U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2009, 02:37 PM

3,586 posts, read 5,356,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
I guess my point is that you aren't open to being witnessed to though. You think there is nothing to add to your repertoire of knowledge so how can you effectively witness to others.. would you say that you were deceived before you received the gospel? I was brought up Christian yet I can say that I still was unaware about many things and still am.

So you will share but cannot receive.. and by receive I don't mean accept or change your belief but have an intelligent discussion without labeling the other as non-comprehending, deceived, non-christian...etc.
Open to the gospel, open to someone who is deceived, NO. Done
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2009, 02:49 PM

8,435 posts, read 8,416,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
Open to the gospel, open to someone who is deceived, NO. Done
One who is deceived.. A claim that something similar is true when it is not.

What I believe is that the bible says that God is one and there are no other gods

What you believe is that the bible says that God is three personalities in one..

Who is deceived?

It's very simple...you say I am misled into believing an untruth when that is simply not true.. I believe the absolute truth... God is the one and only God.

Old 10-31-2009, 03:09 PM

Quote:
One who is deceived.. A claim that something similar is true when it is not.

What I believe is that the bible says that God is one and there are no other gods

What you believe is that the bible says that God is three personalities in one..

Who is deceived?

It's very simple...you say I am misled into believing an untruth when that is simply not true.. I believe the absolute truth... God is the one and only God.
You are, God is one, in The Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit. Anway, tired of going back and forth. You believe what you believe and I will believe what I believe.

Old 10-31-2009, 03:17 PM

8,435 posts, read 8,416,210 times
Quote:
You are, God is one, in The Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit. Anway, tired of going back and forth. You believe what you believe and I will believe what I believe.
Not sure why you keep responding.. anyway I gotta go dress up my little demons for tonight.. *evil laugh*

Old 10-31-2009, 03:53 PM

17,968 posts, read 12,477,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
Answered here: Concordant Version Reliable?

What I find amusing is you, rather than answering to the post that sinks your little trinity ship, you go to a person who has no clout at all and even his friends think he is an embarrassment to their cause.

Old 10-31-2009, 03:58 PM

1,405 posts, read 2,114,590 times
Jesus, I believe, is the only begotten son, brought forth from God . . is the same nature, a diety, not created as man was out of "something" like dust, or woman, from a rib . . . but made/brought forth from GOD . . . therefore, he is God . . .not the Father . . Not the God he spoke of . . . . but is God the Son.

In the very first verses (chapter 1, verses 1 to 18), does John, Jesus' closest disciple, leave any doubt about who Jesus really is? Read the entire record penned by John. In chapter 5, you will hear Jesus telling folks that it is to Him that they will have to give account at the Final Judgment (John 5:22-29). In chapter 17, He states that He was with God before the world began (John 17:5). In chapter 20, and all through the book of the Acts, we come face to face with Jews who are accepting Jesus as their Lord and God (John 20:28). Back in chapter 8, we hear Jesus claiming to exist prior to Abraham (who lived 2,000 years before Jesus; John 8:58). The Jews understood clearly that Jesus was claiming equality with God.

Along these lines, the great scholar C.S. Lewis wrote, “Among these Jews there suddenly turns up a man who goes about talking as if He was God. He claims to forgive sins. He says He has always existed. He says He is coming to judge the world at the end of time. Now let us get this clear. Among pantheists, like Indians, anyone might say the he was part god, or one with God: there would be nothing very odd about it. But this man, since He was a Jew, could not mean that kind of god. God, in their language, meant the Being outside the world who had made it and was infinitely different from anything else. And when you have grasped that, you will see that what this man said was, quite simply, the most shocking thing that has ever been uttered by human lips.”

Old 10-31-2009, 04:01 PM

17,968 posts, read 12,477,357 times
Quote:
Ok I see.. I had never heard of Walter Martin before coming to this board.

He bugs me that he seems (to me) so smug. but that is just me.
Walter Martin made himself famous (or rather infamous) in the 70's when he wrote a book about the supposed cults. Of course everyone that did not agree with Walter was branded a cult.

He believes there was an actual person called Lucifer (which in itself should disqualify him from any further qualifications to be taken seriously) but the majority of people are blind and follow the blind. Last I looked there were millions of people fallen in the ditch with him.

And then there is Alan who thinks Walter is the cat's meow and a bag of chips. Pity.

Old 10-31-2009, 04:10 PM

1,405 posts, read 2,114,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Walter Martin made himself famous (or rather infamous) in the 70's when he wrote a book about the supposed cults. Of course everyone that did not agree with Walter was branded a cult.

He believes there was an actual person called Lucifer (which in itself should disqualify him from any further qualifications to be taken seriously) but the majority of people are blind and follow the blind. Last I looked there were millions of people fallen in the ditch with him.

And then there is Alan who thinks Walter is the cat's meow and a bag of chips. Pity.
The bible talks about the Spiritual Warfare going on . . . we cannot see or be with Jesus, or God the Father . . .nor can we see the Holy Spirit with our eyes . . .but we can see the "fruits", or feel the presence of Our Lord in OUr lives . . . We can see Him working in Us . . . .

God is Real . . Satan is Real . . . he is not someone we can see with our eyes . . . but we can feel his evil . . . his plans and schemes area very real . . . . and years ago I would have chuckled . . . but do you not believe that Satan . . appeared before Jeuss? Tempted Jesus? His kingdom is here . . . and many people have knowingly or unknowingly taken allegiance to him.

Old 10-31-2009, 04:11 PM

4,883 posts, read 5,131,811 times
Quote:
The purpose of God sending His son Jesus was so that he could pay the penalty for our sins by being crucified on the cross (by dying for us)....correct?

If Jesus=God and God can't die.....then what was the purpose of the cross....was it done just for show? If Jesus=God and God can't die....there really was no sacrifice by dying was there?

This is why Jesus=God isn't logical or biblical and why so many don't believe it. God sent Jesus, His son...His only begotten, sinless son, to DIE for us and that is exactly what happened....Jesus actually did DIE....God didn't DIE....Jesus DIED. There was a real and true sacrifice of a man dying for the entire world. God is God and Jesus is Gods son...two distinct entities. When you say Jesus is God....it makes the sacrifice useless and empty.

Jesus did have Gods nature and was an exact REPRESENTATION of God but he was not God. Jesus and God were ONE....they were one in mind, spirit and will....this is the exact same thing we are to be striving for. Jesus came to show us The Way, he came to show us the path to God and His Kingdom....if we follow in his footsteps by loving God with all of of hearts, souls and minds and loving our neighbors as ourselves....we also will be ONE with God.

This is the Gospel message of love and mercy which Jesus tried to impart to us but there are many who take Gods words and distort them into hate, fear and condemnation....may God have mercy on them.

Old 10-31-2009, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
The purpose of God sending His son Jesus was so that he could pay the penalty for our sins by being crucified on the cross (by dying for us)....correct?

If Jesus=God and God can't die.....then what was the purpose of the cross....was it done just for show? If Jesus=God and God can't die....there really was no sacrifice by dying was there?

This is why Jesus=God isn't logical or biblical and why so many don't believe it. God sent Jesus, His son...His only begotten, sinless son, to DIE for us and that is exactly what happened....Jesus actually did DIE....God didn't DIE....Jesus DIED. There was a real and true sacrifice of a man dying for the entire world. God is God and Jesus is Gods son...two distinct entities. When you say Jesus is God....it makes the sacrifice useless and empty.

Jesus did have Gods nature and was an exact REPRESENTATION of God but he was not God. Jesus and God were ONE....they were one in mind, spirit and will....this is the exact same thing we are to be striving for. Jesus came to show us The Way, he came to show us the path to God and His Kingdom....if we follow in his footsteps by loving God with all of of hearts, souls and minds and loving our neighbors as ourselves....we also will be ONE with God.

This is the Gospel message of love and mercy which Jesus tried to impart to us but there are many who take Gods words and distort them into hate, fear and condemnation....may God have mercy on them.
THere is no if, Jesus is God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or