U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2009, 01:16 PM

4,267 posts, read 3,537,239 times
Default Loud mouth preacher to the rescue!!

When I witness to people I often ask, "If you were to die in the next five minutes, where would you go, Heaven or Hell?" Or when I'm teaching a class on soul-winning, I ask, "Would you be able to tell someone how to be saved if he had only five minutes to live?" Full article here: Loud-Mouthed Preacher To The Rescue (http://rapturealert.com/2009/101209loudpreacher.asp - broken link)

Awesome isn't it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2009, 02:25 PM

1,517 posts, read 966,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
When I witness to people I often ask, "If you were to die in the next five minutes, where would you go, Heaven or Hell?" Or when I'm teaching a class on soul-winning, I ask, "Would you be able to tell someone how to be saved if he had only five minutes to live?" Full article here: Loud-Mouthed Preacher To The Rescue (http://rapturealert.com/2009/101209loudpreacher.asp - broken link)

Awesome isn't it?
Awesome isn't the word I would use. Personally I would focus on medical assistance not screaming at someone to accept Christ. It is also pretty arrogant to think that you have to save them, how would you know they aren't already a Christian? Oh wait you can't.

Old 10-25-2009, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
Awesome isn't the word I would use. Personally I would focus on medical assistance not screaming at someone to accept Christ. It is also pretty arrogant to think that you have to save them, how would you know they aren't already a Christian? Oh wait you can't.

Are you in love with Christ? This would make the difference in understanding what you've posted here. Tell me.......

Old 10-25-2009, 03:43 PM

6,805 posts, read 4,565,491 times
Quote:

Awesome isn't it?
Dear God... please allow the preacher to pass by when I am dying! Instead make sure it is a nurse or someone who won't shake me and scream at me that I am a sinner going to hell! AMEN.

Old 10-25-2009, 03:56 PM

1,862 posts, read 2,688,517 times
The burning question: is mouth-to-mouth resusitation only allowed in church???

If so, you'll have to just go ahead and die.

Old 10-25-2009, 04:34 PM

18,949 posts, read 8,798,458 times
Betsey

Who do you think this scripture is referring to ?

A bruised reed he will not break, and a smoldering wick he will not snuff out. In faithfulness he will bring forth justice; Isaiah 42

Does this sound like a loud mouth bible bashing preacher to the rescue ?.

Old 10-26-2009, 03:37 PM

You all are sooo missing the point. WOW!! If you were laying there dying, would you have wanted someone to stay and comfort you until help comes? Or perhaps your decision for Christ has already been made and you are confident you have nothing to worry about?

Old 10-26-2009, 04:09 PM

2,345 posts, read 2,515,373 times
Quote:
You all are sooo missing the point. WOW!! If you were laying there dying, would you have wanted someone to stay and comfort you until help comes? Or perhaps your decision for Christ has already been made and you are confident you have nothing to worry about?

Comfort?! What is comforting about a loud mouthed preacher telling me to repent or burn in hell?!

Old 10-26-2009, 04:13 PM

1,862 posts, read 2,688,517 times
I'm not missing the point at all. I think every dying person should be given the opportunity to make their peace with the Lord, if they have not already done so; obviously, the point is that the girl stopped breathing and, instead of doing CPR, this "loud-mouthed preacher" was screaming in her face.
He was basically holding her in his arms, letting her die.
If someone stops breathing, they need rescue breaths, you don't just start screaming at them.
The entire story sounds a bit odd to me.

Old 10-26-2009, 05:47 PM

Default The moral of the story....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundance View Post
I'm not missing the point at all. I think every dying person should be given the opportunity to make their peace with the Lord, if they have not already done so; obviously, the point is that the girl stopped breathing and, instead of doing CPR, this "loud-mouthed preacher" was screaming in her face.
He was basically holding her in his arms, letting her die.
If someone stops breathing, they need rescue breaths, you don't just start screaming at them.
The entire story sounds a bit odd to me.

Is that the only thing that you gathered from the story? Your missing some MAJOR points Sundance. Did he even know how to do CPR? The fact of the matter IS she's alive and she gained yet another day, who knows what she now....... contributes to someone else's life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity