U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 08:19 AM

5,408 posts, read 4,659,683 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mari4him View Post
Okay, I am not trying to be difficult here or go off topic, but trying to understand where you are coming from so bear with me...

Do you believe that because Adam was created first, Eve second from Adam's rib, means that God's intent was that Adam was the head of the household, and thus head over Eve? In other words, that Adam was to rule over Eve and Eve was to submit to Adam?
God never intended for Adam and Eve to sin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2009, 08:21 AM

1,244 posts, read 2,821,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
That wasn't my question though.

Old 10-28-2009, 11:10 AM

7,543 posts, read 11,552,547 times
Quote:
"Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure." (Isa 46:10)

The God of all creation calls ALL the shots - at least that's what I believe.

Old 10-28-2009, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
"Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure." (Isa 46:10)

The God of all creation calls ALL the shots - at least that's what I believe.
Why would God be grieved about man's wickedness if that was the plan?

Old 10-28-2009, 01:40 PM

7,543 posts, read 11,552,547 times
Quote:
Why would God be grieved about man's wickedness if that was the plan?
Because He has the ability to harden someone, use it for His glory, then punish them for being hard.

That's not the definition of sovereignty (doing what He wants, when He wants, with no one's permission is sovereignty), it's just a perk.

Old 10-28-2009, 01:46 PM

4,883 posts, read 5,117,441 times
Quote:
ROFL.....He didn't?

Old 10-28-2009, 03:29 PM

God intended for Adam & Eve to always live holy, just as we are to always live holy. But, when they reached out for sin, it changed everything.

Old 10-28-2009, 05:14 PM

2,945 posts, read 4,771,609 times
Quote:
You mean man can thwart God`s plans? Who is in control here...man or God?
P.S. I hope it`s God

Old 10-28-2009, 05:29 PM

7,374 posts, read 7,198,849 times
Quote:
So then according to you God makes mistakes and then has to clean up the mess which he unfortunately is not very Good at seeing that most people are going to be eternally damned? Talk about an impotent view of God. My understanding of God is much more reliable and dependable than yours, he is in control, and nothing is impossible for him.

You know, whats bad enough is that he placed the tree of knowledge in the garden to begin with if he never intended Adam and eve to eat of its fruit. Sure i hear the word free will all the time in this regard. But then God goes and puts the most crafty and subtle being he has ever created in the garden with them to deceive them and then he gets all upset about it when they are deceived and eat of the fruit of the tree ... ? What fables some people tell themselves to hold on to their backwards doctrines.

And what about the fact that Satan fell from Grace before Adam and Eve ... ? You'd think that if that had been a mistake also God would have at least learned from his first mistake and not Gone and made another one in the same exact vain as the first one. So now, according to this belief system you have, Not only is God not all knowing or all powerful, and not only does he make mistakes, but he continues to make the same mistakes over and again obviously unable to learn from his past mistakes, and is almost helpless to fix the mess he has gotten himself and everybody else into due to his ineptitude ...

Doctor Frankenstein or God ... Which is it?

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 10-28-2009 at 05:40 PM..

Old 10-29-2009, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
So then according to you God makes mistakes ...
Mistakes? God made man in perfection, and gave them domion over the earth. However, they chose to sin; and thus, ruined everything. It was to always be paradise on earth, but sin changed the course of everything. It's a free choice to obey God or disobey.

Was not Satan and 1/3 of the angles made in Heaven? Did God mean for them to sin? No, but they did -- and were cast out. You either obey God or you don't. If you die a willful sinner, you go to a devil's hell. Obedience is everything to God.

And Samuel said, Hath the LORD as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the LORD? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to hearken than the fat of rams. (1 Samuel 15:22)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity