Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 06:53 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,438,070 times

Advertisements

YouTube - Twila Paris - Lamb of God
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2009, 04:21 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,022,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
I'm CONFIDENT that His will, will be done, on earth as it IS in Heaven! I"m fully committed. Willing to bet my life on Him...................................Final Answer!!
Wow. They were honest questions. Nothing to get in a snit about. Ponder them then answer with a true heart. You've never met the guy. You've never heard Him teach. You've never heard His truths, only what someone else proclaimed at least 70 years after His death. That's a long time. You can honestly sit there and say that they actually quoted His teachings word for word.? I don't think so.
I'm a truth seeker and if it doesn't ring true in my soul, I discard it. It doesn't matter where I get the information, if it doesn't ring true in my soul, it's worthless. I believe everyone should question everything. I believe that truth is of the soul. I also believe that Jesus would not want His students to just believe in something just because it was taught to them. Jesus wanted people to ponder His words to get the true meaning. No one does that these days. They think if their parents or friends believe in something than it must be true. Just because something has been believed for thousands of years, does not make it true.

I just asked out of curiosity and my intentions were honest and sincere. I'm sorry you aren't comfortable in your trust in God to answer them instead of going in a circle from a book and not answering them.

We all know, well most of us, that God's will be done. We all know that what God wants, He gets. God lies in Love and perfection. Man is fallible so we do not lie in Love and perfection yet. Based on your soul condition, I'm CONFIDENT that you won't see Jesus or God when you die and rise up in the spirit world only because you have never met Him and because you are following man.

If I'm out of line, I apologize. I think it, I say it. It's just how I am. No harm intended, just thought provoking questions.

Old 10-27-2009, 04:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
His true sheep will know His voice.

Not if it contradicted His Holy Word.

Jesus lives in my heart. I know Him.

He didn't tell Thomas that. He won't tell me that.

John 20

27Then he said to Thomas, "Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe."
28Thomas said to him, "My Lord and my God!" 29Then Jesus told him, "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed."
He didn't tell Thomas because Thomas would not have been able to grasp that idea. It was new to them and they had never heard of it. Jesus would not teach something if it would upset the way things were done. Jesus came to proclaim freedom from the bondage of man. Thomas would not have understood that. Jesus taught a higher consciousness and even the other Apostles could not grasp it until AFTER Penticost. John and Mary Magdalene were the only two that grasped anything that Jesus talked about. Jesus always talked about the spirit world. None of His teachings refer to this world. He always talked about the soul. None of the writers included those teachings in the bible. If His teachings are in your heart then you will understand what I'm talking about. If not, well then you should really raise your consciousness to a level that you can grasp it. You know how to do that. It's in your bible, right?

Old 10-27-2009, 05:14 AM

1,168 posts, read 2,503,030 times
Soon and very soon we are going to see the King. I am excited and I cannot even imagine what that day will finally be like. Amazing.

Old 10-27-2009, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennaflorrie View Post
Soon and very soon we are going to see the King. I am excited and I cannot even imagine what that day will finally be like. Amazing.
Now.........isn't that the truth? To you........

Old 10-27-2009, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
Wow. They were honest questions. Nothing to get in a snit about. Ponder them then answer with a true heart. You've never met the guy. You've never heard Him teach. You've never heard His truths, only what someone else proclaimed at least 70 years after His death. That's a long time. You can honestly sit there and say that they actually quoted His teachings word for word.? I don't think so.
I'm a truth seeker and if it doesn't ring true in my soul, I discard it. It doesn't matter where I get the information, if it doesn't ring true in my soul, it's worthless. I believe everyone should question everything. I believe that truth is of the soul. I also believe that Jesus would not want His students to just believe in something just because it was taught to them. Jesus wanted people to ponder His words to get the true meaning. No one does that these days. They think if their parents or friends believe in something than it must be true. Just because something has been believed for thousands of years, does not make it true.

I just asked out of curiosity and my intentions were honest and sincere. I'm sorry you aren't comfortable in your trust in God to answer them instead of going in a circle from a book and not answering them.

We all know, well most of us, that God's will be done. We all know that what God wants, He gets. God lies in Love and perfection. Man is fallible so we do not lie in Love and perfection yet. Based on your soul condition, I'm CONFIDENT that you won't see Jesus or God when you die and rise up in the spirit world only because you have never met Him and because you are following man.

If I'm out of line, I apologize. I think it, I say it. It's just how I am. No harm intended, just thought provoking questions.

No, everyone does not question everything.......Some are confident that GOD WILL DO AS HE SAYS HE WILL. Some of us have respect for His Holy Name.

Old 10-27-2009, 07:31 PM

Quote:
He didn't tell Thomas because Thomas would not have been able to grasp that idea. It was new to them and they had never heard of it. Jesus would not teach something if it would upset the way things were done. Jesus came to proclaim freedom from the bondage of man. Thomas would not have understood that. Jesus taught a higher consciousness and even the other Apostles could not grasp it until AFTER Penticost. John and Mary Magdalene were the only two that grasped anything that Jesus talked about. Jesus always talked about the spirit world. None of His teachings refer to this world. He always talked about the soul. None of the writers included those teachings in the bible. If His teachings are in your heart then you will understand what I'm talking about. If not, well then you should really raise your consciousness to a level that you can grasp it. You know how to do that. It's in your bible, right?

This one's for you, meditate on it..........with Love and Peace.........

YouTube - Coming of the Lamb - Thomas Dekker

Old 10-28-2009, 04:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
This one's for you, meditate on it..........with Love and Peace.........
Very nice. What am I supposed to meditate on? I've seen the ocean that God created. I've listened to the waves splash on the shore in my own moments of tranquility. The music is soft and pretty and I can get that in my own collection. I personally like Kenny G.
I meditate everyday and bask in God's loving embrace. What does that video have to do with the Lamb in the questions I asked of you. I, too, know God's Will be done. That was not my question.

It's ok that you have no answers. I understand the condition of your soul. You want me to be like you. You want me to see the world through your eyes as well as God. I can't do that. I have God within me so I don't need to see through your eyes. We each have a piece of God's puzzle. I can't have your piece nor you mine.

Just be. Be Love and have a nice day.

Old 10-30-2009, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Very nice. What am I supposed to meditate on? I've seen the ocean that God created. I've listened to the waves splash on the shore in my own moments of tranquility. The music is soft and pretty and I can get that in my own collection. I personally like Kenny G.
I meditate everyday and bask in God's loving embrace. What does that video have to do with the Lamb in the questions I asked of you. I, too, know God's Will be done. That was not my question.

It's ok that you have no answers. I understand the condition of your soul. You want me to be like you. You want me to see the world through your eyes as well as God. I can't do that. I have God within me so I don't need to see through your eyes. We each have a piece of God's puzzle. I can't have your piece nor you mine.

Just be. Be Love and have a nice day.
Thank you for sharing............now let's focus on the Lamb of God.

Old 10-30-2009, 09:14 AM

YouTube - By His Wounds - Steven Curtis Chapman, Brian Littrell, Mac Powell, Mark Hall
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity