U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-08-2009, 06:38 PM
 
Location: Seattle, Washington
8,435 posts, read 8,391,622 times
Reputation: 1690

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
when protestants profess jesus as god they become much more catholic.
the divinity of the jesus family is the issue.
I agree.. the protestants say that catholics are whacked (gotta love that word) yet the trinity is clearly catholic. I don't know why it is even an issue since the gospel is the gospel.. other than the worship of Mary is the same as the worship of Jesus IMHO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-08-2009, 06:48 PM
 
Location: South Carolina
3,586 posts, read 5,345,736 times
Reputation: 576
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
I never will because I was once a trinitarian..

Once you believe then you don't you have obviously found sufficient evidence to convince yourself that what you thought was true (trinitarianism) is not true. Same with the futurist view of eschatology.. I will never go back to that view as I have decided that it was a lie.

However, I can say that if it can be proven .. I will return to that view as I have no problem saying that I am wrong as long as it is what is right.

You can find no fault at all with my claim that God is the ONE and ONLY true God and that Jesus is his son, a human mediator between man and God..

Adding to that statement to say that Jesus is God is just wrong.. and is not found in scripture.. IMHO

But like I said before.. I love everyone regardless because God loves them.. that includes those who disagree with me on this issue.

My own husband disagrees with me on this issue and that is ok..

You never will as long as you interpret scripture your way and not God's way. It sounds like you husband is a smart man, you could benefit by listening to him. But if you want listen and agree with what God has already said, then you will continue to disagree with him. I see you put a big smile, this is nothing to smile or laugh about. This issue is not with us, you are disagreeing with what God has said and done. You can say that you love everyone and still struggle and wrestle with who God says that He is. Yes, I do find fault because it seems that you lack the very simple task of simply seeing what scripture is saying. But that is your choice and your matter to take up with God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-08-2009, 07:22 PM
 
Location: Seattle, Washington
8,435 posts, read 8,391,622 times
Reputation: 1690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
You never will as long as you interpret scripture your way and not God's way. It sounds like you husband is a smart man, you could benefit by listening to him. But if you want listen and agree with what God has already said, then you will continue to disagree with him. I see you put a big smile, this is nothing to smile or laugh about. This issue is not with us, you are disagreeing with what God has said and done. You can say that you love everyone and still struggle and wrestle with who God says that He is. Yes, I do find fault because it seems that you lack the very simple task of simply seeing what scripture is saying. But that is your choice and your matter to take up with God.
Yes, my husband is a smart man.. and when I point out that nowhere in the bible does it state that Jesus is God he agrees with me.. however, he has trouble deviating from what he has been taught...

What you have been taught is not necessarily in line with scripture.. as we can clearly see in this thread..

The difference between my husband and you is that my husband has proof that I only care about the Love of God and not the doctrine of men. Therefore when I say to him that Christ is not God..he is open to the fact that I may be correct.. however it is the fear that other christians will not accept him if he does believe that Jesus is not God that stops him.. Do you have the same problem? Perhaps you are afraid that others will not accept you if you believe what the bible says? That Jesus is not God?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-08-2009, 08:10 PM
 
Location: South Carolina
3,586 posts, read 5,345,736 times
Reputation: 576
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Yes, my husband is a smart man.. and when I point out that nowhere in the bible does it state that Jesus is God he agrees with me.. however, he has trouble deviating from what he has been taught...

What you have been taught is not necessarily in line with scripture.. as we can clearly see in this thread..

The difference between my husband and you is that my husband has proof that I only care about the Love of God and not the doctrine of men. Therefore when I say to him that Christ is not God..he is open to the fact that I may be correct.. however it is the fear that other christians will not accept him if he does believe that Jesus is not God that stops him.. Do you have the same problem? Perhaps you are afraid that others will not accept you if you believe what the bible says? That Jesus is not God?
What I have been taught does line with scripture, the Holy Spirit validates that. LOL, I don't care about the doctrine of men, I care about the truth being told and taught. When I hear someone say something against what God has already said, I will not be open to it, because I know that God is right and the person is wrong.

I am not afraid because God does not give me the spirit of fear. The bible does not say that Jesus is not God, but says that Jesus is, so I don't have anything to fear or worry about. What I believe is in line with scripture. Jesus is The Almighty God, and will always be.

I don't have a problem because I found the person who has already revealed the truth to me about Himself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-08-2009, 08:36 PM
 
Location: Seattle, Washington
8,435 posts, read 8,391,622 times
Reputation: 1690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
What I have been taught does line with scripture, the Holy Spirit validates that. LOL, I don't care about the doctrine of men, I care about the truth being told and taught. When I hear someone say something against what God has already said, I will not be open to it, because I know that God is right and the person is wrong.

I am not afraid because God does not give me the spirit of fear. The bible does not say that Jesus is not God, but says that Jesus is, so I don't have anything to fear or worry about. What I believe is in line with scripture. Jesus is The Almighty God, and will always be.

I don't have a problem because I found the person who has already revealed the truth to me about Himself.
So in other words you don't care that it is not in scripture clearly but you take man's word that it is shown in scripture.
Take this picture of the Catholic Trinity:
file:///C:/Users/Kat/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.jpg (broken link)http://www.catholicscomehome.org/images/trinity.gif (broken link)
The father is God...
The Son is God...
The Spirit is God..

All are one.. except:

The Son is not the father..
The father is not the spirit
The spirit is not the son... etc..

So how can the father be the son but the son not be the father?

If all are one how is there a difference between them such that the Father is not the son? If all are God then why can't we say that the Father is the Son?

Yet we can say that the Son is God.. and the Father is God yet the father is not the son?

That makes no sense to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-08-2009, 08:41 PM
 
Location: South Carolina
3,586 posts, read 5,345,736 times
Reputation: 576
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
So in other words you don't care that it is not in scripture clearly but you take man's word that it is shown in scripture.
Take this picture of the Catholic Trinity:

The father is God...
The Son is God...
The Spirit is God..

All are one.. except:

The Son is not the father..
The father is not the spirit
The spirit is not the son... etc..

So how can the father be the son but the son not be the father?

If all are one how is there a difference between them such that the Father is not the son? If all are God then why can't we say that the Father is the Son?

Yet we can say that the Son is God.. and the Father is God yet the father is not the son?

That makes no sense to me.
It make no sense to you, but perfect sense to me. NO, I take God's word for what He said in scripture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-08-2009, 09:25 PM
 
Location: Seattle, Washington
8,435 posts, read 8,391,622 times
Reputation: 1690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
It make no sense to you, but perfect sense to me. NO, I take God's word for what He said in scripture.
It makes sense to you that God is three but that the three do not equal each other? Okay.. well that is your take on it.. but please don't say that it is in scripture because we both know that it is not.

There is absolutely no scripture that declares that:
The Father is God
The Son is God
the Spirit is God

But they are not the same as each other..

The diagram is undeniably not found in scripture.

But you are welcome to your belief and I will keep mine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-08-2009, 09:54 PM
 
Location: Seattle, Wa
5,302 posts, read 5,289,114 times
Reputation: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
huh? so you don't agree that Jesus is the cornerstone? The foundation of the gospel?
Did I ever say that? No I did not. I said the pillar in this text was the church. This is what I am talking about, a presumption on an assumption..this is the error of the view in question.

Quote:
Where did you get that? I see that all prophecy was fulfilled in the past. There is no future redemption of souls.. it is finished. Salvation came with Christ's coming in 70AD .
You are UR right? Then there is a redemption for all souls in the future?
This is prophetic, which has ceased according to a Preterist like myself.

Quote:
I disagree.. it is God that is the husband.. not Jesus..
Revelation 19 and 21...I suggest you read it again. Topic Christ + Church.
Marraige of the Lamb...Christ..the husband.

God is the husband and so is Christ, so what does that make Christ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-08-2009, 10:00 PM
 
2,526 posts, read 2,314,782 times
Reputation: 326
I arrived late to this thread, and being the lazy bum that I am (pray for me), I'll just post the question: Has Isaiah 9:6 been dealt with yet?:

Isa 9:6 For a Child is born; to us a Son is given; and the government is on His shoulder; and His name is called Wonderful, Counselor, The Mighty God, The Everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

One of the titles of the Son is "The Mighty God". This title is also applied to Jehovah in the book of Jeremiah:

Jer 32:18 who acts with loving-kindness to thousands, and repays the iniquity of the fathers into the bosom of their sons after them. The great, the mighty God, Jehovah of Hosts, is His name.

From what I've researched, both Isaiah 9:6 and Jeremiah 32:18 use the identical Hebrew terms that our translation "Mighty God" comes from.

Yet, Jehovah says there is no God but Him:

Isa 45:5 I am Jehovah, and there is none else; there is no God except Me. I will clothe you, though you do not know Me,

If Jesus, as the Son of God, is not co-eternal with His Father, and if He does not possess the identical divine nature and divine attributes as His Father, why give the Son the title "Mighty God"?

Last edited by AlabamaStorm; 11-08-2009 at 10:07 PM.. Reason: Spelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-08-2009, 10:50 PM
 
Location: South Carolina
3,586 posts, read 5,345,736 times
Reputation: 576
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
It makes sense to you that God is three but that the three do not equal each other? Okay.. well that is your take on it.. but please don't say that it is in scripture because we both know that it is not.

There is absolutely no scripture that declares that:
The Father is God
The Son is God
the Spirit is God

But they are not the same as each other..

The diagram is undeniably not found in scripture.

But you are welcome to your belief and I will keep mine.
It is in scripture you just refuse to see it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top