U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 05:06 PM

2,739 posts, read 7,641,558 times

Advertisements

Here's tough "homework", for those gutsy enough to accept it:

Your assignment:
Spend 5min in earnest prayer a day, for someone on this forum who irritates/irks you the most. Yeah, that one. The one you dislike the most of all. The one who causes you the most grief. The one who's a real pain in the rear for you, and leaves a frown on your face. (if you can't think of anyone, then congratulations: you're perfect )

Judging from recent posts, there should be plenty to pick from, but don't mention any names...it'll just be between you and God. For....hmmm....let's say 7 days. Then come back and report if it made any difference. Just a simple "yes, it worked", or "no...nothing has happpened" is all I'm looking for. And a "I changed", "they changed", or "we both changed" would be helpful too. No names...this is just kind of a self-test. I'm kinda curious about the actual numbers, so I'm gonna do it. I bet I'm already on somebody's list...LOL!

We've all been so hard on each other, beating each other up on almost a daily basis, it will be a refreshing turnaround if all of a sudden we are praying for each other instead...

(praying for more than one is ok too) Any takers?
(If you accept, then you gotta come back here in a week and report what you've learned...)

I'll be out of town next W,T,F, so it'll be a little longer for my feedback, but I'll be back...

Hmmm...let's see....who bugs me the most????????

Bud

Last edited by BudinAk; 10-21-2009 at 05:24 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2009, 05:11 PM

19,022 posts, read 24,678,000 times
Is there a way to make the atheists do this?

I'm 100% sure every one of them finds the Antlered stud disgusting

Old 10-21-2009, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Is there a way to make the atheists do this?

I'm 100% sure every one of them finds the Antlered stud disgusting

Bud says: Hmmm...you might outta pick one of them athiests for your target...

Old 10-21-2009, 05:17 PM

15,004 posts, read 7,530,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post
Spend 5min in earnest prayer a day, for someone on this forum who irritates/irks you the most. Yeah, that one. The one you dislike the most of all. The one who's a real pain in the rear for you, and leaves a frown on your face.

Aw, bummer. That means no one will be praying for me.

If I promise to be really annoying, will someone pick me?

Old 10-21-2009, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Aw, bummer. That means no one will be praying for me.

If I promise to be really annoying, will someone pick me?

You have to annoy us first...and be a better "annoyer" than all the rest of the annoyers....

Oh wait....what am I saying?

Old 10-21-2009, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post
Bud says: Hmmm...you might outta pick one of them athiests for your target...

There is a certain wild animal who will be more than happy to devour me to shreds if I ever dare enter the forest where she prowls

Old 10-21-2009, 05:52 PM

1,895 posts, read 4,039,360 times
Quote:
There is a certain wild animal who will be more than happy to devour me to shreds if I ever dare enter the forest where she prowls
I'm happy. I just saw that there's an "Ignore List" option - I wasn't even aware of that! Yay! Praise the Lord and pass the Twinkies.....

Old 10-21-2009, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundance View Post
I'm happy. I just saw that there's an "Ignore List" option - I wasn't even aware of that! Yay! Praise the Lord and pass the Twinkies.....
Don't you ever dare put me on ignore, Sundance <Tony goes on hunger strike unto death>

Old 10-21-2009, 05:58 PM

1,895 posts, read 4,039,360 times
Quote:
Don't you ever dare put me on ignore, Sundance <Tony goes on hunger strike unto death>
Oh, I won't - promise!

Old 10-21-2009, 06:00 PM

3,540 posts, read 5,959,041 times
How nice.
I can go to bed tonight knowing there will be scores of people praying for me.

(BTW: Great post )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity