Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 05:11 PM

1,243 posts, read 2,808,724 times

Advertisements

aawwwww that's so wonderful! Very sweet. I was referring to the pope's 'new' book, although it's been out a while, didn't he write an encyl. not too long ago and publish it in book form?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2009, 05:12 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,708,171 times
The Pope can have a sense of humour and extend the invitation to the Adventists and the like, instead

The Anglicans have always been Catholic Lite anyway. They don't go by the crazy ramblings of some 19th century woman.

Old 10-22-2009, 05:15 PM

5,493 posts, read 7,333,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb64282 View Post
aawwwww that's so wonderful! Very sweet. I was referring to the pope's 'new' book, although it's been out a while, didn't he write an encyl. not too long ago and publish it in book form?
Got me? I'm still trying to finish John Pauls " Theology of the Body"

I thought you may have been speaking of St Benedict and the monastic life.

Old 10-22-2009, 05:35 PM

4,437 posts, read 4,865,092 times
This news of recent days that Rome is bending over backwards to accomodate the Anglican schismatics who are unhappy about gender issues surely must give the lie to any pretence that these men who control the show are seriously interested in the pursuit of truth anymore. They are playing a simple "political game" — endeavouring to recruit like-minded souls who conform to their own "political" agendas. When the leadership begins expending as much energy seeking to reach out to the 86% who have become disaffected within their own ranks perhaps we might begin to take them seriously once again?

Old 10-22-2009, 05:40 PM

1,243 posts, read 2,808,724 times
Now that sounds cool, but no I wasn't. Aww, I love JP! Good pope, I hope they make him a saint. I wish I had a Church, it would be wrong of me to go though. Fate dealt me a very strange hand. Luckily I don't really feel I need one to be happy anymore. I think I'm going to stop referring to myself as Catholic for language issues, I mean, I don't go to mass anymore, I support the ordination of women and gay rights, I don't believe in eternal torment, although do think eternal life might be limited to only some, but hopefully not, I question the cost of organized religion sometimes, I wasn't even married in the Church, it's all really opposite of me collectively speaking. I just happened to enjoy it immensely for a while. Catholic laity are definitely my fave though, Catholics are so cool and chill.

Old 10-22-2009, 06:28 PM

5,493 posts, read 7,333,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb64282 View Post
Now that sounds cool, but no I wasn't. Aww, I love JP! Good pope, I hope they make him a saint. I wish I had a Church, it would be wrong of me to go though. Fate dealt me a very strange hand. Luckily I don't really feel I need one to be happy anymore. I think I'm going to stop referring to myself as Catholic for language issues, I mean, I don't go to mass anymore, I support the ordination of women and gay rights, I don't believe in eternal torment, although do think eternal life might be limited to only some, but hopefully not, I question the cost of organized religion sometimes, I wasn't even married in the Church, it's all really opposite of me collectively speaking. I just happened to enjoy it immensely for a while. Catholic laity are definitely my fave though, Catholics are so cool and chill.

your pretty cool too

Old 10-22-2009, 07:57 PM

3,067 posts, read 4,102,257 times
I have always felt sad for what happened to the Anglican Church...

Perhaps this move to bring in more Anglicans into the Roman church might be good in the long run for the Anglicans too.

Perhaps it might show just what an error the church has fallen into

Old 10-25-2009, 05:42 AM

168 posts, read 378,440 times
I was baptized melkite (greek catholic). Our ancestors used to be greek orthdox before they converted to catholic a long time ago. In our rite men who were allready married can still become priests and we in fact do have married priests. Other then that there is no other difference between our mass and the roman catholic mass. I have been going to roman catholic mass my whole life. The nearest melkite church is at least an hour from me lol.

Old 10-25-2009, 04:35 PM

2,170 posts, read 2,860,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNick View Post
Pope’s Anglican Move May Prompt ‘Flood’ of Converts, Group Says - Bloomberg.com

Definitely seems to be a good move to bring back the Anglican Church. Though most of them are already to far gone.
Many are indeed too far gone but I applaud the effort by His Holiness to bring people back in to Communion with the One True Church.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity