Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 04:12 PM

4,346 posts, read 6,617,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
Happens to me all of the time, as well as 11:42. I still feel like it means something in spite of all the sarcasm and rude comments in this thread.
I admitted before that the 11:11 thing is very strange. Sometimes I'll wake up from a sound sleep and check the clock and it's 11:11. But it all started when a friend of mine (who happens to be schizophrenic) told me one day that God told her the 'rapture' would be on 1-1-11. Shortly thereafter I saw this thread (back when it was fresh).

Personally I suspect the subconscious mind is far more powerful and aware of it's surroundings than we know. The very day my friend told me I was driving at night thinking how strange this lady is and when I glanced over to check the time it was 11:11 and I thought "man, if I was superstitious that would be freaky!". Now - did I see the clock subconsciously out of the corner of my eye but not register it until I glanced over to see the 11:11?

A couple of days later I had a late night and woke up precisely at 11:11AM and that's a little harder to figure out but still, I wonder if the subconscious mind is aware of time on it's own? This happened several times as well as a few 1:11 sightings (!). After a few weeks it subsided.

I forgot all about it until reading this thread this morning and (interestingly) my computer clock said 5:55 so I posted but then noticed the clock was off by 2 minutes (that's why the re-post).

Synchronicity does play a big part of faith in most believers whether they admit it or not - that phone call just when you needed it or that verse that popped up describing the exact situation you were in, that person you hadn't seen in 10 years who called the day after you were thinking about them - etc etc etc - all work to cause a belief in the existence of the unseen world.

Of course I DO believe in the unseen world but am very skeptical of my own experiences much less that of others. My mind is very creative and imaginative but yet is tempered with a LOT of reason and common sense.

One more quick story. Back in the early 80's when my oldest daughter was three weeks old my wife came running into my recording studio (attached to the side of our house) and yelled "The house is on fire!!!".

First of all - no smoke alarm and mommy and baby were napping back in our bedroom with a window AC blocking one window and an rusty old style (skinny) crank window which we had trouble opening (much less fitting through) for the other. Our doorbell didn't work so when it started ringing over and over it woke my wife up - there was no one there. Then she smelled the smoke. She alerted me (other end of the house) and by the time she hurried out with the baby the living room ceiling opened up and the smoke billowed in.

I went back to the studio to try and salvage my recording gear - throwing it out onto the lawn. I ignored the fireman's commands to get out (that gear is EXPENSIVE) and I continued until a firehouse stream through part of the collapsing ceiling in the sub-freezing temperature shocked me back into reality and I ran the last gear out the garage door.

If the doorbell had NOT gone off very likely my wife and daughter would have perished as the fire spread quickly through the attic in the center of the house and would have been undetectable from the back bedroom until well after it burst through the living room ceiling and filled escape routes with smoke and fire (I had to use the garage door to get the studio gear out).

Now - shorting doorbell wires in the attic can explain the broken door bell ringing but HOW CONVENIENT!!!

The next day while sifting through the rubble I found one surviving card from a scripture promise box we kept on the kitchen table (which had contained hundreds of cards each with one 'promise' scripture). Retrieving it from the wet gray muck I was shocked at the verse: Is. 32:18 "And my people shall dwell in a peaceable habitation, and in sure dwellings, and in quiet resting-places."
So - out of all those cards and in the middle of disaster I get a specific promise for the future, relating directly to housing. Again, how convenient.

All sheer coincidence and happenstance? It's possible - but I believe my family was rescued supernaturally that day. Now, the atheist will say "What about all the families which DO perish?" Good question - I don't know, I only know that day we beat all the odds in the craziest of ways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2010, 07:54 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,128,885 times
I firmly believe there is a reason for EVERYTHING that happens.

Whether that means people see 11:11 and think it is a sign, or if two wires short together causing the doorbell to ring... it was meant to happen.

Everything happens for a reason - there are no coincidences.

Now why would this be? Because God has already planned it all out. Many of these so-called "coincidences" are us catching a glimpse of God's plan in action.

When I was in high school we went on a band trip to another city. While there me and a couple friends went for a walk over to the convenience store a few blocks away. This was later at night, and we ran into some ruffians looking for a fight. I am not the fighting sort, and was never so scared for my life. Me & my friends took off running, my heart was racing from Adrenalin. We made it back to the safety of the dorm we were staying at.

When I returned home a few days later, my dad asked me if anything strange happened because he had a dream that we were in danger, on the exact evening when we confronted.

It was strange and I could never explain how my dad had that dream.

Anyway its all just proof to me that there is a cosmic plan that we are all a a part of.

JMHO of course

I don't really understand the 11:11 thing though, I don't think its happened to me ...

Old 04-23-2010, 08:06 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,622,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
I admitted before that the 11:11 thing is very strange. Sometimes I'll wake up from a sound sleep and check the clock and it's 11:11. But it all started when a friend of mine (who happens to be schizophrenic) told me one day that God told her the 'rapture' would be on 1-1-11. Shortly thereafter I saw this thread (back when it was fresh).

Personally I suspect the subconscious mind is far more powerful and aware of it's surroundings than we know. The very day my friend told me I was driving at night thinking how strange this lady is and when I glanced over to check the time it was 11:11 and I thought "man, if I was superstitious that would be freaky!". Now - did I see the clock subconsciously out of the corner of my eye but not register it until I glanced over to see the 11:11?

A couple of days later I had a late night and woke up precisely at 11:11AM and that's a little harder to figure out but still, I wonder if the subconscious mind is aware of time on it's own? This happened several times as well as a few 1:11 sightings (!). After a few weeks it subsided.

I forgot all about it until reading this thread this morning and (interestingly) my computer clock said 5:55 so I posted but then noticed the clock was off by 2 minutes (that's why the re-post).

Synchronicity does play a big part of faith in most believers whether they admit it or not - that phone call just when you needed it or that verse that popped up describing the exact situation you were in, that person you hadn't seen in 10 years who called the day after you were thinking about them - etc etc etc - all work to cause a belief in the existence of the unseen world.

Of course I DO believe in the unseen world but am very skeptical of my own experiences much less that of others. My mind is very creative and imaginative but yet is tempered with a LOT of reason and common sense.

One more quick story. Back in the early 80's when my oldest daughter was three weeks old my wife came running into my recording studio (attached to the side of our house) and yelled "The house is on fire!!!".

First of all - no smoke alarm and mommy and baby were napping back in our bedroom with a window AC blocking one window and an rusty old style (skinny) crank window which we had trouble opening (much less fitting through) for the other. Our doorbell didn't work so when it started ringing over and over it woke my wife up - there was no one there. Then she smelled the smoke. She alerted me (other end of the house) and by the time she hurried out with the baby the living room ceiling opened up and the smoke billowed in.

I went back to the studio to try and salvage my recording gear - throwing it out onto the lawn. I ignored the fireman's commands to get out (that gear is EXPENSIVE) and I continued until a firehouse stream through part of the collapsing ceiling in the sub-freezing temperature shocked me back into reality and I ran the last gear out the garage door.

If the doorbell had NOT gone off very likely my wife and daughter would have perished as the fire spread quickly through the attic in the center of the house and would have been undetectable from the back bedroom until well after it burst through the living room ceiling and filled escape routes with smoke and fire (I had to use the garage door to get the studio gear out).

Now - shorting doorbell wires in the attic can explain the broken door bell ringing but HOW CONVENIENT!!!

The next day while sifting through the rubble I found one surviving card from a scripture promise box we kept on the kitchen table (which had contained hundreds of cards each with one 'promise' scripture). Retrieving it from the wet gray muck I was shocked at the verse: Is. 32:18 "And my people shall dwell in a peaceable habitation, and in sure dwellings, and in quiet resting-places."
So - out of all those cards and in the middle of disaster I get a specific promise for the future, relating directly to housing. Again, how convenient.

All sheer coincidence and happenstance? It's possible - but I believe my family was rescued supernaturally that day. Now, the atheist will say "What about all the families which DO perish?" Good question - I don't know, I only know that day we beat all the odds in the craziest of ways.
Wow, that's an amazing "supernatural" story FB!! God was definitely watching over you and your family and wanted you to know you would be safe after that. Amazing.

I still don't know what the 11:11 phenomenon is all about....I know Reverend 1111 has her own interpretation of it but I'm not buying into all of that. I just believe it is maybe affirmation that God is with us.

Old 04-23-2010, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post

Whether that means people see 11:11 and think it is a sign, or if two wires short together causing the doorbell to ring... it was meant to happen.

Everything happens for a reason - there are no coincidences.

Now why would this be? Because God has already planned it all out. Many of these so-called "coincidences" are us catching a glimpse of God's plan in action.

When I was in high school we went on a band trip to another city. While there me and a couple friends went for a walk over to the convenience store a few blocks away. This was later at night, and we ran into some ruffians looking for a fight. I am not the fighting sort, and was never so scared for my life. Me & my friends took off running, my heart was racing from Adrenalin. We made it back to the safety of the dorm we were staying at.

When I returned home a few days later, my dad asked me if anything strange happened because he had a dream that we were in danger, on the exact evening when we confronted.

It was strange and I could never explain how my dad had that dream.

Anyway its all just proof to me that there is a cosmic plan that we are all a a part of.

JMHO of course

I don't really understand the 11:11 thing though, I don't think its happened to me ...
I believe that too (bolded part above) Legoman. There has been some very freaky things that have happened to me during my life, like the dream your Dad had about you being in danger. That's very bizarre. It's stuff like this that makes you go.......and......!! I don't understand the 11:11 thing either....I only know that it happens to me A LOT.

Old 04-23-2010, 09:22 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,555,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post

JMHO of course
I believe its all predestined, there are no coincidences, I haven't always believed this. After the death of my father and the 1111 phenomonon,( it been 12 yrs now) began to turn my thinking around.

There are days, I still feel like it's all under my control though.

Old 04-23-2010, 10:12 PM

45 posts, read 47,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post

I had something very similar happen to me. The house we were living in at the time caught on fire when I had just fallen asleep a bit before. My husband was working, so it was just me and the dogs and cats there. The garage door opened, which was very noisy, and the dogs started barking. I sat up and listened, thinking my husband was sick or something and came home, but no one ever came in. I then thought maybe someone was messing around in the back yard and hit the button to the door inside the small garage door (there were two buttons, one in front n one in back), so I peeked out the back bedroom window and heard the crackling of the fire and saw the light blazing from the flames.

Anyway, all got out fine, got the house remodeled, but came to find out that there was no wire shortage, no reason whatsoever that ANYONE could find that the garage door should have opened. Very strange. I think God or angels or someone was definitely protecting me that night.

Old 04-24-2010, 01:20 AM

4,346 posts, read 6,617,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellamamma View Post
I had something very similar happen to me. The house we were living in at the time caught on fire when I had just fallen asleep a bit before. My husband was working, so it was just me and the dogs and cats there. The garage door opened, which was very noisy, and the dogs started barking. I sat up and listened, thinking my husband was sick or something and came home, but no one ever came in. I then thought maybe someone was messing around in the back yard and hit the button to the door inside the small garage door (there were two buttons, one in front n one in back), so I peeked out the back bedroom window and heard the crackling of the fire and saw the light blazing from the flames.

Anyway, all got out fine, got the house remodeled, but came to find out that there was no wire shortage, no reason whatsoever that ANYONE could find that the garage door should have opened. Very strange. I think God or angels or someone was definitely protecting me that night.
Wow, how cool is this stuff????

Old 04-24-2010, 05:23 AM

Very cool and very spiritually enlightening!!

Old 09-02-2010, 11:14 AM

4 posts, read 7,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
Well FB, it is strange isn't it? I don't discount anything when it comes to God. Everyone has gotten the impression that I think someone is trying to "speak to me" but that's not it....I don't hear voices or think angels are dying to tell me something.

I think it's a riddle that I obviously haven't figured out yet. And if people think God does not speak in riddles then explain to me all the parables in the Bible or the number 666....which says.........right there in the Bible.......this:

Revelation 13:18
This calls for WISDOM. If anyone has INSIGHT, LET HIM CALCULATE THE NUMBER of the beast, for it is man's number. His number is 666.

So tell me, is this a numerical riddle or not? Has anyone been able to say for sure who or what the "beast" is? Nope. Can I ever say for sure that I will figure this out? Nope. I just wanted to see who here has experienced something similar and if we could share our thoughts about what is going on. Thanks to Reverend1111, although I don't agree with her assessment of the situation at least she's open-minded.

Not all of this is directed at you FB, just letting it all out.

hello my friend, God does not speak in riddles but in parables and in symbols, in the spirit we can understand therefore we have to get to know the Lord personal before we go and investigate, the greek letters in what they translated in 666, John saw a vision and he saw a sign where he saw that name and number of the beast, it would be the number of a man,

that same number written in that way, where found back in 2 religions, first on the crown of the pope, where it says Vicarius filii dei, wich means ''Representative of the Son of God'' and they teach you can only come to the Son trough the pope, thats a huge lie, for i know Jesus personaly, in Love for one another we walk with God for he himself made his dwelling place in our hearts trough his Holy spirit,

and second in Islam the same signs, are found , the greek 666 on how it is written is found in the islam, wich means ''bismillah'' in the name of allah,
and in islam when they go to war they have to wear a badge on their right hand or on their forehead wich says bismillah, in that way they reckognise their soldiers, also the word badge in greek the written language of the new testament is Charagma wich litteral means badge of servitude, and also a scar or a stamp, it would be something wich wee can see

also the word Wisdom in the verse
Revelation 13:18

Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

the Word Wisdom is written in the greek word sophia wich means wisdom, wisdom in a spiritual sense, he who walk with God can acheave that wisdom, wich is first to walk in Love for one another, accept Gods peace in your heart, and the eternal love and fire wich he can and will place in you when you accept Jesus Christ as our personal savior, when we keep walking in his truth we will know the truth for Jesus is the Way the truth and the Life, and we shall know the truth and the truth shall make us free,

there was a conference for a one world religion wich the pope suggested, all religions came toghether, wich is already prophecied what would happen, same as it was in ancient babylon, where the pagan gods of hinduism kabala, islam, and vatican came from, vatican changed their idols astharte into mother mary they even call her the mother of God, she is not the mother of God but the bearer of his temple where he fully dwelled in,
see how deceiving their messages are, same is for islam,
and i found out their connections between islam vaticaan budhism, how they adopted their pagan believes,

first all people have to know God is not into religion, all religions are false, God is into a personal relationship he wants a personal relationship with his creation as a father to child, but he is not going to force anyone it is their own choice if they want to get to know him and follow him, Jesus himself came down to show his true way, and as a child i walk in the footsteps of my Lord my King and father who prepared the way for me in Love and mercy,
we all have rebelled and fallen short for his glory, but trough Him who came down from heaven he himself prepared a way for us to return to our beautifull Lord in Love we walk with him in Love we get to know him and in Love for one another we do things, Love just loves without asking for something in return, Jesus took our punishment upon his own flesh for we all have sinned and where blinned to the truth, Jesus himself saw how lost we where, and because he loves us so much, he took our punishment upon himself to accept his free gift we only have to put our faith and trust in him,

i know Jesus he is pure Love i saw him when he came to heal me, its beyond words i ask everyone just to call on his name in Love, and you will see your lifes will be changed just as he did for me , bless u all

Old 09-02-2010, 11:23 AM

4 posts, read 7,321 times
and on the number 11:11 i have the same same as my cousin,

at first i thaught it was a date,
then i was taking all the bible verses 11:11 out, and what i found in them is mostly, about Ressurection of the death, Judgement/Gods wrath, and Chaos,

and if you look at the thinks happened on 11, March 11, big earthquake, september 11 (9-11) , 11th of august 1986 USA posessed a weapon called Project HAARP, wich also russia accused them of by using it against HAITI,

and we have emergancy number 911, has also to do with Chaos,

and the Jewish feast of Trumpets is on 11 September 2010, wich represents a gathering toghether, when Gods people speak with one voice to the Lord,

i think 2011 will be a very bad year for us
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity