Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2009, 08:46 PM

33,221 posts, read 26,417,924 times

Advertisements

If you are a believer in the Lord Jesus Christ, you have an appointment at the Judgment or Bema Seat of Christ. So you should have an intense interest in what is involved at the Judgment Seat. It's not about sin at all. It is about the evaluation of your works which Christ determines to be 'gold, silver, and precious stones,' and the works that He determines to be 'wood, hay, and stubble.' The rewards are represented by 'crowns' of which there are several different kinds.

As a believer, your eternal status in eternity (rewards-responsibilities-decorations-priveleges) is determined by your spiritual production on earth, and is the purpose of the Judgment Seat of Christ.

I am presenting this link which has a wealth of information concerning the Bema Seat. Since you are going to be there if you are a believer, it would behove you to take an interest. But it's just a suggestion.

The Doctrine of Rewards: The Judgment Seat (Bema) of Christ | Bible.org | Home of NET Bible on-line, Bible Study tools, Free Bible
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2009, 08:54 PM

4,346 posts, read 6,616,026 times
Very simple - all that is selfless Agape love is eternal. Those who study how to get more rewards and have a better eternal status completely miss the point. All such efforts will be consumed.

"This is my commandment that you love one another as I have loved you."

Take an intense interest in that.

Old 10-25-2009, 09:05 PM

33,221 posts, read 26,417,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
Very simple - all that is selfless Agape love is eternal. Those who study how to get more rewards and have a better eternal status completely miss the point. All such efforts will be consumed.

You won't understand the issue, or know the point of the article unless you look at it. Since rewards at the Judgment seat of Christ are a part of the word of God, and since Paul thought it to be of major importance, you might at least take a minute and look. It's your choice.

For those who do care, have a look.

The Doctrine of Rewards: The Judgment Seat (Bema) of Christ | Bible.org | Home of NET Bible on-line, Bible Study tools, Free Bible

Old 10-25-2009, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
You won't understand the issue,
Sorry - you're right, I should have at least read it before commenting but I have studied this somewhat over the last 32 years.

A young believer wants to know all the technicalities of how they should try to be a great Christian and to please God etc. Nothing wrong with that...

... UNLESS you get stuck there. All too often organizations or even technical systematic studies will get you in a rut.

With maturity you come full circle and zoe life gets very very simple.

"Love one another as I have loved you". We learn to Love God (whom we have not seen) by loving man (who we can see) and have to deal with in real life.

I don't mean to just be contrary to everything orthodox but try to contribute a fresh perspective on things.

Carry on kind sir...

Old 10-25-2009, 11:48 PM

Good article Mike.

"The graduates do not leave the auditorium weeping because they did not earn better grades. Rather, they are thankful that they have been graduated, and they are grateful for what they did achieve."

Thanks for posting!

Old 10-26-2009, 03:24 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,277,299 times
Quote:

Sounds like something my spirit is very interested in .

Forbid it Lord that i should boast, save in the death of Christ my God

Old 10-26-2009, 08:08 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,561,731 times
Quote:

Not entirely correct-the works that won't bring about rewards will be burned up

Old 10-26-2009, 09:26 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,209,859 times
Quote:
Sorry - you're right, I should have at least read it before commenting but I have studied this somewhat over the last 32 years.

A young believer wants to know all the technicalities of how they should try to be a great Christian and to please God etc. Nothing wrong with that...

... UNLESS you get stuck there. All too often organizations or even technical systematic studies will get you in a rut.

With maturity you come full circle and zoe life gets very very simple.

"Love one another as I have loved you". We learn to Love God (whom we have not seen) by loving man (who we can see) and have to deal with in real life.

I don't mean to just be contrary to everything orthodox but try to contribute a fresh perspective on things.

Carry on kind sir...
AWESOME.....now if only more would recognize it....

Old 10-26-2009, 09:30 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,209,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Not entirely correct-the works that won't bring about rewards will be burned up
And what are the works that won't be burned up?

Anyone? Anyone?

LOVE!!!

Old 10-26-2009, 09:48 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,561,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
And what are the works that won't be burned up?

Anyone? Anyone?

LOVE!!!
sharing your faith, persecution etc.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity