U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 10:48 AM

8,989 posts, read 12,452,213 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by christygrl View Post
a voice of reason....how very refreshing.
The sin of pride etc... causes arguments and separation of the body of Christ, if you don't have the truth then you are not a part of the body.

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 10-22-2009 at 11:04 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2009, 11:44 AM

8,435 posts, read 8,389,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
The sin of pride etc... causes arguments and separation of the body of Christ, if you don't have the truth then you are not a part of the body.
What is the truth, Fundamentalist?

Old 10-22-2009, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
What is the truth, Fundamentalist?

The truth is that you and I do not share the same truth.

Old 10-22-2009, 11:51 AM

4,883 posts, read 5,118,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb64282 View Post
agree, but different people seem to receive different 'truths' spiritually, so what I mean is, it seems to be on personal levels.....and if different 'truths' are received, then the concept of truth (God wise) is pluralized throughout the world and is therefore not 'truth' but rather a personal 'truth' and thereby an illusion of 'truth' however, you could see it like, truth behind illusions of truth so to say.
EXACTLY!! Why is it that more people don't realize this I wonder?

Old 10-22-2009, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
EXACTLY!! Why is it that more people don't realize this I wonder?
Exactly what???!! Truth is truth, it either is or it isn't.

Old 10-22-2009, 12:00 PM

30,195 posts, read 19,981,427 times
Quote:
The truth is that you and I do not share the same truth.
Truth isn't something written on a piece of paper

Jesus said He is the Truth .

What did He mean by this ?

Answer that He was the reality of God , this is why He said to Phillip if you have seen me you have seen the Father.

5Thomas said to him, "Lord, we don't know where you are going, so how can we know the way?"

6Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. 7If you really knew me, you would know[b] my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him." (The way the truth and the life is Jesus not a doctrine)
8Philip said, "Lord, show us the Father and that will be enough for us." 9Jesus answered: "Don't you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father'? 10Don't you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you are not just my own. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work. 11Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the miracles themselves. 12I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. 13And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father. 14You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.

Old 10-22-2009, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Truth isn't something written on a piece of paper
Quote:
(The way the truth and the life is Jesus not a doctrine)

What about on a computer which you just did........

Jesus being the truth IS a doctrine. Congrats you just created something you hate. Truth is the truth, ie either is or it isn't

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 10-22-2009 at 12:17 PM..

Old 10-22-2009, 12:19 PM

4,883 posts, read 5,118,745 times
Quote:
Exactly what???!! Truth is truth, it either is or it isn't.
You are sadly mistaken about that Fundy...and maybe one day you will realize that.

Each of us mature at different spiritual levels...some are still on the step of the simple faith, the "milk" of the Gospel, Christ crucified...while others have moved on to the "solid meat" or the higher spiritual truths of the Gospel.

This doesn't mean that your truth isn't valid....it is just valid for you at this time. When God prompts you to look for the deeper spiritual meaning of the scriptures instead of just the literal letter of them...you will then realize what I am speaking of.

Old 10-22-2009, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
You are sadly mistaken about that Fundy...and maybe one day you will realize that.

Each of us mature at different spiritual levels...some are still on the step of the simple faith, the "milk" of the Gospel, Christ crucified...while others have moved on to the "solid meat" or the higher spiritual truths of the Gospel.

This doesn't mean that your truth isn't valid....it is just valid for you at this time. When God prompts you to look for the deeper spiritual meaning of the scriptures instead of just the literal letter of them...you will then realize what I am speaking of.
Quote:

This doesn't mean that your truth isn't valid....it is just valid for you at this time.
So now truth is relative? Truth is absolute.

You are confusing the existence of truth with spiritual immaturity. That doesn't negate that truth is still truth. It's true there are Christians who are just growing and learning as we ALL are but truth is still truth.

Old 10-22-2009, 12:32 PM

30,195 posts, read 19,981,427 times
Quote:
What about on a computer which you just did........

Shakes head in disbelief.

Jesus being the truth IS a doctrine. Congrats you just created something you hate. Truth is the truth, ie either is or it isn't
Jesus clearly states He is the truth and you say truth is a doctrine. Truth is the reality of God Fundy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, not a doctrine.
Truth is not what is on the computer or in between leather bound covers .

Search for in them you think you have eternal , but they are they which testify of me (The Truth,The reality of God) . In other words the scriptures testify that Jesus is the Truth, the exact representation of His being.

You see Fundy this is where you are going all wrong .

Eternal life is not in the written word it's 3Now this is eternal life: that they may know you,(not what's written on a piece of paper or a computer screen) the only true God, and Jesus Christ(The Truth, The reality of God, the exact representation of His being), whom you have sent. John 17
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity