U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2009, 04:56 PM

2,345 posts, read 3,820,540 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marks View Post
The Bible is clear God commands us to populate the earth (Genesis 1:28). Add to that the principle that the family (Dad, Mom, children - not dad and dad or mom and mom) are the nucleus of a civil, prosperous, and Godly society.

But you seem to be convinced in your own mind and need not that I should go into it with you.

Civil? Yes we have wonderful examples of civil people in the Bible don't we.....oh and the OT example of marriage was NOT mom, dad, and children....it was dad, mom, mom, mom, oh another mom, a mistress, a concubine, so on and so forth.

So are you saying that gay or lesbian families cannot possibly be civil?

To address the OP....if you don't want kids DON'T have them! It is not fair to the kids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2009, 10:17 PM

23,052 posts, read 32,062,081 times
I consider myself a Christian and I flat out dont want kids.

Personally, I think God finds having kids that you have zero desire for and no capacity to take care of more sinful than not having them at all.

Old 10-30-2009, 11:30 PM

25,084 posts, read 13,933,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
It seems like most of the people who never wants to have children are not Christians, but atheist or agnostics. I really can't see myself with a non-Christian or with a person who wants kids.

By not having kids, it's hard to justify that to the church I'm affiliated with. Some churches may see those as evil and not having Christian family values.
U make an interesting point, but Christian couples are like anyone else some want to have children and I know a lot who don't and even more who wished they had not. I don't think such a decision has a lot to do with your Christianity. I mean being a Christian does not mean automatically u have to have children or even desire to for that matter.

Old 10-31-2009, 11:48 PM

126 posts, read 229,433 times
I will never have children because I'm not called to have children. If you're with a church who is stressing that you have children, run fast, run far. You have NO obligation to explain to ANYONE, including self-righteous Christians, why you choose not to have children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or