U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2009, 08:16 PM

309 posts, read 437,062 times

Advertisements

What are your thoughts on the location of the nails on Jesus hands modern pics has the nails through the palm of his hands but according to other reports the nails were through the wrists. I have looked in the bible and see nothing specific but I could be overlooking it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2009, 08:39 PM

5,261 posts, read 6,240,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deerdog View Post
What are your thoughts on the location of the nails on Jesus hands modern pics has the nails through the palm of his hands but according to other reports the nails were through the wrists. I have looked in the bible and see nothing specific but I could be overlooking it.
On the History Channel, I watched a documentory on the Life of Jesus, and a Doctor showed how, if the nails where through the palms of His hands, they would have ripped through the tiny bones of His hands causing Him to fall to the ground under His weight. He went on to describe how they were placed instead through the larger bones of His wrist...so as to hold Him on the cross......precious Jesus..thank you for Your sacrifice...for us.

Old 10-22-2009, 08:47 PM

3,067 posts, read 3,489,748 times
many modern findings about the Romans point to the nail being in the wrist on most such killings.

However I was not there at the time the nailed Jesus so either way,(Wrist or hand) it makes little difference.

Old 10-22-2009, 09:14 PM

3,540 posts, read 5,964,128 times
Years ago I read a physians description of the crucifixtion.
It was horrifying.
Apparently, the time on the cross is divided between pushing yourself up on the feet that are nailed to the cross, so as to gasp for air, then dropping until your chest compresses to the point that you have o lift yourself up again.

It was a long excruciating death.

Which makes what He did and said all the more incredible

Old 10-22-2009, 10:19 PM

4,309 posts, read 5,455,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deerdog View Post
Hopefully, we are living our lives so we can meet Him face to face, that way these sort of questions need not be ask of individuals, but that we can have our question answered by Yours Truly. Be blessed.

Old 10-23-2009, 04:48 PM

2,739 posts, read 7,649,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
On the History Channel, I watched a documentory on the Life of Jesus, and a Doctor showed how, if the nails where through the palms of His hands, they would have ripped through the tiny bones of His hands causing Him to fall to the ground under His weight. He went on to describe how they were placed instead through the larger bones of His wrist...so as to hold Him on the cross......precious Jesus..thank you for Your sacrifice...for us.

That's what I heard somewhere too, and it does make sense: nails through the wrists.
By the time they crucified Jesus, the Romans had crucified hundreds (if not thousands) of people over years and years and years of time, and likely had it down to a science. If they saw that nails through the hands wouldn't hold, then they'd change thier method...

Bud
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or