U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2007, 09:02 PM

7,768 posts, read 9,459,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
Oh, yeah, absolutely! All those guys you just mentioned are great. Jason Upton has come to our church and given a concert twice in the past year. Besides, being an outstanding Christian musician, he is just so real. My only disappointment , was Jason didn't do the song he does called, "I will wait for You" (I love that song!) I understand he doesn't generally perform his "hits". He tries to just go with where he feels the Lord is leading...and you can't argue with that.
Also have been listening to a couple of Christ For The Nations CDs, ever heard them do 'Alabaster Jar'? Simply incredible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2007, 09:06 PM

3,434 posts, read 6,559,704 times
Hung up on the Newsboys and Toby Mac right now.

Old 05-25-2007, 09:14 PM

1,934 posts, read 3,127,610 times
Default Ditto

Quote:
Originally Posted by arguy1973 View Post
Hung up on the Newsboys and Toby Mac right now.
I actually got to see Newsboys in concert when they came to Altoona, PA with Skillet (not bad.. a little heavy [live performance] for me) and Kutless. It was an AWESOME show. They all really give God all the glory, esp. with the 45 min sermon from the lead singer of Newsboys.

Also saw Matt Redman and Chris Tomlin in concert in State College, PA. Also another great show that put all the attention on God and giving Him the glory and another 45 min sermon from Louis..somebody (I forgot his name )

Old 05-25-2007, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mams1559 View Post
I actually got to see Newsboys in concert when they came to Altoona, PA with Skillet (not bad.. a little heavy [live performance] for me) and Kutless. It was an AWESOME show. They all really give God all the glory, esp. with the 45 min sermon from the lead singer of Newsboys.

Also saw Matt Redman and Chris Tomlin in concert in State College, PA. Also another great show that put all the attention on God and giving Him the glory and another 45 min sermon from Louis..somebody (I forgot his name )
is it louis pallah--i know that names misspelled but sounds right? I havent got to see the newsboys yet, Jars of Clay were good in concert, best one Ive been to was when I took the youth group to see Todd Agnew, thats guy has some serious depth about him, Jonah33 and joy whitlock was there also.

Old 05-25-2007, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mams1559 View Post
another 45 min sermon from Louis..somebody (I forgot his name )
probably Giglio. Was it a Student Life event?

Old 05-25-2007, 09:29 PM

1,934 posts, read 3,127,610 times
Talking That's it !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
probably Giglio. Was it a Student Life event?
Giglio...of course!!! No, I don't think it was Student Life. It was just in March?..or was it April? .. man, my memory I'd hope I would remember if it was, but I don't believe so...but can you trust what I've just said?? LOL..

Old 05-25-2007, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arguy1973 View Post
best one Ive been to was when I took the youth group to see Todd Agnew, thats guy has some serious depth about him
Todd Agnew is no joke. His lyrics and conviction are palpable. Taking my youth group to see him in Charlotte around the end of June. June 30th I think. At Knight's Castle, our AAA ballpark. Can't wait to see him.

Old 05-25-2007, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
Todd Agnew is no joke. His lyrics and conviction are palpable. Taking my youth group to see him in Charlotte around the end of June. June 30th I think. At Knight's Castle, our AAA ballpark. Can't wait to see him.
Def no joke, some of the things he said, he stopped in the middle of his concert to talk about what really following Jesus meant, really made an impact on some of the teens, so much that we continued on it the next Sunday morning!

Old 05-26-2007, 07:37 PM

12,382 posts, read 14,669,250 times
Old ones are my favorites :It is no secret, Peace in the valley, Beyond the sunset,,etc..They all bring back childhood memories and a more peaceful time. I Love all the christmas carols. Love the morman tabernacle boys choir

Old 05-26-2007, 07:53 PM

3,927 posts, read 5,628,887 times
I like the oldies, hymns..

What A Friend We Have In Jesus
Send the Light
He Pilots My Ship - Heismen Quartet
I'll Fly Away by Chuckwagon Gang
Three Wooden Crosses by Randy Travis
Peace in the Valley & How Great Thou Art by Elvis Presley
He Lives
Wings of a Dove sung by Loretta Lynn
Softly and Tenderly

oh I could go on and on and on and on...I love hymns!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity