U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2009, 01:22 PM

5,660 posts, read 6,607,689 times

Advertisements

It seems like most of the people who never wants to have children are not Christians, but atheist or agnostics. I really can't see myself with a non-Christian or with a person who wants kids.

By not having kids, it's hard to justify that to the church I'm affiliated with. Some churches may see those as evil and not having Christian family values.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2009, 02:06 PM

4,883 posts, read 5,129,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
It seems like most of the people who never wants to have children are not Christians, but atheist or agnostics. I really can't see myself with a non-Christian or with a person who wants kids.

By not having kids, it's hard to justify that to the church I'm affiliated with. Some churches may see those as evil and not having Christian family values.
My belief is if God wanted you to have children...He would give you that desire. If your "church" is telling you you have to have kids to please God...find a new church. You are under no obligation to justify not wanting children to anyone.

If I knew then what I know now....I would never have had kids. I'm just kidding....I love my kids to death.

Old 10-23-2009, 04:05 PM

8,435 posts, read 8,412,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
My belief is if God wanted you to have children...He would give you that desire. If your "church" is telling you you have to have kids to please God...find a new church. You are under no obligation to justify not wanting children to anyone.

If I knew then what I know now....I would never have had kids. I'm just kidding....I love my kids to death.
The things we learn as parents!
It is a hard road and anyone who wants to torture themselves with crying, poop, rebellion, guilt, and financial woes... is more than welcome to have kids...

BTW I wouldn't give them up for the world, my four little devils!

Old 10-23-2009, 04:08 PM

8,435 posts, read 8,412,771 times
Quote:

I know people that have never had children who are Christians... you can be part of a family without having children.

It's up to you. Having clones of you running amuck is not something everyone is able to deal with. Also, it may not be the right time for you..

Whatever you decide it shouldn't be a sign of being evil.... being evil is torturing the kids you already have or having more when you can't deal with the ones you have.. now that is evil.

Old 10-23-2009, 04:40 PM

4,883 posts, read 5,129,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
I know people that have never had children who are Christians... you can be part of a family without having children.

It's up to you. Having clones of you running amuck is not something everyone is able to deal with. Also, it may not be the right time for you..

Whatever you decide it shouldn't be a sign of being evil.... being evil is torturing the kids you already have or having more when you can't deal with the ones you have.. now that is evil.
Case in point....OCTOMOM!! Now that's a nightmare.

Old 10-23-2009, 04:52 PM

2,739 posts, read 7,660,256 times
Of course there are Christians who don't want kids, for a number of reasons. (that I won't go into) I, for one, don't have any children. Did want them at one time, but things just didn't work out...too many problems in the marriage. Now I am an old man...too late...

Bud

Old 10-23-2009, 09:09 PM

5,752 posts, read 4,601,277 times
I do not have children and do not have the desire.
For personal reasons.

Old 10-23-2009, 09:15 PM

1,959 posts, read 4,650,069 times
A Christian couple by all means should desire and work toward having as many children as God blesses them with. For a child of God not to desire children is wrong

Old 10-23-2009, 09:22 PM

5,660 posts, read 6,607,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marks View Post
A Christian couple by all means should desire and work toward having as many children as God blesses them with. For a child of God not to desire children is wrong
My point exactly. So you think everyone should have children, regardless of their social and financial status?

Sorry, but it's called personal choice. Historically, people have been starting families for societal reasons. Nowadays, some people are choosing not to be parents. The only problem is, some give up Christianity due to religious pressures.

Where in the bible did it say that it's wrong not to procreate? I would believe if there were verified evidence of the scripture in the bible.

Old 10-23-2009, 09:30 PM

1,959 posts, read 4,650,069 times
Quote:
My point exactly. So you think everyone should have children, regardless of their social and financial status?

Sorry, but it's called personal choice. Historically, people have been starting families for societal reasons. Nowadays, some people are choosing not to be parents. The only problem is, some give up Christianity due to religious pressures.

Where in the bible did it say that it's wrong not to procreate? I would believe if there were verified evidence of the scripture in the bible.
The Bible is clear God commands us to populate the earth (Genesis 1:28). Add to that the principle that the family (Dad, Mom, children - not dad and dad or mom and mom) are the nucleus of a civil, prosperous, and Godly society.

But you seem to be convinced in your own mind and need not that I should go into it with you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or