U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2009, 05:19 AM

5,261 posts, read 3,798,930 times
Default The Faith To Which Paul Was Referring To...Was Not A Passive Faith Based On Doctrine...

...the faith Paul was referring to in this verse was powerful enough to "...quench all the fiery darts of the wicked" (Ephesians 6:16).

It was not a "dead" faith that failed to motivate the believer into action. It was not a faith that was the product of the natural mind. The shield of faith to which Paul was referring was: a supernatural faith; a conquering faith; faith in action!

Many Christians are weak because they depend upon their own faith to fight and resist the enemy. The faith that makes us CONQUERING soldiers is the faith of Jesus Christ that is given to us by God. Man in his own limited ability, in his fallen human nature, is not capable of producing the faith necessary for his salvation. Faith is the gift of God that is planted in the hearts of those who acknowledge Christ as the Son of God and surrender their wills to Him. "For by grace ye are saved through faith; and that not of yoursleves: it is a gift of God" (Ephesians 2:8).

Faith is a supernatural force produced in the heart of man by hearing and receiving the written Word and the Living Word, Jesus Christ, into his life.

Jesus and the Word cannot be separated.

Jesus is the Word.

When one "hears" - receives - the Word into his spirit, he receives faith. "So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God" (Romans 10:17).

The apostle Paul did not boast in his own faith. He said, "...the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave His life for me" (Galatians 2:20).

In Christ,
Verna.

It is Christ's faith within us wherein we are able to stand strong and immoveable in the face of trials and tribulations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2009, 08:16 AM

12,515 posts, read 6,303,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
...the faith Paul was referring to in this verse was powerful enough to "...quench all the fiery darts of the wicked" (Ephesians 6:16).

It was not a "dead" faith that failed to motivate the believer into action. It was not a faith that was the product of the natural mind. The shield of faith to which Paul was referring was: a supernatural faith; a conquering faith; faith in action!

Many Christians are weak because they depend upon their own faith to fight and resist the enemy. The faith that makes us CONQUERING soldiers is the faith of Jesus Christ that is given to us by God. Man in his own limited ability, in his fallen human nature, is not capable of producing the faith necessary for his salvation. Faith is the gift of God that is planted in the hearts of those who acknowledge Christ as the Son of God and surrender their wills to Him. "For by grace ye are saved through faith; and that not of yoursleves: it is a gift of God" (Ephesians 2:8).

Faith is a supernatural force produced in the heart of man by hearing and receiving the written Word and the Living Word, Jesus Christ, into his life.

Jesus and the Word cannot be separated.

Jesus is the Word.

When one "hears" - receives - the Word into his spirit, he receives faith. "So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God" (Romans 10:17).

The apostle Paul did not boast in his own faith. He said, "...the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave His life for me" (Galatians 2:20).

In Christ,
Verna.

It is Christ's faith within us wherein we are able to stand strong and immoveable in the face of trials and tribulations.
Romans 10:17 ''Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God.'' The word of God IS doctrine.

The Greek word Pistis is translated both as 'faith' and as 'doctrine.'

In salvation, the object of faith is Jesus Christ.

After salvation, in living your spiritual life, the object of your faith is doctrine, because doctrine is the means by which you grow by means of grace in the knowledge of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. It is by learning the word of God that you increase in your knowledge of Christ, and deepen your understanding of who and what He is and what He has done for us.

Doctrine is not a dirty word. Bible doctrine is truth, and is the revealed written word of God.

Old 10-24-2009, 08:25 AM

4,852 posts, read 3,024,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Romans 10:17 ''Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God.'' The word of God IS doctrine.

After salvation, in living your spiritual life, the object of your faith is doctrine, because doctrine is the means by which you grow by means of grace in the knowledge of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. It is by learning the word of God that you increase in your knowledge of Christ, and deepen your understanding of who and what He is and what He has done for us.

Doctrine is not a dirty word. Bible doctrine is truth, and is the revealed written word of God.
The Word of God is the GOSPEL....not carnal man made interpretation of doctrine.

Old 10-24-2009, 08:47 AM

5,261 posts, read 3,798,930 times
Quote:

I know that and you know that......:^)

Old 10-24-2009, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by Mike555

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
I know that and you know that......:^)
R U Kidding me.....you both believe that the object of your faith is "doctrine" What happened to GOD?

Now you are both really scaring me and are starting to sound more and more like Pharisees....the object of everyone's faith should be none other than GOD...the finisher and perfecter of our faith.

Old 10-24-2009, 09:42 AM

12,515 posts, read 6,303,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Originally Posted by Mike555

R U Kidding me.....you both believe that the object of your faith is "doctrine" What happened to GOD?

Now you are both really scaring me and are starting to sound more and more like Pharisees....the object of everyone's faith should be none other than GOD...the finisher and perfecter of our faith.
It IS all about God. The Bible is the written word of God. Bible doctrine is about God. About Christ. Bible doctrine tells us about Christ. The entire Bible is the word of God. Not just the Gospel. Anyone who rejects the word of God, makes himself to be an enemy of the Cross.

Old 10-24-2009, 12:00 PM

6,805 posts, read 4,569,541 times
Quote:
It IS all about God. The Bible is the written word of God. Bible doctrine is about God. About Christ. Bible doctrine tells us about Christ. The entire Bible is the word of God. Not just the Gospel. Anyone who rejects the word of God, makes himself to be an enemy of the Cross.
I am beginning to think I missed the publication of the Dispensationalist bible... I would like a copy.. Seems to me that you propose to translate the english of the bible to dispensational english (if there were such a thing).

Old 10-24-2009, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
I am beginning to think I missed the publication of the Dispensationalist bible... I would like a copy.. Seems to me that you propose to translate the english of the bible to dispensational english (if there were such a thing).
There's nothing like....carnal man interpretation of what the bible says....it's a doctrine in itself.

Old 10-24-2009, 01:10 PM

22,737 posts, read 10,470,473 times
Quote:
No . . . clearly it is NOT about God . It is about Mike's views about God. The only things being rejected are the teachings and doctrines of Mike and his teachers . . . (and no one is an enemy of anyone not even Mike and his teachers). No one is seeking to be an unrepentant sinner or license to do whatever we want. The battle for good over evil and acceptance of Jesus has been largely won in this group. What are being challenged are the primitive fears and notions of wrath and vengeance that were born of savage ignorance and misunderstanding of the true nature of our loving God. Don't you feel even a little silly trying to convince others that the reasons they have faith in Jesus are the wrong reasons???!!!

Old 10-24-2009, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
No . . . clearly it is NOT about God . It is about Mike's views about God. The only things being rejected are the teachings and doctrines of Mike and his teachers . . . (and no one is an enemy of anyone not even Mike and his teachers). No one is seeking to be an unrepentant sinner or license to do whatever we want. The battle for good over evil and acceptance of Jesus has been largely won in this group. What are being challenged are the primitive fears and notions of wrath and vengeance that were born of savage ignorance and misunderstanding of the true nature of our loving God. Don't you feel even a little silly trying to convince others that the reasons they have faith in Jesus are the wrong reasons???!!!
Mikey is too far gone into his cult of dispensensationalism to have any humility whatsoever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity