U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2009, 04:26 PM

17,968 posts, read 12,453,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesigns64 View Post
The bible talks about the Spiritual Warfare going on . . . we cannot see or be with Jesus, or God the Father . . .nor can we see the Holy Spirit with our eyes . . .but we can see the "fruits", or feel the presence of Our Lord in OUr lives . . . We can see Him working in Us . . . .

God is Real . . Satan is Real . . . he is not someone we can see with our eyes . . . but we can feel his evil . . . his plans and schemes area very real . . . . and years ago I would have chuckled . . . but do you not believe that Satan . . appeared before Jeuss? Tempted Jesus? His kingdom is here . . . and many people have knowingly or unknowingly taken allegiance to him.
I believe there is a real evil being named Satan who also appeared before Jesus and tempted Jesus etc. But anyone with any ability to study would know the word "Lucifer" is a mere invention of man. The Hebrew word mistranslated "Lucifer" is rendered "Howl" in every other passage where Lucifer occurrs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2009, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
THere is no if, Jesus is God.
O.K. then: Jesus is not God because God can't die. Instead, God sent His Son into the world, not Himself.

The sad thing is you and Alan don't really believe this passage:

1Co 8:5-7 For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,) (6) But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him. (7) Howbeit there is not in every man that knowledge

Notice God is the source of all and Jesus the channel.

Old 10-31-2009, 04:34 PM

4,883 posts, read 5,124,426 times
Quote:
THere is no if, Jesus is God.
It's OK....we can agree to disagree. But if you are honest with yourself...you can see that if Jesus=God, then the sacrifice that was supposed to be made was no sacrifice at all....because there was nothing to lose by doing it.

Old 10-31-2009, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
O.K. then: Jesus is not God because God can't die. Instead, God sent His Son into the world, not Himself.

1Co 8:5-7 For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,) (6) But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him. (7) Howbeit there is not in every man that knowledge

I've noticed that "Indoctrination" runs rampant on this forum...and some will never "see" what is right before their eyes. I chalk it up to immaturity in their walk....they are still "babes" and I'm sure there is some purpose for it....God will work it all out....we can depend on that.

Old 10-31-2009, 04:58 PM

1,405 posts, read 2,111,871 times
Quote:

Do you believe that as a channel . . Jesus is also Divine? I believe the Father and Son are are separate beings . . but Jesus is the only one made of "Father" Stuff . . to say it simply . . . . . Is this what also believe????

I do believe it is clear that God the Father is no God the Son . . . but they have the same divinity . . . that nothing else has, or no one else has . . . all God, but one father, one son, and one holy spirit, who are all ont he same page, have the same purpose . . but different assignments.

Old 10-31-2009, 05:03 PM

8,435 posts, read 8,401,265 times
Quote:
The bible talks about the Spiritual Warfare going on . . .
The bible talks about spiritual welfare in our spirits/minds not as in angels and demons fighting. Read the scripture over. The bible doesn't say anything about angels fighting demons.. that is an error. The bible is all about humans that is what it deals with and to whom it is relevant.

Quote:
we cannot see or be with Jesus, or God the Father . . .nor can we see the Holy Spirit with our eyes . . .but we can see the "fruits", or feel the presence of Our Lord in OUr lives . . . We can see Him working in Us . . . .
IN OUR SPIRITS.. yet we cannot externalize that and have other people feel it.. "spiritual" refers to the spirit. Spiritual warfare is what happens when our flesh wars against our spirit of God inside our flesh.

Quote:
God is Real .
Yes he is very real to me.. to others.. no he may not be.

Quote:
. Satan is Real
No satan is not real, he is an adversary. Anyone who does something contrary to the word of God is an adversary. Satan is a system not a person. No one can challenge God. If they could they would be a god.. I doubt you would elevate evil in such a way on purpose.

Quote:
. . he is not someone we can see with our eyes . . . but we can feel his evil . . . his plans and schemes area very real . . . . and years ago I would have chuckled . . . but do you not believe that Satan . . appeared before Jeuss? Tempted Jesus? His kingdom is here . . . and many people have knowingly or unknowingly taken allegiance to him.
I have never felt the evil of satan.. I thought I did once but it was my imagination. My pastor even told me that I was "possessed" because I had felt the evil.. that I was being tormented.. LOL that was the point where I began to realize that evil exists in human minds not as a person. You see if we have another person to blame for our thoughts and feelings then we won't take responsibility for our actions.. the devil made me do it!

There is no devil out there who is waiting for you to walk by so he can jump you and when you realize that love conquers all you will see that in love there is no fear.

I only had a few moments while I suck on my cancer stick so I can only respond to one post. I chose this one.. not sure why.. anyway.. be back later.. carry on.

Last edited by katjonjj; 10-31-2009 at 05:47 PM.. Reason: fixed the quote

Old 10-31-2009, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Do you believe that as a channel . . Jesus is also Divine? I believe the Father and Son are are separate beings . . but Jesus is the only one made of "Father" Stuff . . to say it simply . . . . . Is this what also believe????

I do believe it is clear that God the Father is no God the Son . . . but they have the same divinity . . . that nothing else has, or no one else has . . . all God, but one father, one son, and one holy spirit, who are all ont he same page, have the same purpose . . but different assignments.
The understanding I have is Jesus is NOT God....Jesus is Gods Son. Jesus was sent to show us The Way to God, how we can accomplish being ONE with Him the same way Jesus was ONE with The Father. This is what we are supposed to be striving for and I believe we can accomplish this while in this life. We are also made in the image of God....just as Jesus was the exact REPRESENTATION of God. Jesus is divine in that he is God's son and our brother....not that he is God....we also will be divine when we are ONE with The Father just as Jesus is. Attributing divinity to someone does not mean we are God or that Jesus is God, it just means we have attained the same nature being godlike of the same mind, spirit and will as The Father...being ONE with Him.

Old 10-31-2009, 05:27 PM

3,586 posts, read 5,350,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
It's OK....we can agree to disagree. But if you are honest with yourself...you can see that if Jesus=God, then the sacrifice that was supposed to be made was no sacrifice at all....because there was nothing to lose by doing it.
I am honest with myself

Old 10-31-2009, 05:28 PM

3,586 posts, read 5,350,084 times
Quote:

I do believe it, the sad thing is you don't understand it.

Old 10-31-2009, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius

Quote:
I do believe it, the sad thing is you don't understand it.
But I do understand it. If you really did believe it you would throw out the paganistic ideas of the trinity.

It is not difficult to understand that there is just one God, THE FATHER, not TWO GODS, not THREE GODS but ONE GOD, THE FATHER and, not only is there just one God who is the Father there is also just one Lord, Jesus Christ.

If the trinity was true this would have been the perfect place for Paul to inform us of it.

Jesus Himself said He has a God and told the disciples He was not their God when He said "I am ascending to my God and YOUR GOD."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or