Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 07:24 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,212,046 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suemandy23 View Post
Do you believe it is wrong for a Christian to celebrate Halloween?

If you shouldn't celebrate one pagan holiday(Halloween)...then you shouldn't be celebrating any pagan holidays (Christmas).

There are many pagan holidays, that we as Americans, have assimilated into our culture and celebrate....making a pagan holiday into a Christian holiday in no way honors God...let your conscience be your guide.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2009, 07:34 AM

3,067 posts, read 4,103,910 times
My answer is:
That the people that are against Halloween are just silly.
The night is a lot of fun for kids, and so if you dont enjoy it yourself you are...sad, but Im not going to lose sleep over it.

If you dont want to do anything on Halloween you dont have to, just turn your lights off and pretend you are not home...
and in the morning after you wash the eggs of the front door and you can go back to life as normal...

Old 10-29-2009, 07:37 AM

224 posts, read 689,504 times
Thumbs up I agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
If you shouldn't celebrate one pagan holiday(Halloween)...then you shouldn't be celebrating any pagan holidays (Christmas).

There are many pagan holidays, that we as Americans, have assimilated into our culture and celebrate....making a pagan holiday into a Christian holiday in no way honors God...let your conscience be your guide.
I like that, let your conscience be your guide. Well said. Kudos to you.
I'm headed out right now to buy my costume and candy.

Old 10-29-2009, 07:45 AM
juj

1,657 posts, read 2,633,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
It is wrong for adults to do anything on Halloween except hand out candy at the door.

I think that Halloween is a great kid's day, and that it sould be kept as a kid's day...

I think office Halloween parties are a very bad idea.
I think that adult Halloween parties in general are also a bad idea.

The best thing is that dad takes the kids door to door while mom stays home and answers the door...

That is the best way to spend this fun night.

Adults that go out on Halloween and cause trouble should be sent to jail.
Are you a liberal Democrat? I'm just asking because you seem to know exactly what is best for us on Halloween. You must think we are not capable to making any decisions on our own so we need guidance. Thank you so much for planning my day.

Old 10-29-2009, 07:55 AM

3,067 posts, read 4,103,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juj View Post
You must think we are not capable to making any decisions on our own so we need guidance. Thank you so much for planning my day.
No problem, I'm here to serve...

(by the way, you should seek out a different hair stylist)

Old 10-29-2009, 01:19 PM
juj

1,657 posts, read 2,633,152 times
Quote:
No problem, I'm here to serve...

(by the way, you should seek out a different hair stylist)
Good hair, bad hair. I still wouldn't look very good.

Old 10-29-2009, 01:26 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,179,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
:d
Quote:
Now come on admit it.....that's funny
That was a smiley that was partial birth aborted - it was funny.

Trying again:

Old 10-29-2009, 04:00 PM

2,339 posts, read 4,401,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
WoW, Dani, I never knew this fact all my life until you told me

Hey just pointing out Christian hypocrisy. I was "forbidden" for years from having fun with my kids on Halloween. I remember questioning an elder about the whole Christmas thing. He couldn't come up with a good reason why it was okay to do Christmas but not Halloween. The best he could do was "cause Pastor doesn't want us to and he is above us..." Stoopit!

Old 10-29-2009, 04:29 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,670,703 times
Well considering my husbands family back in their homeland ( and parents here) are from Pagan origins and still practice many of the traditions, I have become very acquainted with them. I actually enjoy most of the traditions and celebrations and see nothing wrong with them. Love Halloween and Christmas, yule log, costumes, candy and all.

Old 10-29-2009, 06:53 PM

2 posts, read 1,707 times
Halloween is not biblical. I have learned that if whatever we do, say or even think in and of this world does not line up with God's word, then we ought not participate. I am only speaking to my Christian bretheren (all others won't understand); Why is that we continue to make attempts to emulate what the world does? Instead of trying to make what the enemy does, Godly, why can't we just do what God commands? The Lord did not try to retrieve satan once he decided to become a fallen angel. Why the chase to reverse his tactics. Let's just follow the Lord and experience an authentic joyous life in Christ!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity