from earlier in my life. My husband has left before and come back, but last time he said he would never come back if he left again. This time, though, he isn't saying it is over like he did before, just that he doesn't know and he has to "figure things out" or "sort things out." He will hardly talk to me, but I know from his family that he says he has to figure things out about God and church; he was raised in a Christian family but hasn't lived as he should the last several years. I know that he believes he is called to preach, but hasn't been ready to give up some things he would have to let go of in order to get things right with God (drinking, etc.). I love my husband and I am trying to have faith in God, but I am really struggling. I know there are things that I need to change, too. I am praying that God will change me however He needs. I would appreciate any prayers you would give on our behalf. Thank you so much. God bless.
Will definately pray for you and the family!! Good luck!!

GOD BLESS!!!
ALMOST2L8

Old 10-26-2009, 09:27 AM

Thank you all for your encouragement. I am trying to cling to my faith in God. My husband has not said that he will not come home, but that he is afraid that things will not change (rough spots). He said that he has to decide to come home and try again. He is young, but he was raised in a Christian household, and that is a blessing. I'm doing my best to not be discouraged and fearful, but it is difficult. I know that he still loves us; he told me so over the weekend. He is confused and satan does not want us to be together.

Thank you so much for all of your prayers and encouragement. You are a blessing.

God bless you all.

Old 10-26-2009, 11:33 AM

2,514 posts, read 5,179,153 times
You are in my prayers as well. There is power in prayer! If you'll PM me, I have a book I'd like to email you. Also, is there anyone you could talk to for encouragement?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity