Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2009, 08:14 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,657,614 times

Advertisements

Back in 1988, on a beautiful sunny Easter Sunday morning, these words were spoken over me upon confessing with my mouth and believing in my heart, that Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior...

The Lord God hath given me the tongue of the learned, that I should know how to speak a word in season to him that is weary: He wakeneth morning by morning, He wakeneth mine ear to hear as the learned.
The Lord God hath opened mine ear, and I was not rebellious, neither turned away back.
I gave my back to the smiters, and my cheeks to them that plucked off the hair: I hid not my face from shame and spitting.
For the Lord God will help me; therefore shall I not be confounded: therefore have I set my face like a flint, and I know that I shall not be ashamed.
He is near that justifieth me; who will contend with me? let us stand together: who is mine adversary? let him come near to me.
Isaiah 50:4-8.

For Jesus, the road to Jerusalem was not easy but His concern to do the Father's will kept Him going.

How many times out of frustration have you said to yourself, "If only I knew God's will...If only God would show me clearly what He wants me to do with my life, I would do it!"

On the road to Jerusalem the disciples did not know God's will, even after Jesus had clearly revealed it to them, because they were concerned only with what they felt was God's will for their lives. They felt it was God's will for Christ to set up an earthly kingdom, where they were going to sit on twelve thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
In seeking to know God's will for your life, you must first see an overall picture of that will...His plan and purpose for man...and then determine where God wants you to fit into that plan.

God's will for man was revealed in Jesus' life and ministry. Jesus said, "For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of Him that sent me" (John 6:38).
God has willed that the works of Satan...sin...sickness...and death, would be destroyed and that man be restored to fellowship with Him. "...For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil" (1 John 3:8).

It is His will that none should perish:
"The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance" (2 Peter 3:9).

It is His will that the world might be saved:
"For God sent not His Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through Him might be saved" (John 3:17).

On the road to Jerusalem Jesus set His face like flint. He DETERMINED TO DO GOD'S WILL regardless of the cost. He was obedient even unto death...Philippians 2:8; "And being found in fashion as a man, He humbled Himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross."...and, through the shedding of His blood, God's will was made valid and put in force.

This is His will...

...that all men be saved. It is God's will that His will be done here on earth. He commanded us, "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you..." (Matthew 28:19-20).

This is God's will for your life!

We must set our faces like flint. We must DETERMINE TO DO HIS WILL...winning the lost...regardless the cost. This must be the one driving force behind all our actions. We must keep our eyes set and focus our efforts first on this one objective.

God help me.

In Christ,
Love,
Verna.

Last edited by Verna Perry; 10-25-2009 at 08:27 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2009, 09:18 PM

2,287 posts, read 2,586,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
Back in 1988, on a beautiful sunny Easter Sunday morning, these words were spoken over me upon confessing with my mouth and believing in my heart, that Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior...

The Lord God hath given me the tongue of the learned, that I should know how to speak a word in season to him that is weary: He wakeneth morning by morning, He wakeneth mine ear to hear as the learned.
The Lord God hath opened mine ear, and I was not rebellious, neither turned away back.
I gave my back to the smiters, and my cheeks to them that plucked off the hair: I hid not my face from shame and spitting.
For the Lord God will help me; therefore shall I not be confounded: therefore have I set my face like a flint, and I know that I shall not be ashamed.
He is near that justifieth me; who will contend with me? let us stand together: who is mine adversary? let him come near to me.

For Jesus, the road to Jerusalem was not easy but His concern to do the Father's will kept Him going.

How many times out of frustration have you said to yourself, "If only I knew God's will...If only God would show me clearly what He wants me to do with my life, I would do it!"

On the road to Jerusalem the disciples did not know God's will, even after Jesus had clearly revealed it to them, because they were concerned only with what they felt was God's will for their lives. They felt it was God's will for Christ to set up an earthly kingdom, where they were going to sit on twelve thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
In seeking to know God's will for your life, you must first see an overall picture of that will...His plan and purpose for man...and then determine where God wants you to fit into that plan.

God's will for man was revealed in Jesus' life and ministry. Jesus said, "For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of Him that sent me" (John 6:38).
God has willed that the works of Satan...sin...sickness...and death, would be destroyed and that man be restored to fellowship with Him. "...For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil" (1 John 3:8).

"The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance" (2 Peter 3:9).

"For God sent not His Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through Him might be saved" (John 3:17).

On the road to Jerusalem Jesus set His face like flint. He DETERMINED TO DO GOD'S WILL regardless of the cost. He was obedient even unto death...Philippians 2:8; "And being found in fashion as a man, He humbled Himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross."...and, through the shedding of His blood, God's will was made valid and put in force.

This is His will...

...that all men be saved. It is God's will that His will be done here on earth. He commanded us, "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you..." (Matthew 28:19-20).

We must set our faces like flint. We must DETERMINE TO DO HIS WILL...winning the lost...regardless the cost. This must be the one driving force behind all our actions. We must keep our eyes set and focus our efforts first on this one objective.

God help me.

In Christ,
Love,
Verna.
Holy proof-texting batman. It always amazes me how some folks put together a string of totally non-related passages or pericopes from Scripture and get it to tell the story/agenda they wish to push.

Can I do that as well... I am sure I could find proof in scripture for my love of beer

Old 10-25-2009, 09:28 PM

1,952 posts, read 4,788,118 times
Quote:
God's will for my life is that I develop the character of Christ.
If one develops Christ-like character, that ALONE will win people to Him, because they will see Christ in us.....
People can debate the existance of God all day long, they can argue doctrine, etc., but when one is faced with a genuine Christian, with a genuine love for the Lord, and him/herself and humanity, there is no denying what is standing right in front of you.
Jesus can do this, in all of our lives......if we will be still, and listen.

Old 10-27-2009, 07:24 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,438,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post

This is His will...

God help me.

In Christ,
Love,
Verna.

I'LL STAND WITH YOU!!!
No Weapons form against us...........yes, US!!

Love, Betsey
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity