U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2009, 12:06 PM

8,435 posts, read 8,419,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltonG View Post
Heb 10:25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

I hate to burst everyone's bubble but we are told not to forsake the assembly of the people (the church). I would ask why do people not get that?
Actually, CD is an assembly of people... My family at the dinner table is an assembly of people.. There were no formal churches in that day. They met where they could. That was one of the reasons they were persecuted back then, because they had no formal assembly as we do today...

Quote:
There is no verse to back up the belief that we do not have to go to church. People just use logic and make themselves feel better for skipping every Sunday. I understand some people can not come and God understands that just like he does a mute person who can not sing. We have got to stop using our own petty wisdom and start using God's by following His word.
Well.. You think assembly is Church in your own petty wisdom.. oops
Don't lay your burden on others...or judge them for what they think is right.. Col. 2:16
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2009, 12:10 PM

30,365 posts, read 20,092,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
No, you will have more demons than you do now if you go.

That's not very loving

Old 10-23-2009, 12:20 PM

1,895 posts, read 4,053,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
That's not very loving
I had the same thought.........LOL.

Old 10-23-2009, 01:09 PM

55,237 posts, read 72,682,440 times
like fencing. ignore the instructor gossip with your friends during class talk over him, come late leave early, never go to extra practice sessions, never practice, then you will become a skilled fencer right just dress up and stand around the fencing hall and posture alot, impression management, and that makes you a fencer right?

Old 10-23-2009, 01:20 PM

4,883 posts, read 5,133,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
like fencing. ignore the instructor gossip with your friends during class talk over him, come late leave early, never go to extra practice sessions, never practice, then you will become a skilled fencer right just dress up and stand around the fencing hall and posture alot, impression management, and that makes you a fencer right?
And your point was????????????

Old 10-23-2009, 01:27 PM

30,365 posts, read 20,092,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
And your point was????????????
I would he's saying you have to go to church to learn how to be a good christian

Old 10-23-2009, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltonG View Post
Heb 10:25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

I hate to burst everyone's bubble but we are told not to forsake the assembly of the people (the church). I would ask why do people not get that?

There is no verse to back up the belief that we do not have to go to church. People just use logic and make themselves feel better for skipping every Sunday. I understand some people can not come and God understands that just like he does a mute person who can not sing. We have got to stop using our own petty wisdom and start using God's by following His word.
I just love it when some twist and mangle scripture to make it say what they want it to say and try to foist their view on everyone else. Nowhere does that verse say I have to sit in a church pew every Sunday. Nowhere does it mandate that assembling together with fellow Christians has to happen in a building called a church. Did you miss the verse where it said...if 2 or 3 are gathered in my name....?????? From what I read...it didn't say if 2 or 3 are gathered in my name in a building called a church...LOL

I assemble with Christian people (the church) every day of the week...we have bible studies and discuss scriptural topics and pray for ourselves and others....we call it Prayer and Share.

Old 10-23-2009, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I would he's saying you have to go to church to learn how to be a good christian
And that is crock of pure un tee keeeeeeerap!

Old 10-23-2009, 02:18 PM

159 posts, read 195,208 times
Heb 10:24 And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:
Heb 10:25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some [is]; but exhorting [one another]: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.
Heb 10:26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

The "ourselves" is Christians I am not bending scripture look at the context, he is talking to and about Christians in these passages. When the Christians assemble (of course to worship) we must not forsake and they do so every Sunday. He is not saying when ever a group of ppl get together for any reason that is insane.

Old 10-23-2009, 02:19 PM

159 posts, read 195,208 times
Plus, if God is number one in our lives, why would we not go to church if we are able? I think it is an attitude problem. Why would you not want to worship God with the saints? The disciples met often and did so, not alone. Look at Acts 20:7 for one example.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or