U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-06-2009, 07:20 PM
 
Location: RV Park
7,544 posts, read 11,579,456 times
Reputation: 4468

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Because.. none of them state that Jesus is God. Not one will say anything close to it. It was a secret apparently.
And I beheld, and I heard the voice of many angels round about the throne and the beasts and the elders: and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands;

Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing! And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever! (Rev 5:11-13)

He's God's Son, and He's worthy! Why the bickering??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-06-2009, 09:32 PM
 
7,374 posts, read 7,212,493 times
Reputation: 892
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
And I beheld, and I heard the voice of many angels round about the throne and the beasts and the elders: and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands;

Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing! And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever! (Rev 5:11-13)

He's God's Son, and He's worthy! Why the bickering??

I don't understand why Isa 9:6 is not evidence enough that Christ is God ...

Isa 9:6
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.



Who else could this be referring to if not Christ? And it plainly states his name will be "mighty God" and "everlasting(olam) fathe"r or "father of the ages" ...

Also ...



Jhn 1:1-3
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

...

Jhn 1:14
And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.



Not to mention many other verses that speak of the fact that Christ not only pre-existed the creation, but was himself the creator ...

What other evidence is needed to prove his deity, and why aren't these evidences enough?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-07-2009, 12:13 AM
 
Location: Florida
595 posts, read 713,843 times
Reputation: 266
I totally agree!!! In Christ, Dave (Das)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-07-2009, 03:54 AM
 
Location: Indianapolis
4,325 posts, read 5,141,315 times
Reputation: 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
With all due respect, you're wanting to use the "material world" to prove the Book of Faith wrong? The material world will always counter, that's why we're told that without faith, it's impossible to please God.
No, you misunderstood what I said. When you step past the material (the book you so proudly worship) you will see that Love, Divine Love, God's very essence, will show you Truth. When you have that in your soul, and it changes you from mortal to immortal, you will then know that Love is the redeemer and not any one person. Divine Love saves you from sin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-07-2009, 03:59 AM
 
Location: Indianapolis
4,325 posts, read 5,141,315 times
Reputation: 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
I don't understand why Isa 9:6 is not evidence enough that Christ is God ...

Isa 9:6
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.



Who else could this be referring to if not Christ? And it plainly states his name will be "mighty God" and "everlasting(olam) fathe"r or "father of the ages" ...

Also ...



Jhn 1:1-3
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

...

Jhn 1:14
And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.



Not to mention many other verses that speak of the fact that Christ not only pre-existed the creation, but was himself the creator ...

What other evidence is needed to prove his deity, and why aren't these evidences enough?
Jesus was called many things in the bible written by man. Not once in all of Jesus' existance here on earth or the spirit world did He ever proclaim to be God. He would have then become blaspemous and not the Divine being He had become. Saying you are God is blapshemous. Jesus not once portrayed anything that was not Truth. He, not once, proclaimed to be God. It was mans own interpretation saying Jesus procalimed to be God.
Yes, He was gorious and personified God in the flesh. We can all do that when we find our own God within as Jesus did. Just because it's in the bible, does not make it true. It's a man made book for guidance only.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-07-2009, 06:40 AM
 
Location: RV Park
7,544 posts, read 11,579,456 times
Reputation: 4468
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
No, you misunderstood what I said. When you step past the material (the book you so proudly worship) you will see that Love, Divine Love, God's very essence, will show you Truth. When you have that in your soul, and it changes you from mortal to immortal, you will then know that Love is the redeemer and not any one person. Divine Love saves you from sin.

I understand what you're saying; love is the modis operandi of God, but don't look past the events He used to prove His love to mortal man (while we were yet in sin, Christ died.)

As for me worshipping the bible: say it ain't so, Joe! God exists outside of the bible, of this I know - but He will never counter scripture either. I believe maturity in Christ allows us to see spiritual messages in scripture that the carnally-minded will not, but I will not say something didn't happen when scripture proclaims it did, even if scripture aludes to it being a natural event while in fact it was spiritual.

The spiritual event is stronger and longer lasting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-07-2009, 07:28 AM
 
Location: Indianapolis
4,325 posts, read 5,141,315 times
Reputation: 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
I understand what you're saying; love is the modis operandi of God, but don't look past the events He used to prove His love to mortal man (while we were yet in sin, Christ died.)

As for me worshipping the bible: say it ain't so, Joe! God exists outside of the bible, of this I know - but He will never counter scripture either. I believe maturity in Christ allows us to see spiritual messages in scripture that the carnally-minded will not, but I will not say something didn't happen when scripture proclaims it did, even if scripture aludes to it being a natural event while in fact it was spiritual.

The spiritual event is stronger and longer lasting.
God will always reveal more truths and make corrections to what was once penned in the bible. It may have been someone's view of things when the book was written, however, people and the world change daily. Our thoughts are not the same as 2000 or more years ago. We do not see God the same way as the Ot and we, well most of us, see that Love is the thing to follow. God does make corrections and will either send angels to guide or He will nudge us to higher truths than there once was. Yes, some of the bible may be true, but not all of it. It's a book that tells the stories of the writers. It has been handed down for generations, edited and added and taken away from. What you see now is not original in any way.

Jesus has spoken through our mediums and has guaranteed Divine Love was and still is His message. He never claimed what is written in the bible and what He did claim was left out. In my soul, I know He tells us the Truth and when I open my heart and soul, I can see those Truths.

Divine Love should be the only thing that matters. Not who did what or where something happened. Those truths will be revealed when the time is right. Of course they do nothing for you spiritually but they will be revealed when the person sincerely wants to know.

While I was reading the bible a few years ago, I was nudged by my own guides to learn of Divine Love. That's when I put the bible aside because it could not help me. Once I started praying for this Love, a lot of Truth has been revealed.

I'm not here to tell you to give up on the bible. Don't. It's where your soul is at and it's condition. When you raise that condition, you will move on but not until. Could be in the spirit world. It really doesn't matter. At some point you will move past it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-07-2009, 10:01 AM
 
Location: RV Park
7,544 posts, read 11,579,456 times
Reputation: 4468
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
God will always reveal more truths and make corrections to what was once penned in the bible. It may have been someone's view of things when the book was written, however, people and the world change daily. Our thoughts are not the same as 2000 or more years ago. We do not see God the same way as the Ot and we, well most of us, see that Love is the thing to follow. God does make corrections and will either send angels to guide or He will nudge us to higher truths than there once was. Yes, some of the bible may be true, but not all of it. It's a book that tells the stories of the writers. It has been handed down for generations, edited and added and taken away from. What you see now is not original in any way.

Jesus has spoken through our mediums and has guaranteed Divine Love was and still is His message. He never claimed what is written in the bible and what He did claim was left out. In my soul, I know He tells us the Truth and when I open my heart and soul, I can see those Truths.

Divine Love should be the only thing that matters. Not who did what or where something happened. Those truths will be revealed when the time is right. Of course they do nothing for you spiritually but they will be revealed when the person sincerely wants to know.

While I was reading the bible a few years ago, I was nudged by my own guides to learn of Divine Love. That's when I put the bible aside because it could not help me. Once I started praying for this Love, a lot of Truth has been revealed.

I'm not here to tell you to give up on the bible. Don't. It's where your soul is at and it's condition. When you raise that condition, you will move on but not until. Could be in the spirit world. It really doesn't matter. At some point you will move past it.
It's a hard line you've drawn among Christians, but I certainly respect that. Myself, I haven't (and won't) admit what you just did, because I don't want to mislead my brothers and sisters in the Way (not that you have or will, but I want the Lord to lead as to how He speaks).

I without a doubt know that God still speaks today things that aren't in the bible - we can have a conversation about the weather, we can and should have that kind of relationship with Him - but shouldn't what He's given be a blueprint for His nature and character?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-07-2009, 10:09 AM
 
Location: Prattville, Alabama
4,883 posts, read 5,127,730 times
Reputation: 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
I without a doubt know that God still speaks today things that aren't in the bible - we can have a conversation about the weather, we can and should have that kind of relationship with Him - but shouldn't what He's given be a blueprint for His nature and character?
Yes...I agree that what He's given us is a blueprint but, unfortunately, it's carnal man's interpretation of that blueprint where many people are led astray. That is why it is so vital to have that personal relationship directly with God...He will reveal things that cannot be found in our modern day bibles...but I think you already know this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-07-2009, 10:16 AM
 
Location: Indianapolis
4,325 posts, read 5,141,315 times
Reputation: 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
It's a hard line you've drawn among Christians, but I certainly respect that. Myself, I haven't (and won't) admit what you just did, because I don't want to mislead my brothers and sisters in the Way (not that you have or will, but I want the Lord to lead as to how He speaks).

I without a doubt know that God still speaks today things that aren't in the bible - we can have a conversation about the weather, we can and should have that kind of relationship with Him - but shouldn't what He's given be a blueprint for His nature and character?
The way I understand His workings is that if you adhere to the bible, He will teach from that book. If you read the Quaran, He will teach from that. It all depends on the soul condition of the person and what they hold dear. To you, the bible is the word. To me, Divine Love is the word. To a Jew, the Torah. See. We all have our truths and each religion/belief has part of God's truths.

I disagree with your original post because my beliefs are different than yours. It doesn't mean one is right and one is wrong. It merely means our soul condition is different.

At some point in time, maybe a billion years, you and I may see things the same. Until then, we will both travel our own paths.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top