Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 09:00 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,566,328 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
Ah, now this ^ would seem to make sense, even to the 'likes of June!'

*sigh of relief*
and yet not correct...sorry but I had to say it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2009, 09:03 AM

7,996 posts, read 12,275,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
They really don't have anything to do with each other

June I believe the law is done with for Christians but it doesn't mean we can sin but when we surrender and put our trust in Him then we want to keep the law because now we love Him and want to please Him, the law was for the individual to make them realize they are a sinner and in need of a saviour therefore it brings us to the cross on bended knees and we surrender to Christ but it also humbles the Christian.
Question from June:

I'm confused. On the one hand you state "I believe the law is done with for Christians" yet then say "When we surrender and put our trust in Him then we want to keep the law."

???

Signed,

The Ever Confused

Old 10-22-2009, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
Question from June:

I'm confused. On the one hand you state "I believe the law is done with for Christians" yet then say "When we surrender and put our trust in Him then we want to keep the law."

???

Signed,

The Ever Confused
The Law has so many meanings first and foremost the Law was used to drive the "proud" sinners to the cross and be humbled but when someone becomes saved then the law takes on a whole new humbling meaning, the law is a constant reminder of why we need a savior, The law shows us the freedom from a futile legalistic lifestyle we now have in Christ, the law constantly humbles us as Christians when we get a little to prideful because we couldn't do it on our own, the law is there to help us grow in holiness, when we are saved, truely growing and have the Holy Spirit dwell in us then we automatically keep the 10 commandments and now we want to keep it not out of fear but out of love. We do things to please Him because we want to.

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 10-22-2009 at 09:26 AM..

Old 10-22-2009, 09:12 AM

8,175 posts, read 6,925,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Don't feel bad that you just don't get it because there are a lot of Christians that "just don't get it"...they think if they follow all the rules and commandments that they are somehow pleasing God...it's not their fault...it's just the way they've been taught. All of Gods commandments can be summed up into one thing...LOVE.

What some don't understand is that when God calls us or draws us to Himself, He instills in us a new heart and along with Gods Spirit working in us we can change into the people God has called us to be...we can be One with God. Where faith comes in is where we have to surrender "ALL" to God and have complete trust and faith in Him to change us...for we cannot do it on our own. God instills in us his spiritual Law...it is written in our hearts...following Gods commandments come and they all boil down to LOVE. This type of love is not your ordinary "I'm in love" love....this is pure and umblemished Godly love. Imagine the love you have for your children....God's love is more infinite than that. If we truly surrender ourselves over to God to change us, we will see the world as God sees the world, we will see people as God sees people...this is not easy to achieve nor is it instant, contrary to what some teach. Walking in love has to be done day by day....some days we fail and others we don't...it is a long learning process, God is our teacher and he will try and test us everyday and as we learn we grow and will be one step closer to perfection and being One with God.
YES!!! I was all set to write out a reply, (because this is one of my favorite subjects to talk about!) Probably because when I finally "got it!"... it was such a defining moment.

Just want to say ChristyGrl... you summed it up very well.

Old 10-22-2009, 09:15 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,212,046 times
Quote:
and yet not correct...sorry but I had to say it.
What do you disagree with Fundy?

Old 10-22-2009, 09:17 AM

Quote:
What do you disagree with Fundy?
Your universalist views of the law, we do not have the same understanding nor the same God.

Old 10-22-2009, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
YES!!! I was all set to write out a reply, (because this is one of my favorite subjects to talk about!) Probably because when I finally "got it!"... it was such a defining moment.

Just want to say ChristyGrl... you summed it up very well.
When God gives me knowledge...I like to spread the wealth!

Have a Blessed Day!

Old 10-22-2009, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Your universalist views of the law, we do not have the same understanding nor the same God.
Hmmm...I did not see any mention of Universalism in my post...did you?

You really need to work on your judgmental attitude Fundy...

Old 10-22-2009, 09:29 AM

8,175 posts, read 6,925,948 times
The Law and Love:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/10798561-post2.html

I believe one of the points of this life is to discover who our Creator is. To discover His nature. If you were born in the light, how would you ever truly understand what it was, if there was no contrast? I think this world is temporary (what is seen is temporary, what is unseen is eternal) to teach us by contrast what/who God really is. God is love. We need to learn. I also think that evil needs to just be exhausted once and for all, shown for what it truly is. What is evil? Ignorance of love. Since God IS love.... basically it's an ignorance of God. Turn on a light in a dark room, what happens? The darkness flees.

I'll say it again. God doesn't see labels. He sees the heart.
Some of those claiming to know God, know very little of Him.
Some who claim to NOT know God, actually know a lot more about Him than they think.

For me, having faith is believing the best about God. And knowing that I'm safe in His hands. That no matter what happens... I'm going to get through it. That no matter what happens, I need not FEAR. Not for myself, not for any human being on this planet... because I have faith in His goodness, in His mercy. I have faith that His plan for us is 100% perfect and not a single person is outside of that plan. He IS the Good Shepherd who leaves the 99 in order to go in search of the ONE that is lost. This is why I have faith. Because HE is good. Because HE is love. He's not just lovING. HE IS LOVE. Perfect love casts out all fear.
There is no fear in love. This is a very profound statement. Most people say it flippantly and don't really think about it. Why is there no fear in LOVE? Because there doesn't NEED to be.

peace.

Old 10-22-2009, 09:32 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Don't feel bad that you just don't get it because there are a lot of Christians that "just don't get it"...they think if they follow all the rules and commandments that they are somehow pleasing God...it's not their fault...it's just the way they've been taught. All of Gods commandments can be summed up into one thing...LOVE.

What some don't understand is that when God calls us or draws us to Himself, He instills in us a new heart and along with Gods Spirit working in us we can change into the people God has called us to be...we can be One with God. Where faith comes in is where we have to surrender "ALL" to God and have complete trust and faith in Him to change us...for we cannot do it on our own. God instills in us his spiritual Law...it is written in our hearts...following Gods commandments come and they all boil down to LOVE. This type of love is not your ordinary "I'm in love" love....this is pure and umblemished Godly love. Imagine the love you have for your children....God's love is more infinite than that. If we truly surrender ourselves over to God to change us, we will see the world as God sees the world, we will see people as God sees people...this is not easy to achieve nor is it instant, contrary to what some teach. Walking in love has to be done day by day....some days we fail and others we don't...it is a long learning process, God is our teacher and he will try and test us everyday and as we learn we grow and will be one step closer to perfection and being One with God.
Amen Christy .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity